Jimmer Fredette

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's not always the case when playing on one team. Sometimes you have to be in the right situation like coaching style, teammates, extended playing time etc. how else do you explain players suddenly excelling when switching teams or bouncing around team to team and then playing great when put in the right situation like Chauncey billups, Jermaine O'neal, or Jeremy Lin.
Lin broke out the first opportunity he got. The other guys were never on the verge of not being in the league.

Bobby Jackson and Christie were playing in a rotation if not starting before they came. Same with Barry. Maxwell didn't get better with the Kings. His game stayed the same.

I'm not saying Jimmer won't get better over time or with a change of scenery. But I wouldn't bet on it based on what I've seen. He's an NBA player, just borderline at this point. And I think league talent evaluators know it.

Lin broke out the first opportunity he got. The other guys were never on the verge of not being in the league.

Bobby Jackson and Christie were playing in a rotation if not starting before they came. Same with Barry. Maxwell didn't get better with the Kings. His game stayed the same.

I'm not saying Jimmer won't get better over time or with a change of scenery. But I wouldn't bet on it based on what I've seen. He's an NBA player, just borderline at this point. And I think league talent evaluators know it.
Jimmer doesn't need to get better. He needs to get more minutes. Go look at his PER. Jimmer has already made huge improvement in his weakest areas from his rookie year to the point that he could be very productive for a team that let's him play.

Jimmer doesn't need to get better. He needs to get more minutes. Go look at his PER. Jimmer has already made huge improvement in his weakest areas from his rookie year to the point that he could be very productive for a team that let's him play.
Also, Jimmer needs a new agent. His current representation first signed him to a shoe deal with Spalding?? Anyone wear Spalding? I didn't think so. Second, he needs to rock the boat. Get pissed off. What does he have to lose. It's ridiculous he doesn't play more. His agent will have his work cut out for him this summer. Make or break for Jimmer's basketball future. I don't know who his agent is but he needs an upgrade. He still has a legion of followers and his game is improving. He just needs the right fit.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Also, Jimmer needs a new agent. His current representation first signed him to a shoe deal with Spalding?? Anyone wear Spalding? I didn't think so. Second, he needs to rock the boat. Get pissed off. What does he have to lose. It's ridiculous he doesn't play more. His agent will have his work cut out for him this summer. Make or break for Jimmer's basketball future. I don't know who his agent is but he needs an upgrade. He still has a legion of followers and his game is improving. He just needs the right fit.
I'm sorry. I tried to picture Jimmer getting pissed off but it always comes across like a little kid throwing a temper tantrum. He's been too nice for too long.

1. There is no way that Jimmer signs with the Kings.

2. Of course Jimmer will be better when he is no longer with the Kings. That's how it goes with almost every ex-King who wasn't/isn't a selfish ball-stopper (they are the ones with inflated stats).

3. Some of you here can't wait til the Jimmer fans are gone. Well, some of us will be happy to no longer be following a dumpster fire organization and team, led by The Three Cancers, whose coach regularly expresses disdain for his team (he needs some credibility), having voluntarily watched some of the very worst basketball we have ever seen. Having said that, I think some of you are great fans and have shown me that you have incredible loyalty (for reasons unknown).

3. Some of you here can't wait til the Jimmer fans are gone. Well, some of us will be happy to no longer be following a dumpster fire organization and team, led by The Three Cancers, whose coach regularly expresses disdain for his team (he needs some credibility), having voluntarily watched some of the very worst basketball we have ever seen. Having said that, I think some of you are great fans and have shown me that you have incredible loyalty (for reasons unknown).
And this is why I despise player fans and why there will always be issues between Kings fans and player fans.

I will say I have respect for Npliam as he's a good poster and has always been respectful. I won't lump him in with others. However among player fans he's a rare breed. Some of you should follow his lead.

Glenn

Hall of Famer
1. There is no way that Jimmer signs with the Kings.

2. Of course Jimmer will be better when he is no longer with the Kings. That's how it goes with almost every ex-King who wasn't/isn't a selfish ball-stopper (they are the ones with inflated stats).

Jimmer's fans have been great. I doubt if anyone of consequence is hoping you people go away. This year Jimmer has improved and I don't think has been rewarded. If I remember correctly from the grades of last game, he did a very good job defensively. If I am wrong in my memory, fine, but if I am correct and his coach continues to rightfully complain about the team's lack of defensive effort, his complaints are hollow. If a team cannot find a place for a 50% three pt shooter, he needs to leave for his own sanity. At some point he has to wonder what he has to do to get minutes. He has done everything asked of him and that are within his physical capabilities. He SHOULD be pissed but I think is too much of a gentleman. Apparently that is not part of the new culture.

If the new culture includes sharing and defense and being a nice guy, I say he checks 2 1/2 of the boxes. He shares, he is a good guy, and his defense is spotty.

Glenn

Hall of Famer
And this is why I despise player fans and why there will always be issues between Kings fans and player fans.

