Jordan Ford training camp deal converted to a two-way deal

Very good! He gave a lot of confidence in SL this year and feel great about him if we ever have to tap him in an injury situation throughout the year.

I am curious if we roll with 14 big league team slots this year and keep some flexibility.

SacTownKid

Hall of Famer
Monte and his staff see it all. Ford looked to be on the cusp of being a legit NBA guard and it worked out in the end. Is Ellis still on a two way? Skal, Ford, and Ellis spending time in Stockton could be a pretty good team.

Monte and his staff see it all. Ford looked to be on the cusp of being a legit NBA guard and it worked out in the end. Is Ellis still on a two way? Skal, Ford, and Ellis spending time in Stockton could be a pretty good team.
I'd prefer we keep Ellis on the 2-way. There's just no playing time up here this year and another year of development could go a long way after next season. I still think it's super unlikely we keep all 3 of Davion/Huerter/Monk long-term, so there very likely is going to be an opening (or 2!) in our back-court for Ellis/Duarte/Jones to capitalize on down the line.

funkykingston

Super Moderator
Staff member
Colby big PG is real real intriguing to me. I kind of felt that was his more natural slot, on defense too, than sliding down to defend big wings. More of a 1-2 than a 2-3
Jordan Ford is a great story and a good emergency PG to have down in Stockton, but the Kings are better off if Colby or Keon win that role with good play in training camp and the preseason.

Jones is a more natural playmaker but Ellis is a better defender. Both can score a bit but need a consistent 3.

It's really the only training camp battle to watch. Every other roster spot is set and just a matter of the rotations.

Jordan Ford is a great story and a good emergency PG to have down in Stockton, but the Kings are better off if Colby or Keon win that role with good play in training camp and the preseason.

Jones is a more natural playmaker but Ellis is a better defender. Both can score a bit but need a consistent 3.

It's really the only training camp battle to watch. Every other roster spot is set and just a matter of the rotations.
Yeah, Ford isn't a future guy obviously. Just someone to fill out the roster if we wanted Keon and Colby playing everyday in Stocton. Which might not be a bad idea either, since them getting minutes is fairly unlikely with the big club this year