Jimmer Fredette

Status
Not open for further replies.
I only watched the 1st half..the few times I can have the Kings on NBA TV I had to have a teleconference meeting..bummer was not able to watch Jimmer hit those 3's, I only had to just re-watch the highlights. Happy for him. Basketball is a game of confidence, once he get's it back, watch out NBA!! :) Also glad the Kings won! Anyone care to share what happened to DMC?

T

Toasty

Man, this is the Jimmer we signed up for. Not only the incredibly hot shooting, but the swagger and confidence like the shot above. He did that to dude's in college all the time. Just look at how much it fired up the bench.
He is really well liked and that is a cool thing on this team.

CruzDude

Senior Member sharing a brew with bajaden
Any questions?

And please, show some respect for what he did tonight. Without him, we lose. It's that freaking simple. Jimmer fans? Tonight your guy pretty much did everything this Kings fan could have asked of him. :)
Only question is when he becomes our starting PG.

Spike

Subsidiary Intermediary
Staff member
Shouldn't we resign Jimmer???........................
Depends.

If he's needed as part of a trade to bring back better fitting talent, then he's gone. I doubt that management won't pull the trigger on a good trade because they want Jimmer. (I actually feel that way about most of this roster, save for 2 players.)

If he doesn't net us anything before the deadline, I wouldn't mind looking to see if we can bring him back. I think he has some value off the bench and could fit well in a half court offense. Sure, he has warts like anyone else, but we know what they are and would go into a contract with open eyes.

Depends.

If he's needed as part of a trade to bring back better fitting talent, then he's gone. I doubt that management won't pull the trigger on a good trade because they want Jimmer. (I actually feel that way about most of this roster, save for 2 players.)

If he doesn't net us anything before the deadline, I wouldn't mind looking to see if we can bring him back. I think he has some value off the bench and could fit well in a half court offense. Sure, he has warts like anyone else, but we know what they are and would go into a contract with open eyes.
I hope we don't bring him back for the sake of his career and this team. I like Fredette and I've always seen the potential in him to drain 3s all game. But, he's never really had consistent minutes on the kings. The first 3 years on this team, he's played with the some of the most ball dominant/selfish players in the NBA. I think at this point on the kings, he doesn't bring much to the table anymore. We'd be paying 3+million for a guy who will spend the majority of games sitting on the bench when that 3+million could have gone to a needed lockdown defender. Unless the kings make major roster changes, I don't see him here.

I honestly don't think Jimmer can become a good NBA player unless a team makes him their franchise guy or a key player a part of their future.

How much do you think it would cost to bring Jimmer back? I wouldn't mind a 1 year deal worth around 5million just to see what he can do next year as he gets better in the offseason. Some players just need more time developing and other players just need more pt to get better. Jimmer would be both..

Spike

Subsidiary Intermediary
Staff member
I hope we don't bring him back for the sake of his career and this team. I like Fredette and I've always seen the potential in him to drain 3s all game. But, he's never really had consistent minutes on the kings. The first 3 years on this team, he's played with the some of the most ball dominant/selfish players in the NBA. I think at this point on the kings, he doesn't bring much to the table anymore. We'd be paying 3+million for a guy who will spend the majority of games sitting on the bench when that 3+million could have gone to a needed lockdown defender. Unless the kings make major roster changes, I don't see him here.

I honestly don't think Jimmer can become a good NBA player unless a team makes him their franchise guy or a key player a part of their future.

How much do you think it would cost to bring Jimmer back? I wouldn't mind a 1 year deal worth around 5million just to see what he can do next year as he gets better in the offseason. Some players just need more time developing and other players just need more pt to get better. Jimmer would be both..
Holy contradictions, Batman!

Yes, he never had the opportunity to develop. If IT goes, it might make sense to keep Jimmer.

If 3 million is a lot, why would you pay 5 million?

I don't think he needs to be the franchise guy or key cog to get better, just consistent minutes. I'm not sure if yesterday was a showcase or if he's earned more time...guess we'll see. Was last night an anomaly? Not sure, but he's shown the ability to put up points in a hurry, which screams bench support to me, which would be reasonable at bench support prices. I don't know that number off the top off my head.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
We already aren't resigning him to that $3mil rookie deal. Already declined the option. And nobody else is giving him a $3mil deal on the open market. So if we really wanted him back we might be able to offer something competitive to what others will be. But I doubt we will. He is still a man without a portfolio. You aren't going to rely on him as your primary backup PG or backup SG, and the thought of an injury forcing him to start against Russel Westbrook is just frightening for any team trying to win. And of course he's a vestige of all the previous administration's mistakes. I don't even know he'll be here by Thursday, let alone us choosing to resign him over all the other available free agent reserve guards on the market this summer.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
5 million dollars? Do you have any concept of how money works?

Highlight of Jimmer Freddete's night. Pretty cool.
Would love to see more of this swagger from Jimmer. Please don't be traded.
this is the way i've been wanting jimmer to play off the bench. he needs to be the spark off the bench we lost when IT became the starter. especially when hes in there without cousins, IT and rudy. of course he has the vision to get a few assists and can set up some dunks, but i think he needs to be aggressive and be that scoring pg off the bench.

I really hope we hang on to Jimmer. It's been fun watching him get his confidence and swagger back. Jimmer has been missing confidence for a long time.

That being said, I like how he plays the game. Intangibles. When Jimmer plays well, it seems like he makes other players around him better. It's an important quality.

And that's more than I can say for our other point guard.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
I would like to see him play with IT and Gay more at the same time like the end of the Knicks game. Really spreads the floor
That's entirely matchup specific. As I mentioned the Knicks might have the second most punchless SG rotation in the league, after our own of course. So you can do that, although even there we played a little offense/defense. The next team we play has Klay Thompson, Harrison Barnes, and Andre Igoudala. In other words you can't play Jimmer at Sg without getting destroyed.

He's wasted out there between IT and Gay anyway, like anyone else you put there. It shines a bright light on all his deficiencies, and takes away all his strengths except spot three point shooting. And frankly that's not even really Jimmer's game. When he's on, its like IT. He's ball dominant, and shooting off his dribble if he can. waiting around like the rest of our SGs to get his 2 shots a quarter isn't to his advantage.

Much much of this depends on what we do in the next 5-6 days. Jimmer might not even suit up Wednesday night. Or, maybe we move IT in which case there are more possibilities. But playing the two guys together with any regularity is just hopeless lottery ball.

Entity

Hall of Famer
Yeah jimmer scored his points against the Knicks while IT was on the bench. nothing to speak of playing with IT. I hoped that squashed the notion that they play together. I guess it didn't

Yeah jimmer scored his points against the Knicks while IT was on the bench. nothing to speak of playing with IT. I hoped that squashed the notion that they play together. I guess it didn't
I noticed this too. I understand why Malone left him in while IT went back in since he was doing so well and more than our sg, but I did notice his productivity dropped off when he was in with IT. He was mostly standing at the corner unless there was a designed play for him. Even tho he might be a little more productive than MT or ben at this time at sg, I think he has done most of his damage (good and bad unfortunately) with the ball in his hand,but if we have another ball handler in that can bring it up the court (ie rudy) and drop it off to him at half court it will take some pressure off of him. Then he can run the offense or attack. I just think with IT, cousins, and rudy we have enough fire power and jimmer is more useful off the bench scoring points preferably against back up pgs.

IT found him for two of his threes in the fourth. I think McLemore got him for the third one. During the second quarter, IT found him a couple of times, but Jimmer had cooled off a little bit by then. I didn't feel like IT was ignoring him out there much during that game, just that Jimmer missed some shots.

Status
Not open for further replies.