Kind of Funny

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find it kind of funny that all the senior poster folks on here think I am a troll when I am just stating what I feel the Kings need to do to get better as a team. I feel they have no identity on offense or defense and for the hardcore fanboys who fail to see reality of that I don't know what to say. I am not a Laker fan or Warriors fan, but at least they know who they are as a team as a whole. I watched the Warrios game since the Kings weren't playing and comend them for coming from 21 down w/out Curry to beat the Hornets. All I am saying is that I wish the Kings had more of an identity and it frusterates me to see the GSW have DL scrubs look like a more cohesive unit than the Kings at times. I am a Kings fan through and through, but to be labled a troll or faker fan, kind of bugs me. I used to get it on the Cowboys board (been a fan since their 1-15 season when I was ten, so please no jokes about liking the Cowboys.....I always have, but used to post on their boards and stopped because I would tell people how I felt about the franchise and have noticed that the guys have come around to my views of how they are playing. Just saying, just because I am new doesn't give you the right to critisize my views. Thank you. GO KINGS!

K

Kingsguy881

I find it kind of funny that all the senior poster folks on here think I am a troll when I am just stating what I feel the Kings need to do to get better as a team. I feel they have no identity on offense or defense and for the hardcore fanboys who fail to see reality of that I don't know what to say. I am not a Laker fan or Warriors fan, but at least they know who they are as a team as a whole. I watched the Warrios game since the Kings weren't playing and comend them for coming from 21 down w/out Curry to beat the Hornets. All I am saying is that I wish the Kings had more of an identity and it frusterates me to see the GSW have DL scrubs look like a more cohesive unit than the Kings at times. I am a Kings fan through and through, but to be labled a troll or faker fan, kind of bugs me. I used to get it on the Cowboys board (been a fan since their 1-15 season when I was ten, so please no jokes about liking the Cowboys.....I always have, but used to post on their boards and stopped because I would tell people how I felt about the franchise and have noticed that the guys have come around to my views of how they are playing. Just saying, just because I am new doesn't give you the right to critisize my views. Thank you. GO KINGS!
Troll.

The Warriors do not have more of an identity than the Kings. I'm not trying to attack you as a person, but to say the Warriors, a team in turmoil all season long, have more of an identity than the Kings is just pee-poor.

GSW don't suck that bad if they had a chance to beat LA in regulation while the Kings fouled the last 2 minutes....also, didn't the Kings lose to GS by 32 and give up a 18 pt lead in the fourth to them and lose? Go figure....
[FONT=&quot]I don't really see how this post is laughable when the Lakers are the team to beat and that matching up with them should be a goal.
[/FONT]
Sorry if you''re not a troll but your logic is twisted. People already explained why your logic is all screwed up so I won't explain much. You give GS/Lakers way too much credit for what it's worth.

Last edited:
I am not a troll......I am saying that Don Nelson knows how to coach "small ball" per say and have better spacing and 3pt shooters while the Kings O seems stagnant at times. I don't think Westphal is a great offensive mind unless he has the right pieces like Sir Charles, KJ, AC Green and Ainge in the line up. If the Kings address the logjam at SF and get a more balance roster I think it will work out for the better. I also think we need a true PG at times to set up the O as opposed to Beno or Reke.

The Warriors identity is that of Nelly Ball which has never and will never be successful. But they will be in games every night because of their style of play,they have a bunch of shooters that can keep you IN or OUT of a game. To judge a 3 pt loss to the Lakers by the Warriors as them having more of a future when in reality they have ONE piece is insane.

We have probably all things considered a potential stud rookie who can d up 3 positions, will prob be our top 3 rebounder on our team and lead assist man. He can get to the rim at will, he has given the league fits night after night without a consistent jumper. The team around him needs to be built up more, but it's been apparent all year that we need more size up front.

The Kings of all the lesser teams actually have a distinct view of themselves right now. We are building a scrappy young, half court team that will run off turnovers. Once we get our desired big we will be right in the top 8 of the west, while the Warriors keep adding on to a broken system.

I don't have a twisted point of view, I live in reality and am not just an all out fanboy and think everything is good with the franchise. I look at things objectively and not that everything is better than it is.

