I'm doomed

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I have become addicted to the Jerry Springer show. :eek:

Is there a 12-step program I can get into - quickly????

I am totally enthralled by the whole thing and what's not to like?

Classy guests with a fine idea of haute couture; even classier audience members with a handy reportoire of catchy sayings; a host who was once the Mayor of Cleveland.

This is reality-ambush TV at its best!

:D

Don't even talk to me from doomed.

It's 12:20 AM, I'm actively falling asleep, and not only am I still reading this board, but I'm responding!

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
This is too good!

There is a rule on the show that you have to take off your shoes before your arch-nemesis comes out on the stage.

Hey, TV just don't get much better than this, y'all!!!

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
Bricklayer said:
You are not only doomed, you are contributing to the decline and fall of Western civilization. :p
Amen to that!

It comes on during our lunch our. Whoever gets to the lunch room first turns on the TV and chooses the channel. It used to be that, if Jerry's show was selected, I could eat quickly and move to the smoking room with my newspaper. Now, I have nowhere to go to get away from that garbage. :(

VF21 said:
I have become addicted to the Jerry Springer show. :eek:

Is there a 12-step program I can get into - quickly????

I am totally enthralled by the whole thing and what's not to like?

Classy guests with a fine idea of haute couture; even classier audience members with a handy reportoire of catchy sayings; a host who was once the Mayor of Cleveland.

This is reality-ambush TV at its best!

:D

He was the Mayor of Cincinatti.

I never could stand that garbage. I feel like I need to shower even after channel surfing through it. Also......Im afraid I might see some people I grew up with on there. I can think of several;)

VF21 said:
Where do they find these people?

This might help you with your addiction. A couple of years ago I met a girl who had previously lived in Chicago. She was a struggling young actress and one of her acting jobs was a stint on Jerry Springer. The show paid her and her stepfather a couple grand each to act out a phony family dispute on the show.

This is not a joke. A girl I went to high school with back home went on the Jerry Springer show when I was in college. I remember sitting in my dorm room after lunch and seeing her walk on the stage. Talk about shock! :eek: But at that time, the topic was a mundane "my mom slep with my boyfriend", not the more exciting "my lover is a cross-dressing stripper who slept with my best friend while my dad took pictures" type of thing you find on there now.

bballagrl24 said:
you are so right...its like drama city there.
I call it White Trash Drama. I earned a PhD in White Trash Drama from my first wife. I even wrote a song about it. The first verse:

He drives a car that's red, and blue, and black, with bent chrome rims and a speaker in the back.
Long blonde hair, Marlborough smokes, a levi jacket, in grease it is soaked.
He's bad, and he's cool, he's everybody's fool. Everybody calls him White Trash.

This was done is a quasi "rap style" before rap was cool. The band used to chime in vocally with "white trash" at the end of each verse.

A few heavy metal leads, you know the pattern.

Pass me the doobie fool.

Gargamel said:
VF, you'll soon find yourself watching Jackass like me. Hopefully sooner than later so we can chat about Steve-O's latest stunt.
LMAO jackass is the funniest show on TV.

we finally got my aunt to watch it and she called me from AZ just to tell me that she watched jackass ( when sober) and that she LOVED it.

jackass is much better then jerry springer. those guys are CRAZY!

Someone throw a Shakespeare Anthology into the Forest!

(You could read about similarly strange cross dressing fools who can't decide who to love,
and vindictive people who plot to avenge themselves in strange manners! )

Evenstar said:
LMAO jackass is the funniest show on TV.

we finally got my aunt to watch it and she called me from AZ just to tell me that she watched jackass ( when sober) and that she LOVED it.

jackass is much better then jerry springer. those guys are CRAZY!
It's good of them to constantly throw things at each others' testicles. Social Darwinism at work, it strenghtens the gene pool. The funniest thing for me is how there's no loyalty among them. When Steve-O fell to the ground in pain after getting cracked with a bullwhip on his bare back, Knoxville and Pontius laughed hysterically.

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
My take on Jack is you have one slick promoter/actor/stuntman (Knoxville) Shamelessly making bucks off of some morons who will do anything on a dare. Ever notice Knoxville rarely does any of the truely stupid stunts like getting a tatto while four wheling, and almost always does the clever fun stuff, such as rental car destruction derby?

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
nebs said:
Springer is still on? Are they still making new shows? I swear I thought Springer was over like 5 years ago.
They're all new to me. It's not like they become out-of-date or anything.

;)

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
RoyalDiva said:
This might help you with your addiction. A couple of years ago I met a girl who had previously lived in Chicago. She was a struggling young actress and one of her acting jobs was a stint on Jerry Springer. The show paid her and her stepfather a couple grand each to act out a phony family dispute on the show.
No. It doesn't help the addiction at all. Now I get to figure out which ones are actors and which ones, if any, are real.

If the people I'm seeing are actors, I have a good idea why they're struggling.

I mean, really. The gene pool is apparently in drastic need of more chlorine.

;)