IST Quarterfinals: New Orleans Pelicans at Sacramento Kings, 12/4/2023, 7pm Pacific 10pm Eastern (TNT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s all about consistency with the 9ers. No one can beat yesterdays team. Not the chiefs. Not the ravens. Not the dolphins. The rest of the league better hope they don’t figure out how to play like that the rest of this season.
Man that’s every team. Hell didn’t the jets beat the eagles also ? That 49ers vs Baltimore game will be interesting also, but like I said. I feel like all of this is pre determined lol. You know they want the chiefs in it to get those camera shots and ratings from that singer and Mahomes steps up in the playoffs. So we shall see. I just don’t wanna see the Cowboys or Falcons near the SB.

Really really hate this. So why'd we bring him back, if that spot in the offense is just a ghost slot anyway? The whole thesis behind Barnes was he was an elite offensive role player that got to the line at an elite level with great wing spacing. And he's never been a good defender in a Kings uni, but he's always been passable.

That defense is long gone though and I think part of the reason he's disappeared on O is he doesn't have the same juice to attack the basket and get to the FT line. So he's basically a small-ball 4 spacer that can't move his feet on defense. Oof.

You’re not missing anything lol. He has 1 possession each game where he puts the ball on the floor and makes a basket, and everyone gets ready to proclaim him as the next Paul George…. while simultaneously ignoring the other 4 possessions in the game where he gets stopped after 2 dribbles and is forced to kick the ball back to Domas.

Keegan is shaping himself up to be more of a 3&D role player in this league. It’s not like he doesn’t get scoring opportunities to show more to his game
Thank you. This is exactly what im saying. Im not saying it’s a terrible thing, just that we may have to tone expectations down a bit that he will be that guy, and it’s ok. But I don’t see what these other people are seeing about him adding things to his game. Not consistently at least

You’re not missing anything lol. He has 1 possession each game where he puts the ball on the floor and makes a basket, and everyone gets ready to proclaim him as the next Paul George…. while simultaneously ignoring the other 4 possessions in the game where he gets stopped after 2 dribbles and is forced to kick the ball back to Domas.

Keegan is shaping himself up to be more of a 3&D role player in this league. It’s not like he doesn’t get scoring opportunities to show more to his game
he’s not getting stopped in my eyes. He is choosing to pass out. He is so conditioned to take the absolute best and easiest shot. He is the ultimate team player. The problem is we need him to take those shots because he has the size and shooting touch to make that a huge advantage. The question is whether or not he can get over that mental hurdle. If he doesn’t he is more than likely a 15 and 6 guy who plays very good defense. That’s a super valuable player in this league but he can be more than that. Time will tell

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Arguing? I mean you don’t have to respond back, I thought we were talking in a forum about the kings? And I’m in the west, it’s not that late here. Good night sir
You said he looks the same. I said, no he doesn't, and you doubled down with, yes, he does. That doesn't sound like a 'discussion', to me; that's an argument, in my personal record book.

Frankly, the only reason I'm still online is because I'm waiting for @Capt. Factorial or @Warhawk to come back from their coffee break, or wherever they wandered off to.

Really really hate this. So why'd we bring him back, if that spot in the offense is just a ghost slot anyway? The whole thesis behind Barnes was he was an elite offensive role player that got to the line at an elite level with great wing spacing. And he's never been a good defender in a Kings uni, but he's always been passable.

That defense is long gone though and I think part of the reason he's disappeared on O is he doesn't have the same juice to attack the basket and get to the FT line. So he's basically a small-ball 4 spacer that can't move his feet on defense. Oof.
Wow I can’t believe he said that. So we pay the guy that much money for what? To get scraps? Anyone can do that and for much cheaper

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
What I've learned over the last 20 years is that part of being a Kings fan and maintaining your sanity is finding a way to enjoy both wins and losses. That was a fun basketball game. It got a little chippy but no one was out of control. Guys on both sides hit some big shots to give their team a chance. And unlike the playoffs, losing this game doesn't mean our season is over so there is a lot more basketball left to watch. All in all not a bad night I'd say. I'll cheer for Tyrese to take his team to the In-Season tournament Finals and look forward to our next game. Good night!