I don't have a twisted point of view, I live in reality and am not just an all out fanboy and think everything is good with the franchise. I look at things objectively and not that everything is better than it is.
If you watch the Kings and their moves since this last summer, they know who they are... a tough and tough minded, scrappy team. I think their identity is rather clear.

I am not a troll......I am saying that Don Nelson knows how to coach "small ball" per say and have better spacing and 3pt shooters while the Kings O seems stagnant at times. I don't think Westphal is a great offensive mind unless he has the right pieces like Sir Charles, KJ, AC Green and Ainge in the line up. If the Kings address the logjam at SF and get a more balance roster I think it will work out for the better. I also think we need a true PG at times to set up the O as opposed to Beno or Reke.
So, you are comparing Don Nelson, the most notoriously one-dimensional coachs of all time's one dimension he focuses on vs. a balanced coach like Westphal? Sure, the warriors offense is more established; they have veteran players and a coach who only focuses on their offense. The Kings are the youngest team in the league with a coach in his first season in Sacramento... so the Kings are in "flux", but the funny part... they are a better team than GSW and have a better record, so what good has having an established identity done for the Warriors? None.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
Which is obviously how all the senior posters here think. :rolleyes:

I do agree that the Kings are building a tough and scrappy team, but I have to say that having a couple consistent 3 pt and jump shooters like Peja and Bibby...who were good at both would be nice to have. Also, drafting Adrich or Cousins will help w/ toughness/D/rebounding.

Part A:

If the Kings address the logjam at SF and get a more balance roster I think it will work out for the better.

Part B:

I also think we need a true PG at times to set up the O as opposed to Beno or Reke.
Part A: Yes, this is absolutely true; this can be said for most NBA teams; not the SF part, but the more balanced roster part.
Part B: They do, Beno and Reke can both play that role, but why would they?

It isn't backward logic to think that a teams offense will be enhanced if the right pieces mesh as one just like the early 2000's Kings teams did.

I think its unfair to make assumptions about your loyalties, maybe. But its not just newbies whose point of view are criticized around here. It's an equal opportunity message board around here.

If you poste your opinions, then you should be ready to take criticism from anybody. That's generally the norm for a message board. You post your POV and other people will criticize it. Just because someone doesn't agree with you, does not mean they are necessarily wrong or biased or out of touch with reality (well..sometimes :p).

And, IMHO, this forum is gentler on people than most sports forums. (Thanks mods. :))

I do agree that the Kings are building a tough and scrappy team, but I have to say that having a couple consistent 3 pt and jump shooters like Peja and Bibby...who were good at both would be nice to have. Also, drafting Adrich or Cousins will help w/ toughness/D/rebounding.
Absolutely, and I am sure Geoff (the GM) is working on adding these kinds of pieces while the players and coaches are trying to improve their games so they can fill those roles. Donte is becoming a better jumpshooter as is Omri... they just need time. Also, a big, tough center is the dream for this team... but those are really hard to find.

Also, consistent jumpshooter is an oxymoron.

I full on agree that being blasted for my POV is valid, but I also feel that people who love a team need to look at the facts logically and not just be positive all the time. I can take the heat about my views, but people also have to come to realize that things could always be better or improved. That is all I am saying.

It isn't backward logic to think that a teams offense will be enhanced if the right pieces mesh as one just like the early 2000's Kings teams did.
I was refering to the coach being better or worse with better or worse players. The coach does his job in whatever situations and a good coach helps his team win. Clearly, having the right pieces is the whole game in the NBA...

I do agree that the Kings are building a tough and scrappy team, but I have to say that having a couple consistent 3 pt and jump shooters like Peja and Bibby...who were good at both would be nice to have.
In due time guys like Omri and Donte can be every bit as deadly from 3 as Peja, and right now Beno has the mid range game on lock he just has not had the arena to showcase if he could be as clutch as Bibby was. But you can't teach how clutch Bibby was at that time, so I doubt very much so that Beno is even anything like what Bibby was to us years ago.

You can't live in the past, those Kings team will never be recreated. Only thing we can do is look for the future with a clear head and if you do look into the future you will see what the Kings have now is a extremely BRIGHT future.

