Keon Ellis

How are we feeling about Keon's long-term outlook as a starting SG?

I'm not sold on it because I think there's some limitations from having a small backcourt. But I like him much more than Huerter.
I feel good about Keon long term. KCP and Danny Green were championship starters at the 2, and I think that is a good template for Keon. I think he needs to work on his play off of Sabonis - he dribble hand off specifically. And I think he needs to tighten his handle and work on decision making on the fast break. But this is really about refining skills that he already has, rather than developing something totally new.

We're not getting Mikal unless we trade away Keegan. Stein reported that the Nets didn't want a Rockets trade even if it gave them all of their picks back AND Jalen Green.. Shams also confirmed that the Nets officially rejected this trade. The Nets were also rumored to have rejected 4 1st round picks from Memphis.
The Nets blew it if that was the trade on the table. Jalen Green started showing something this year and is only 21. Bridges has to be the 3rd best player on a team if it is going to make any noise.

I'm not sold on it because I think there's some limitations from having a small backcourt. But I like him much more than Huerter.
If Keon can play like he has this past month of April, I think he could be a long term answer at SG. His numbers this month of April were very solid for a starting 3 and D guard. This is his April Stat line in 8 games:

April: 25.6 min, 3.5-7.4 47.5% FG%, 2.5-5.3 47.6% 3P%, 1.0-1.1 88.9 FT%, 3.6 RPG, 2.00 APG, 0.6 BPG. 1.3 SPG, 1.4 TO, 10.5 PPG

He just needs to get a little stronger and bigger and he can be our defensive guard stopper in the starting line up for many years to come. His defense can be special.

I don't think he's small at all as a guard. Dude has a good wingspan and obviously a massive + defensively. Even if he is shorter, height only matters on defense, and he's proven to be an effective multi-position defender.

It's a small sample (144 minutes) but Fox-Monk-Ellis on the floor together had a

115.7 ORtg
109.5 DRtg

So while it's not something I would consider starting, but I think Keon is probably a guy you can flex down to the 3 at times when you wanted to run 3 guard lineups.

Monk-Mitchell-Ellis (so even smaller) in a 67 minute sample together:

108.8 ORtg
94.4 DRtg (damn)

Again, it's a crazy small sample and things get real wonky when you start looking at 3-man combos, but I think this at least gives us some basis to trust that Keon can flex down to the 3 and defend.