That's my grip against Brown. He gives inconsistent touches and minutes to every single player not named Fox/Domas/Keegan, but expects them all to be at their best when called upon.

This is not how it works... it's never worked.

You said he looks the same. I said, no he doesn't, and you doubled down with, yes, he does. That doesn't sound like a 'discussion', to me; that's an argument, in my personal record book.

Frankly, the only reason I'm still online is because I'm waiting for @Capt. Factorial or @Warhawk to come back from their coffee break, or wherever they wandered off to.
See now we are arguing. Tell you what, keep your opinion I’ll keep mine. Agree to disagree

Fox going right up the gut and gently handing it to Sabonis instead of attacking the basket pretty much seals it. Not our night.
Yeah. One of those nights and we’re not gonna win every single game so I’m already prepared to move on to the next. Hopefully fans ignore the dumb hot takes we’ll see on social media lol

That's my grip against Brown. He gives inconsistent touches and minutes to every single player not named Fox/Domas/Keegan, but expects them all to be at their best when called upon.

This is not how it works... it's never worked.
I actually don't think that's true at all.

The Kings are by far the most unselfish team in the NBA, mainly because of how Domas orchestrates the offense. We pass the ball more than everybody and if a guy has it going, Fox and Domas have no problem stepping out of the way and letting them eat while they got the stroke going.

Role players by nature never get a consistent workload. That's true on every single team in the NBA. But we're just far better at spreading the wealth to them than everyone else is. That's probably a bigger problem where Fox/Domas just need to tell guys to get out of their way and go to work.

there are a few positives to take from this game:

Keon could be that Alvarado type player for us especially with more time. He is a true difference maker on defense.

Sabonis played well against one of the players he sometimes struggles against.

We held Zion in check. You could argue he wasn’t as needed in this one with Inspector Gadget going off but he didn’t dominate.

Warhawk

Give blood and save a life!
Staff member

Sorry, I went to the game tonight (tickets were an early Christmas gift, and I just got them late last night). Just got home from the game.

And while I normally don't like complaining about the refs - that was one of the worst games by the refs I've seen in a long time. So frustrating.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Another way to look at that is that the Kings are 1-7 versus the Rockets, Warriors and Pelicans, and 10-1 versus everyone else.
I’m sure it happens all the time but the Kings having played half of their games against three teams while only playing one game against the entire eastern conference seems a bit unusual. Hell, they haven’t even played the Suns or Grizzlies yet.

there are a few positives to take from this game:

Keon could be that Alvarado type player for us especially with more time. He is a true difference maker on defense.

Sabonis played well against one of the players he sometimes struggles against.

We held Zion in check. You could argue he wasn’t as needed in this one with Inspector Gadget going off but he didn’t dominate.
Funny, haven't seen the "Domas gets demolished by big strong players" take in this thread for some reason.

Sorry, I went to the game tonight (tickets were an early Christmas gift, and I just got them late last night). Just got home from the game.

And while I normally don't like complaining about the refs - that was one of the worst games by the refs I've seen in a long time. So frustrating.
Since the loss wasn't close, I don't want to blame the refs either, but end of the first and second, the calls seemed one- sided and off. Killed the Kings and especially Fox's momentum.

Warhawk

Give blood and save a life!
Staff member
Since the loss wasn't close, I don't want to blame the refs either, but end of the first and second, the calls seemed one- sided and off. Killed the Kings and especially Fox's momentum.
There were several calls that were obvious fouls on the Pelicans that the refs just swallowed their whistles. I mean, I'm up in the upper deck and I see the elbows to the head, etc., so why can't the refs 20 feet away call them?!?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.