JT wants to get traded (and other trade discussion)

I think it's time. He's reached his max here and i think he could be a real solid contributor to a contender off the bench. No joke.

There's a lot that can be said about JT's game, but he has been a true professional here since day one. Through all the bs he has played night in and night out with no complaints. Wish him the best if we do move him.

Spike

Subsidiary Intermediary
Staff member
Well, we wouldn't have a starting PF on this roster, and it would leave Hollins as the only legit back up 5 (according to size).

Sign me up.

I love JT but he is not in any position to demand a trade. Either he gets traded or doesn't. But if he doesn't I know he will be the same hardworking player he always has been. JT is a professional and I'm sure he will continue to be that regardless of Thrusday's outcome.

I don't blame him to be honest. He has been jerked around every since he got drafted by this pathetically run franchise. He will be a good pick up for a team that trades for him.

I would personally like to keep him and play him as that 3rd tall where he would back up both PF and C positions, get his 20-25mpg and more freedom within the offence with the bench unit.

We have probably made him difficult to trade given how we have reduced his role and that contract might just be a bit over-prized for current production. If he goes I wish him all the best. He will get more appreciated somewhere else. He is a good, under-rated player.

gunks

Hall of Famer
Well, we wouldn't have a starting PF on this roster, and it would leave Hollins as the only legit back up 5 (according to size).

Sign me up.
This made me laugh!

Anyways...

Best of luck if we do trade him, I've always been a JT fan, I think a contender could do a lot worse in a backup big.

One just has to hope PDA (Vivek, lets be real) has a contingency plan beyond a PF rotation of Williams/Landry.

Uck.

However, if true... something like a JT and DWill package could perhaps net us a decent bench player. I'm not ready to give up on Stauskas. But if the FO was and he was tossed in... we sure as hell better get a major starter in return for those three. Otherwise you're just moving players to move them.

But our biggest hole at a starting position at that point would again be at PF... so who's going to trade us a decent starting PF for a backup PF and a guard prospect? Who would even do that? That we would want... Or wait... let me guess we do it for a first rounder in the top ten this year for when we lose our pick... o_O >>> :rolleyes:

Glenn

Hall of Famer
I don't blame him to be honest. He has been jerked around every since he got drafted by this pathetically run franchise. He will be a good pick up for a team that trades for him.

I would personally like to keep him and play him as that 3rd tall where he would back up both PF and C positions, get his 20-25mpg and more freedom within the offence with the bench unit.

We have probably made him difficult to trade given how we have reduced his role and that contract might just be a bit over-prized for current production. If he goes I wish him all the best. He will get more appreciated somewhere else. He is a good, under-rated player.
I don't want to trade him either. However, almost on a weekly basis someone on this forum has concocted some trade scenario to unload him. JT therefore hasn't even basked in the warmth the Kings fans are famed for. I don't blame him for wanting to leave and I will bet money many on this forum will feel no loss.

However, if true... something like a JT and DWill package could perhaps net us a decent bench player. I'm not ready to give up on Stauskas. But if the FO was and he was tossed in... we sure as hell better get a major starter in return for those three. Otherwise you're just moving players to move them.

But our biggest hole at a starting position at that point would again be at PF... so who's going to trade us a decent starting PF for a backup PF and a guard prospect? Who would even do that? That we would want... Or wait... let me guess we do it for a first rounder in the top ten this year for when we lose our pick... o_O >>> :rolleyes:
If they don't get a PF in a trade now, they'll probably just play out the season with Reggie Evans starting, since he's already played for Karl

Or if not true -- somehow I don't think JT wanting to be traded is in any way responsible for him being in trade discussions.
This is yet another front office "leak" that is trying to damage persons reputation on the way out. Its rather pathetic that these imbeciles need to stoop to that level to justify their decision to make a move.

First slag off on IT (while some is warranted, some is not, even if it is true), then slag off on Malone and question his professionalism. Not let it be heard that JT has requested a trade even if he hasn't. Now I don't know if he has, and if it fact he has, I don't blame him but these bunch of weasels can man up for once, put their ****ing hand up and say I have traded this guy because I think he does not fit what we want from that position. He has been a hard working class act his entire time in Sacramento and we wish him nothing but the absolute best.

But no, lets they and throw some mud to justify our decision. Pathetic and so predictable by this organization in the last 18 months. At least Geoff Petrie has class and treated all the players that have left or have been traded with respect.

There is probably nothing out there that takes Thompson's inflated contracted and gives us much we want back.

We don't just want junk to replace his salary, and who wants to pay Thompson his contract value without giving us trash in return?

I take it with a grain of salt. The Jason Thompson of the world don't usually go to the FO and demand trades. I find this entire story hard to believe.

But that doesn't mean his departure isn't being actively discussed.

So many different combinations can be made around these rumors.

JT by himself isn't getting you anything. If it did, the Kings would have traded him already.

The Bucks are the most interesting team we've been linked too. Henson is the piece I want, but Larry Sanders is a Kings sort of gamble. Karl actually does value rim protection. Incredibly risky, but some combination of Thompson, Landry, and Williams would get it done. Basically, nothing of value to anyone.