Jordan Ford

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
At this point we have two NBA roster spots and one two-way contract remaining, and we have to decide what is going to happen with Queta.

I don't really know if the Queta decision will be tied to any potential Jordan Ford decision, but it seems unlikely that Ford will be given a full NBA deal - he's probably a two-way candidate. And if we end up using the third two-way on Queta, then Ford may be looking for a two-way elsewhere.

It seems pretty likely that we're going to want to go into the season with a third-string PG. He played well in Summer eague, but I just suspect Ford is more in line for the fourth-string job right now.

I watched a lot of summer league this year. I like Ford, but I think he's at his ceiling right now. Could he give 5 minutes here or there in the NBA? Sure. But on an ascending team I'm not sure that we want or need that.

Last edited by a moderator:
I watched a lot of summer league this year. I like Ford, but I think he's at his ceiling right now. Could he give 5 minutes here or there in the NBA? Sure. But on an ascending team I'm not sure that we want or need that.
I agree with this about Ford, although I am rooting for him.

To Miami snagging Ford, he's 25. I don't see that happening. He's got some incremental upside in him. I wish him the best, I don't think it will be here. And maybe it shouldn't be, he might need a change of scenery from his home town.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
My negative evaluation of Queta has nothing to do with his injury or his performance in the recent summer league. Like I said before, he should have been cut last year. He's just not very good and unfortunately doesn't have the dna to become good, imo
PS After seeing the Capt Factorial comment above, maybe a separate Queta thread is in order.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
I really like Ford's shot and IQ. However, when the Summer League competition got bigger and a little faster, I thought his lack of size became apparent. I'd rather play Monk at the point and invest in a last chance for Queta.

dude12

Hall of Famer
I’m pulling for Ford but tbh, Keon Ellis would be better on the roster as he could apply wicked defensive pressure with Monk and Davion handling backup PG duties

I think we can sign three 2 way players. Ford would be a good signing if Fox or Mitchell are hurt. With the signing or Noel, I think Queta is history.