"Its Mine To Grab"

I think this is putting the cart WAY before the horse.

He should be focusing SOLELY on winning games, not individual accolades and honors.

If the team is winning, it is likely because Cousins is putting up LESS numbers, acting as a big distraction to let his teammates get the scoring and accolades.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME

He should be focusing SOLELY on winning games, not individual accolades and honors.

If the team is winning, it is likely because Cousins is putting up LESS numbers, acting as a big distraction to let his teammates get the scoring and accolades.
Are you serious? Seriously?

I'm sorry but this is just beyond all credulity. EVERY freaking athlete on the planet has goals. The best have the highest goals.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
That's not too far fetched....however the team needs to win at least 50 games for him to have a chance, whether that can happen we shall see.

easily can happen. honestly.

for it to happen:

a) We need to buy in during training camp and commit ourselves to defence
b) Start the season strong
c) leverage our bench strength and develop a solid rotation which soldifys individual roles
d) stay relatively injury free
e) Karl, Cousins to push each other to greatness

Notes:

i) our PG play has the potential to be a major competitive advantage to add to the already dominant advantage we have inside with demarcus
ii) our bench is stacked - again key advantage
iii) vet leadership - Vlade, Caron, Kosta, Marco - all winners all will play vital roles in keeping this team grounded when success hits - we need to develop good habbits and keep working, trust each other and trust the system.
iv) the fans - we need to believe and do our bit which really isnt ever in doubt

for it to happen:

c) leverage our bench strength and develop a solid rotation which soldifys individual roles

Notes:

i) our PG play has the potential to be a major competitive advantage to add to the already dominant advantage we have inside with demarcus
iii) vet leadership - Vlade, Caron, Kosta, Marco - all winners all will play vital roles in keeping this team grounded when success hits - we need to develop good habbits and keep working, trust each other and trust the system.
iv) the fans - we need to believe and do our bit which really isnt ever in doubt
All things are going against Cousins for MVP...It seems very very very unlikely. I'll add a bit to your list....

1. Kings have to finish with at least 48 wins and make the playoffs.
2. Rondo needs to play at least 1/2 of his prime in Boston..this includes D.
3. McLemore needs to elevate his game to the next level..or at least start being consistent.
4. Rudy has to continue his good play from last season under Karl.
5. Whoever at SF/PF needs to be at least decent.
6. We need the entire bench to play at least average.
7. We need to be able to MAKE at least 7 3's a game.
8. WCS needs to be at least a decent rookie
9. Team needs to play with chemistry, this includes ball movement.

I've already reached 9 things and I haven't even talked about Cousins yet.

1. Improve his leadership skills
2. Show abilities to carry his team and be a #1 guy on a team
3. Needs to show a good relationship with Karl for the media.
4. Needs to keep his cool and get less than 10 techs this year
5. No arguing with refs, coaches, players, and his own teammates
6. Cut his turnovers by at least a quarter..
7. Increase his efficiency...he has to get at least to .49% FG.
8. Needs to finish better around the rim as a PnR guy.
9. Continues improving on defense
10. Average at least 20-10-5-2.or 25-10-4-2 or 25-13-3-2 or anything along those lines...

A lot of things need to fall in place in order for Cuz to win MVP. I think next season will be his year if this season goes smoothly.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer

for it to happen:

Notes:

easily? there is nothing easy about winning a MVP unless you are LeBron

Ok coach. Thanks. I'll get right on that. I'll not focus in grabbing the basketball, but instead I'll make the other team THINK I'm grabbing the basketball, to distract them from grabbing the basketball, so that other guys on our team can grab the basketball.

And ok I'll also try not to put up so many assists, because I totally understand how making the other team THINK I'm going to get an assist so that other guys on my team can get them, so we can win, of course.

And you're right I should score less also. I checked and you're right, Coach, there are rarely any title winning teams that have any one player scoring over 24 points a game. Plus, Rudy is better as a number one option anyway. Getting assisted by McLemore. It'll be so much easier because the other team will THINK that I'm going to score, or make an assist. Coach I love your plan! We got 'em!!! Family on three one two three FAMILY.

-Said no winner ever.

I'm curious how many times an NBA MVP has come from a non-playoff team? For the record I think the Kings will make the playoffs....

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
I'm curious how many times an NBA MVP has come from a non-playoff team? For the record I think the Kings will make the playoffs....
Well since the media started voting on MVP in 1980 (players did the voting before then) the answer is none. Its been a hard line drawn in the sand by the media at about 54 wins/elite team status. Even when Kobe went absolutely nuts back in '06 I think it was, still, sorry, not a winning team = no MVP. Now because we are coming from SO far off the pace, if we were to actually somehow put together let's say a 50-52 win season, if everything broke just right (none of the leaders of the elite teams going truly nuts themselves) then I could almost see a narrative boost making it possible to win MVP as a combo very good team/surprise team/leading them out of the cellar sort of thing. SO MAYBE he could have a shot in the low 50s. But no less. He can at least start getting 2nd/3rd/4th votes though I think from about 45.

Unfortunately for Cuz, who is one of about 8 clearly superior superstars right now, MVP has basically been made a team award. Its not enough he be great. His team needs to be great too. So that is the challenge. For us not to just be good. For us to be holy crap fun we just doubled our win total and are +25 games better good.