I will say I have respect for Npliam as he's a good poster and has always been respectful. I won't lump him in with others. However among player fans he's a rare breed. Some of you should follow his lead.
How do you compare Jimmer fans and the pizza guys. I don't think you are being fair as Jimmermaniacs have kept quiet. They have learned well.

Thanks, I try to be fair and remember where I am. I will probably check in from time to time after Jimmer leaves. I like the board and have always liked the Kings.

I'm sorry. I tried to picture Jimmer getting pissed off but it always comes across like a little kid throwing a temper tantrum. He's been too nice for too long.
He has a competitive fire that burns pretty hot. I just think he realizes that pitching a fit does no good.

Which brings this back to my original question. Why will no one let him play when it's so obvious to fans he's the second coming? Why didn't anyone want to trade for him? OKC was looking for a shooter at trade deadline. Jimmer was there for the taking, didn't they look at his PER?

To be honest, I've gotten used to the Jimmer fans. But the whining about playing time is wearing thin on me. He is without a doubt better than his first year. But he's being overvalued on this board.

Thanks, I try to be fair and remember where I am. I will probably check in from time to time after Jimmer leaves. I like the board and have always liked the Kings.
Glad to hear you plan to stick around some. You are a good poster, and it is always nice to hear from fans of other teams that aren't bias toward the Kings. It gives a different perspective.

Last edited:
That's debatable but it's too late now. Hard for me to make a judgment though not knowing what's going on behind the scenes I guess.
You don't get to be as good as he is without that competitive fire. It isn't like he was born 6'7" with outstanding athleticism. He has worked very hard to get where he is (very similar to IT) and wouldn't be there with that fire.

Which brings this back to my original question. Why will no one let him play when it's so obvious to fans he's the second coming? Why didn't anyone want to trade for him? OKC was looking for a shooter at trade deadline. Jimmer was there for the taking, didn't they look at his PER?

To be honest, I've gotten used to the Jimmer fans. But the whining about playing time is wearing thin on me. He is without a doubt better than his first year. But he's being overvalued on this board.
You wouldn't believe me if I gave you valid reasons.

How do you compare Jimmer fans and the pizza guys. I don't think you are being fair as Jimmermaniacs have kept quiet. They have learned well.
I didn't differentiate between the two in that post. Players fans in general have always bothered me, the type who generally won't be here the day their player leaves. I don't think we have many of them btw. Can only think of two IT player fans and maybe 3-4 Jimmer player fans.

I feel this way about seeing it on other forums and through other sports as well. I've never liked it as the majority of the time when their player isn't doing well they turn and attack the team, the club or the organization. As far as Jimmer fans vs IT fans, do you really want me to answer that? I'll just say I prefer Jimmer fans in all honesty.

I've probably said enough in this thread...

who here is a Kings fan because they like the way the Kings play basketball?

I liked the Suns in the Nash heyday because of the way the played. I mean, really, who has fallen in love with the worst organization in the Western Conference because it fits what they love about basketball?

I rooted for the Kings in their heyday. But those days are long, long gone.

Because you have made up your mind and look for evidence to back up your opinion.
Actually I'm looking for evidence to change my opinion. I'm open to it, but haven't heard it.

I had wrote something about my basketball background, but erased it. Not important. But the point I was going to make was that I'm not basing my opinion about Jimmer on whether or not I like the guy. It's based on what I see. If you have something to help me see it differently, I'm all ears.

Well, no jimmer in the first half.

I'm a little sad actually. They're doing what they said they'd do. Playing jimmer wasn't one of those things.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
He has a competitive fire that burns pretty hot. I just think he realizes that pitching a fit does no good.
My thoughts are based, of course, on what I've seen since he's been here. Granted, he didn't get a fair shake IMHO from the previous coaching staff - and to be totally honest I don't think he's been given a fair shot this year either.

You say he has a competitive fire and I have no doubts that he does. The problem is that most Kings fans have never seen it. They see the nice guy who has a sweet pure shot but doesn't really get down and dirty. He's the victim of stereotyping to some extent, in that he's such a nice guy nobody expects him to drop an F bomb or get a technical or commit a flagrant foul. If you look up Jimmer Fredette in the Kings fan dictionary, "tough" just isn't one of the descriptors.

You know I'm rooting for Jimmer. I like him. I own his jersey. I truly wish something could happen that would fix all that's gone wrong during his time here but I don't have a clue as to what it could be.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME

I liked the Suns in the Nash heyday because of the way the played. I mean, really, who has fallen in love with the worst organization in the Western Conference because it fits what they love about basketball?

Okay. You can stop now. You're a guest in our house.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member

So, you rooted for the Kings, when they played "a certain way." And then, when they stopped playing that way, you jumped ship, and starting rooting for the Suns, because they played "a certain way." Sounds like one of the defining traits of a bandwagon fan. Is that what you meant to ask? Who here is a bandwagon Kings fan?

Status
Not open for further replies.