Kessler Edwards

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
the only needle that seems to move is the one scratching my record.

but assume that means we'll be moving a forward as part of more important deal.

I’d rather Kessler get minutes than Okpala at this point. Kessler plays a little stiff, but is strong and athletic and can be an ok 3pt shooter (catch and shoot). Not a bad wing to have for the bench rotation.

Hmm. Assuming all we're sending is like a top 55 protected 2nd that will never convey, I like it. Kessler had a few really good games his rookie year and is 22, 6'8 wing. Looks like he's playing really well in the G-League this year.

16.9 PPG
6.4 RPG
1.9 APG
40% from 3 on 5.7 3PA

Good buy-low swing.

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
Dang according to his wikipedia page he was converted from a 2-way contract to a full NBA deal but I guess he'll be just like a typical 2nd rounder for us if he is going to be in Stockton to start. Would love a guy that can be on the main roster and get some minutes not sure where he fits but I guess somewhere where KZ would be?

…. Is he good?
Had a surprisingly good rookie year, then what I'm trying to find out is why he never got back into the rotation this season. Started 23 games, 20 MPG last year, but nothing this year.

And I do recall he had a few stand-out games and has tremendous length on the wing. Think he's a developmental buy-low piece at a premium position as opposed to someone who can step in right away and help

dude12

Hall of Famer
I mentioned this in the trade thread…….I’m hoping Monte stole a Lyles level of production guy from another team. I’ve actually had my eye on him and was wondering why the Nets stopped giving him opportunities. Solid low key pick up

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
I'm not sure if we have to use the TPE because he's a minimum I think. So we can just get him. @Capt. Factorial can you confirm?
Is he a minimum? It says this will save Brooklyn 8 million in salary including the tax, which I assumed to mean his deal is in the 4 million range, but that might be over 2 seasons?

Could work out well to shore up the bench and we can still get a center upgrade like Plumee in here. It's not a huge splash, but not sure if Monte wants to mess with the starting 5 anyway.