Is Jerome James that good? or are we that bad in interior D

James is out to prove a point. I find it hard to believe all the sudden he is a stud. Just one of those fluke things. Next year he will go back to his 4 ppg avg.

I gotta think it would probably be better for Jerome James's free agency if the Sonics lose this series with James looking like Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (something the Kings do for just about every opposing average no-name big man in the league) instead of advancing against the Spurs or Nuggets and going back to plain, old 4 pts a game Jerome James.

James has always had some talent and moves, he's just been inconsistent his whole career. Plus, he normally gets into foul trouble, but the refs have been very forgiving to him thus far. I'm not surprised he can score on smaller guys and can pass out of the double team.

A

AriesMar27

well... he fouled out of this game.... and we all know that against a team like the spur or nuggets he would be back to 4 pts a game.... win or lose everyone knows his value....

The Kings are not attacking him like other teams do. It is also the playoffs and for a physical player like JJ he can flourish. All you really have to do though is attack him and get him in foul trouble. If the Kings did that he would play 20 min. a game tops.

Im tired of how the media puts the kings franchise at fault for James. They make it out that the Kings were the bad ones that basically kicked him to the curb. Well at that time James was 330 lbs. and had knee problems. Of course it was a business move for them to let him go. Stupid media.

PixelPusher said:
I gotta think it would probably be better for Jerome James's free agency if the Sonics lose this series with James looking like Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (something the Kings do for just about every opposing average no-name big man in the league) instead of advancing against the Spurs or Nuggets and going back to plain, old 4 pts a game Jerome James.
EXACTLY!

Contract time! (along with 8 other Sonics too, I might add). Ray Allen is also playing for his next contract, but at least he's played hard all season.

Why would he revert back to mediocrity? He looks legitimate.

You guys should give him credit for showing some moves and aggressiveness. He is playing well when it really counts.

Last edited:
JJ is a mediocre player at best and its insulting that ESPN.com has an article about his awaking. I don't care if he puts up 50 against us he is what he is. Mediocre

I was always taught.... that whenever the ball gets to the center, EVERYONE needs to swarm him. Thats one thing i havent seen. He usually scores his points off of one on one moves.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Is Jerome James that good? or are we that bad in interior D

I would think the answer to that one is pretty obvious. Although after we get done giving the Pryzbilla mouth-to-mouth rescusiation of his career bit, it wouldn't shock me if he could take his size and newfound confidence and turn into a 10pt 5-6rebound part time starter type guy.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
N.U.F.A.N. said:
I was always taught.... that whenever the ball gets to the center, EVERYONE needs to swarm him. Thats one thing i havent seen. He usually scores his points off of one on one moves.
well the Sonics main strength is their three point shooting, so it makes bringing help dangerous against them. Also what makes them a potentially dangerous team with their newfound post player -- if you took a true stud post player and put him in the middle of all of those three point shooters, they'd a be a real tough team to guard.

Last edited:
If we defended Shaq as softly as we're defending James, he'd put up 50ppg in this series. Jerome is not that good. Just like Pryzbilla, Massenberg, Kaman, Haywood and every other marginal big man we've been torched by this season.

"if you took a true stud post player and put him in the middle of all of those three point shooters, they'd a be a real tough team to guard."

word, Exactly what the kings would die for

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
JJ is NOT a scrub. He has developed a good game since being cut by the Kings, but he is also no All Star. Prety limited game... big bruiser who can board and play close to the net. Bu if you let himstay terhe or wose yet throw a 6'8" forward at him he is of course going to look like the second comming of Joe Prizbilla.

Jerome deserves some props .... he's taking what our offense and defense is allowing him to do.

Give the guy some credit ... he's had his up-n-downs. He's playing hard for himself and Seattle, and he's doing what he's been working his whole life for.

McMillan has done his work and has some ideas on how to attack our King's.

It's been working .... up to our King's to do something about it.

again, james production comes mostly from put back rebounds. BOX HIM OUT, that'll take away at least 8 points from his 19 point scoring average. other than that he's not good enough to beat the kings by himself. i say we stay home and take daniels/allen/luke from out of their offense. that's what killed us in games 1 & 2; and not being active on offense.

BigWaxer said:
James is out to prove a point. I find it hard to believe all the sudden he is a stud. Just one of those fluke things. Next year he will go back to his 4 ppg avg.
Well, he is playing against the Kings. How many players have career games/series against us? It's ridiculous.

I only caught a bit of his game last night and hadn't seen him in the first two of the series but he showed some surprising good and quick footwork in the low post.

quick dog said:
Why would he revert back to mediocrity? He looks legitimate.

You guys should give him credit for showing some moves and aggressiveness. He is playing well when it really counts.
I agree with you. If he can have this "fluke" of good play during the playoffs then he is very capable of performing during meaningless games in the regular season. He is in a contract year. He sure didnt perform up to this magnitude during the regular season but he is in a way telling the organization that he wants to come back. I think he has the height and physical strength to compete every game and put up these kind of numbers. I think if he stays aggressive and plays like he is playing he will be hard to stop by any team.