I full on agree that being blasted for my POV is valid, but I also feel that people who love a team need to look at the facts logically and not just be positive all the time. I can take the heat about my views, but people also have to come to realize that things could always be better or improved. That is all I am saying.
You must also remember, the GSW are considered sort of a rival to the Kings; additionally, there is a lot of coverage about Curry somehow being the ROY instead of Tyreke and that makes a lot of people around here defensive and upset (and rightfully so, remember, this is the Sacramento Kings... their history is one of insanely bad luck and getting shafted by the NBA in favor of larger market teams)

Cool picture of a Troll....which I am not, however, do you guys think that the actor that played Willow and Leprechaun.....also was a troll in the Troll movie? Just asking...

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
We've already drafted and/or have those three point shooters in Cisco (still recovering from injury), Casspi (who's shot has been really off since the All-Star Break), and even Donte (when he's on, he's on). We're still developing, even Pedja and Bibby were rookies at one point.

I'm not going through all the postings here, because I don't have time. Simply put if you don't think that the Kings are building an identity you have your head so far up your *** you can probably see your lungs.

Let me break it down for you, I'll try to type slowly, so you can keep up.

Draft- Tyreke, Casspi, Brockman

What is one thing they all have in common?? They are tough.

Trade Deadline, We bring in Landry. What is he?? Tough!

Repeated benching of Hawes for being soft, why?? To let him know he needs to be TOUGH!

JT, Donte - TOUGH

Udoka, Nocioni - TOUGH!

Do you see a reoccuring theme yet? They are building a team who's identity will be toughness, playing hard every night, effort, determination, not giving up.

If you disagree....you're entitled to your opinion, but you'll still be wrong. It doesn't happen over night. Yes the rebuild is taking longer than it should have and the reason for that is two fold. The organization was trying to hold on to the good ole days, and rebuild on the fly for too long....it failed. The second part was getting the right coach in here. The rebuild officially began with the trade deadline last year, and when PW was hired.

So hold on, let it develop, or....well.....don't let the door hit you in the ***.

I agree that the Kings are trying to get tough, but to call JT and Donte tough is laughable. They complain the most about fouls on the team than anyone. I like Brockness, but Blair would of been better IMHO. The Kings will be a better defensive team with time, but they still allow way too many points a game to be considered tough just yet. Give it time.....and I will.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
I agree that the Kings are trying to get tough, but to call JT and Donte tough is laughable. They complain the most about fouls on the team than anyone. I like Brockness, but Blair would of been better IMHO. The Kings will be a better defensive team with time, but they still allow way too many points a game to be considered tough just yet. Give it time.....and I will.
So coming back five games after breaking your freaking back is soft?

I agree that JT showed toughness for getting tossed to the ground, but he should be the one doing that to other players....not being done to him. Watch some old Pistons tapes......nothing wrong with getting the dirty player label if teams think twice before entering the lane

Your reason for stating Warriors is better because they almost beat LA while we didn't. And the Warriors beat us by 32 and 18 while we beat them wasn't as much. That is very objective. :rolleyes:
Reality check for Warriors better than Kings:
Kings 23/44
Warriors 18/48

Your reason for our goal is to beat LA because they're the team to beat. Of course we should ignore all the other teams but then that wouldn't be thinking objectively. :rolleyes:

Reality team to beat:
Lakers 49/18 (last ten 6-4)
Cleveland 52/15 (last ten 9-1)
Beating LA 4-0 in regular season doesn't win you a championship.

Maybe I'm wrong, if you beat LA you can win a championship. But hey what do I know, I'm not thinking objectively and just a fan boy.;)

Who cares what people think of your opinions. You seem to take it personally when people have differing opinions, but that's just life. I don't think you're a troll, but maybe an attention whore by making a thread to draw attention to your case. Yes.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Hrm. Let's see...

1. Trolls delight in pretending to be fans while extolling the virtues of themselves as true fans living in reality and not bogged down by "fanboy" logic.

2. Trolls start threads to argue points of previous threads.

3. Trolls loudly proclaim that they have a knowledge that is somehow clearer than those of others who do not agree with them.

4. Trolls must have the last word, regardless of what might have already been said.

5. Trolls generally point to how they are universally misunderstood, often citing other instances on other message boards.

If it looks like a troll, acts like a troll, posts like a troll ...

You're certainly entitled to your opinion, as misguided as it may be, but you're not entitled to the smug superiority with which you post. That's reserved for those of us with more than 3,090 posts thank you very much.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.