Jarron Collins?

The Kings don't have a backup center and this guy is auditioning for the Blazers and Cavaliers. The Cavs already have Big Z behind Shaq while the Blazers have Pryzbilla and Oden. He'd be a 3rd stringer in either situation but would move to backup here. Plus, he could be had for the minimum.

Any interest in him or any backup for Hawes?

bajaden

Hall of Famer
I've followed the Collins twins as they jouneyed from Stanford to the present day. Coming out of college I thought they had a decent chance to be fair to good NBA players. At this point I think they both have underacheived. Either one would provide a big body off the bench, but not much else. There is little to no upside left for either one.

Personally, I rather take a flyer on an unsigned rookie with some upside than waste my money on Collins.

Paul Davis, the ex-Clipper is available. Thought he'd be a better pro - but he is still young so he may have another shot to prove himself. Miami is "auditioning" him.

I agree with bajaden - there's better upside with a training camp scrub than the Collins twins.

There's no way that Sean May can be expected to reliably back up Hawes/Thompson for the entire season - that's too many minutes expected out of all + there's always the looming injury factor. For this reason, this team definitely is not going to be opening with only 3 guys in the frontcourt. I forsee a Darryl Watkins/Bobby Brown-level signing - some frontcourt big who didn't get drafted and either has potential or played in Europe for a bit.

Then again, the FO might have the crazy notion that May can defend the 5 while Noc/Greene play the 4 - which will DEFINITELY help improve the effectiveness of the King's infamous Matador defense. TORO!

In Eurobasket 2009 that take place right now in Poland .I would remark Timofej Mozgov from Russia. His height is 7'1 , good shotblocker and rebounding skills. And he is only 23 . He really can be decent back up for Spens. At least he worth invitation to last camp.

Paul Davis, the ex-Clipper is available. Thought he'd be a better pro - but he is still young so he may have another shot to prove himself. Miami is "auditioning" him.
Hey I remember one game against us he just dominated. and i went "the sacramento kings, where Paul Davis happens". Ah I miss those days, when a guy you've never heard of plays better than your big men that you're paying 7 mil a year to. Oh wait, we're still in those days...

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Then again, the FO might have the crazy notion that May can defend the 5 while Noc/Greene play the 4 - which will DEFINITELY help improve the effectiveness of the King's infamous Matador defense. TORO!
Not to mention increasing the effectiveness of our pursuit of John Wall. ;)

Both Collins brothers are trash and if the Kings are really interested in bringing one of them in to backup a big and actually get PT then they already threw in the towel for the season.

INDEED! He must be ours!

Im much more partial to Saer Sene than Jaron Collins. I cant believe Sene cant find a home.
I agree with you on this one. I'd much rather see Sene on the court than Collins. They are both scrubs, but Sene give us something we haven't had in a long time. Plus Sene would be a little bit cheaper even if Collins looks for the minimum.

I think we just need another 7' to play defense/rebound if needed(foul problems/size issues)

Sean May isn't going to be able to guard guys like Yao and Shaq and Dwight...

Jarron Collins brings nothing but a big body who can play some D..basically what we need...

Id rather go with Melvin Ely or Brian Skinner...but I would be OK with signing Collins..

I think we just need another 7' to play defense/rebound if needed(foul problems/size issues)

Sean May isn't going to be able to guard guys like Yao and Shaq and Dwight...

Jarron Collins brings nothing but a big body who can play some D..basically what we need...

Id rather go with Melvin Ely or Brian Skinner...but I would be OK with signing Collins..

Don't think Yao is going to be a problem.