It could be worse - from a Jazz fan (split)

It could be much worse.......you guys could be Jazz fans this off season:(
sidenote: you're upset about the Jazz' offseason? why? did you think they would resign Milsapp? you're rebuilding with a lot of your core already in place and just acquired a couple of first round picks basically for free, since you didn't hurt your future cap flexibility at all. as a Jazz fan, I'd be stoked over this offseason.

sidenote: you're upset about the Jazz' offseason? why? did you think they would resign Milsapp? you're rebuilding with a lot of your core already in place and just acquired a couple of first round picks basically for free, since you didn't hurt your future cap flexibility at all. as a Jazz fan, I'd be stoked over this offseason.
It can still turn out ok for the Jazz, in fact it might be great but we will have wait until we see what draft pick we get and what that player turns into.

We lost Milsap and Jefferson and ended up with 2 first round draft picks of a team that was a second round playoff team last year and added Iggy......so like a 25th pick is what we got with the money that we were paying Al Jefferson and Paul Milsap.

It can still turn out ok for the Jazz, in fact it might be great but we will have wait until we see what draft pick we get and what that player turns into.

We lost Milsap and Jefferson and ended up with 2 first round draft picks of a team that was a second round playoff team last year and added Iggy......so like a 25th pick is what we got with the money that we were paying Al Jefferson and Paul Milsap.
my thinking with these things is always: what are you going for? I, personally, believe that Jefferson is too much of a defensive liability to build an actual contender around him, which is why I don't mind letting him go and creating room for Favors and Kanter is that bad an idea. letting go off Milsap hurts more, but if the idea is to just let your young guys go at it, all the while losing a few more games and gaining a better draft spot with the class coming up, then I'd still be on board. it's definitely a plan, a plan that decidedly beats fighting for the 8th seed, in my opinion. I know you like Big Al a lot and might disagree with my assessment of him, in which case I can understand your being upset, but I've liked your teams young talent much more than your veterans for a while now and can't wait to see them get big minutes.

also, don't be too quick to dismiss the Warriors' picks. their entire team hinges on the health of Curry and Bogut, even more now that they won't have Landry and Jack to fall back on anymore. I see definite potential for them imploding this season, nevermind how all this will look once 2017 hits. I've seen someone on twitter likening it to finding a Twix in your freezer that you had completely forgotten about. at that point, Iggy will most likely be falling apart, Bogut might be gone, Curry will have had more seasons of stress on his ankles and so on. they could be firmly on the downward trajectory then and that pick might come in very handy. lastly, your team just acquired a whole lot of expiring contracts and a couple of firstrounders, which is usually the package you would need to acquire a star type player, something you might end up looking at very closely once the trade deadline comes around.

my thinking with these things is always: what are you going for? I, personally, believe that Jefferson is too much of a defensive liability to build an actual contender around him, which is why I don't mind letting him go and creating room for Favors and Kanter is that bad an idea. letting go off Milsap hurts more, but if the idea is to just let your young guys go at it, all the while losing a few more games and gaining a better draft spot with the class coming up, then I'd still be on board. it's definitely a plan, a plan that decidedly beats fighting for the 8th seed, in my opinion. I know you like Big Al a lot and might disagree with my assessment of him, in which case I can understand your being upset, but I've liked your teams young talent much more than your veterans for a while now and can't wait to see them get big minutes.

also, don't be too quick to dismiss the Warriors' picks. their entire team hinges on the health of Curry and Bogut, even more now that they won't have Landry and Jack to fall back on anymore. I see definite potential for them imploding this season, nevermind how all this will look once 2017 hits. I've seen someone on twitter likening it to finding a Twix in your freezer that you had completely forgotten about. at that point, Iggy will most likely be falling apart, Bogut might be gone, Curry will have had more seasons of stress on his ankles and so on. they could be firmly on the downward trajectory then and that pick might come in very handy. lastly, your team just acquired a whole lot of expiring contracts and a couple of firstrounders, which is usually the package you would need to acquire a star type player, something you might end up looking at very closely once the trade deadline comes around.
I didn't want to re-sign Jefferson. I just think that we could have done better with the money than a probable 25th pick in next years draft and a pick 4 years from now. It could still be a good deal but I don't like the gamble. I think with the young nucleus that the Jazz have they will still be in contention for the 8th seed but maybe not.