Evil Domination (Evilmav)
BigWaxers Cowboys
G_M_
VF21 Devils
nebs niners
Garys Bengals
Georgia Force (loopy)
Bradymeister

Good luck to all. Since I created the league this year, at least you all could do is let the Bradymeister win!!! Thanks in advance.

:D
What a coincidence that my team is at the top of the list. That's where its gonna be by season's end, anyway.

C Diddy 2004-2005 champs, and soon to be 2006-2007 champs

That 2005-2006 year was a fluke! =)

What a coincidence that my team is at the top of the list. That's where its gonna be by season's end, anyway.

C Diddy 2004-2005 champs, and soon to be 2006-2007 champs

That 2005-2006 year was a fluke! =)
Damn, I got second, let's play again!

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I hope all of you are studying up on how to lose graciously... I don't want to come here and see a lot of whining after the Devils have ruined your day.

:p

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I disagree. I think having half the league go to the playoffs is enough...

And I think that's pre-determined by Yahoo anyway. Remember they have to fit in a season and playoffs while all the players are still playing.

That's funny because the league you're running has 8 of us making the playoffs.

It's all able to be edited by the commish. All the options are set to where all Fantasy Seasons are over before the real NFL Playoffs.

But anyway in this league last year I had the most points in the league and did not make the playoffs, I finished in 7th.

The best regular season teams still get their byes. It would allow the bottom feeders to face eachother and have a team like mine from last year have a chance to fight for the title. I liken it to the new NBA rule made for this season. The Mavs faced the Spurs in the second round.

Last edited:

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Hrm. I guess I should go change that then, huh?

;)

If it comes to a vote, I'd rather see 6 teams advance rather than 8. Maybe I'll go take a vote on the league I'm running.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Rock wouldn't have changed it without consulting with the rest of the people anyway.

My general rule of thumb is "if it ain't broke, don't fix it"...

:)

Rock, seriously think about it, please. Don't let VF decide this. :)

VF decided it was a good idea for 8 when she started her league and chose the settings, so just remember that. ;)

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
No, VF21 didn't even look at that issue - until now. I've started a thread on the Yahoo page for the other league, asking the opinions of the rest of the members.

You are upset because you didn't make the playoffs. That's understandable but I don't think the rules should be changed because you didn't win enough games.

Actually it's not because I didn't make the playoffs. It's because the league I'm running came to me and asked for it. I thought about it and saw it was wanted and a good idea, so I did it. When you THINK about it it does make sense.

:)

Last edited:

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Why is it a good idea to allow 2/3 of your league to go on to the playoffs? If you're going to do that, why not just let EVERYONE participate in the playoffs and let the seeding determine what happens?

I know it seems as though I'm being contrary, but I honesty think that having more than half the teams go to the post-season is like having little kids play ball but not keep score.

That's funny because the league you're running has 8 of us making the playoffs.

It's all able to be edited by the commish. All the options are set to where all Fantasy Seasons are over before the real NFL Playoffs.

But anyway in this league last year I had the most points in the league and did not make the playoffs, I finished in 7th.

The best regular season teams still get their byes. It would allow the bottom feeders to face eachother and have a team like mine from last year have a chance to fight for the title. I liken it to the new NBA rule made for this season. The Mavs faced the Spurs in the second round.
I just wrote a message on our Yahoo League. However, I'll state it again here. If everyone wants to change something, then let's vote. I actually support nebs on this one simply because if I were the highest total points and didn't make the playoffs, I would be a little bit upset.

Eventhough this league is for free, my $$ league has 8 out of 10 teams making the playoffs, therefore, it wouldn't bother me if it was changed to 8 teams in this league.

By the way, I don't always look at this thread now that the league is full, therefore, it might have been a good idea to PM me as well.

Rock wouldn't have changed it without consulting with the rest of the people anyway.
I won't change anything unless it benefits me. :D Seriously, I'll always consider everyone in the league if anything needs to be changed.

I sent a message in our Yahoo League, however, I'll post it again here. So far everyone looks in favor of changing the playoff format from 6 to 8 teams, therefore, its now been changed.

I sent a message on our Yahoo League. As usual, I'll post it here. Just a reminder that our draft is exactly in one week. So be prepared to get your butts kicked by the Bradymeister. This is the Bradymeister's year to win the Championship. :D

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
For those who may not know, Circa 1985 Fan has stepped in at the last moment to replace loopymitch, who posted on the Yahoo board that she would not be able to participate. Circa's name on the league is He Hate Me...

Welcome, Circa!