Howard is owed 20 Million $ over the next three years

Thomas is owed 39 Million $ over 5 years

Howard is 6-9

Thomas is 6-7

Howard scores more

Thomas rebounds more

Howard is older (33)

Thomas is younger (28)

Howard can play center (well he could try)

Thomas could play SF (maybe)

Last edited by a moderator:

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
If we're actually getting to this point, why not just take Kenny out and shoot him? It would be infinitely kinder than trading him for Juwan Howard, both to us and to KT's ego...

I have NEVER payed attention to college sports, however, I knew how Juwon was since watching him as a Washington Bullet. He was incredable. Than, for some reason, he fell off the face of the earth (it was because they renamed the franchise, and I didn't follow sports close enough to know at the time) for him finaly to resurface when MJ came back to be a GM. He traded him (I think to Dallas? Denver?) But than he just proved to be a stat guy on bad teams. Shame really.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
If we're actually getting to this point, why not just take Kenny out and shoot him? It would be infinitely kinder than trading him for Juwan Howard, both to us and to KT's ego...
Yeah, but unfortunately I think we'd still be on the hook for the rest of that damn salary. :p

Then don't read anything about big men in the news anymore. ;)

Seriously, c'mon now... it's July 10th. There's still close to 3 months left of the off-season, and Petrie does his work later in the middle of the summer, and mostly through trades.

Is that allowed under the CBA? What would be the salary cap ramifications? Do we at least get some sort of Old Yeller trade exemption?

Howard is owed 20 Million $ over the next three years

Thomas is owed 39 Million $ over 5 years

Howard is 6-9

Thomas is 6-7

Howard scores more

Thomas rebounds more

Howard is older (33)

Thomas is younger (28)

Howard can play center (well he could try)

Thomas could play SF (maybe)
KT probably is our best rebounder in our front court so just unloading him for anyone isn't going to help us necessarily, may actually hurt us. we're probably going to have to package him with some of our young guys to move him, or like with Skinner wait until a team gets desperate due to injury and just needs a roleplayer at the 4.

Wow. I'm all for off-color humor, but jokes about taking a living, breathing Kings player out back and shooting him like a dog because he's a whiner does not tickle my funny bone whatsoever.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Thing is we have to actually be careful here, ESPECIALLY if we lose Bonzi. Losing Bonzi and KT in the same offseason totally decimates our already pathetic rebounding. As much as KT may need to go, we absolutely need to get a rebounder back somhow to take his/SARs/Brad's place. We cannot afford to get any worse on the glass or it doesn;t matter what else we do -- we ain't going anywhere.

Wow. I'm all for off-color humor, but jokes about taking a living, breathing Kings player out back and shooting him like a dog because he's a whiner does not tickle my funny bone whatsoever.
I agree with you, this thread is disgusting. It's one thing to talk about a trade and your discomfort in the players, and to even joke about it, but no one deserves those comments. In which case, I rather have Thomas than Howard anyday. I would like to see a good trade happening for him, but let's be fair and not so cruel.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
I wouldn't mind Juwan Howard off the bench; at least he's "actual sized." The only problem that Howard, like Thomas, has started for most of his career. But, unlike Thomas, I think that Howard would not be a prick about coming off the bench.

He's not a good defender, but he's a solid post option off the bench, and I think that his rebounding numbers might actually look better playing against reserves.

I agree with you, this thread is disgusting. It's one thing to talk about a trade and your discomfort in the players, and to even joke about it, but no one deserves those comments. In which case, I rather have Thomas than Howard anyday. I would like to see a good trade happening for him, but let's be fair and not so cruel.
Thanks.

At least someone exercises some common sense around here.

Well, anything involving Isiah Thomas is automatically laugh-worthy...

Plus, that joke is funny because of Isiah's idiocy, and not a dig on the players being offed. They're not half-jokingly/half-seriously discussing shooting Mutumbo in the back of the head because he whines too much.
I know, I know. Just happened across it and then saw the thread and though it'd be perfect :p

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Well, anything involving Isiah Thomas is automatically laugh-worthy...

Plus, that joke is funny because of Isiah's idiocy, and not a dig on the players being offed. They're not half-jokingly/half-seriously discussing shooting Mutumbo in the back of the head because he whines too much.
You cannot be serious.

Half-serious about shooting Kenny Thomas? Yeah, like I'd do that.

Your righteous indignation not withstanding, what I referred to is a pretty common expression and it does not in any way denote any intention to actually perform violence on another human being.

It's amazing to me that you, who have posted some of the most lame attempts at humor on this board, would take umbrage at a comment clearly made without real rancor.

If you want to continue to debate this, please feel free to do so via PM.

Thanks ever so.

You cannot be serious.

Half-serious about shooting Kenny Thomas? Yeah, like I'd do that.

Your righteous indignation not withstanding, what I referred to is a pretty common expression and it does not in any way denote any intention to actually perform violence on another human being.

It's amazing to me that you,
who have posted some of the most lame attempts at humor on this board, would take umbrage at a comment clearly made without real rancor.

If you want to continue to debate this, please feel free to do so via PM.

Thanks ever so.
Wow, thanks for the insult. And the sarcastic thanks. Particularly after my post never personally insulted you in the first place. That's completely appropriate behavior for a moderator.

Believe it or not, I really was offended that someone would jokingly reinforce executing a real person, and apparently I'm not the only one. In fact, this isn't the first time I've responded to someone making a "death" joke about an NBA player on this board.

Is it "amazing" to you that another member of this board also found it "disgusting"? I'm sorry I never realized that "taking someone out back and shooting him" and applying for "Old Yeller trade exemptions" are common colloquial expressions in the English language.

I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree, like you do with 7/8 of the members on this board. Apparently it's impossible to ever agree to agree with you.

PM me if you want to continue this further. I probably won't respond. Or better yet, ban me for writing this post, even though I've never ever had any problem with anybody else on this message board, or on any internet message board for that matter.

Last edited: