If you could ask DMC one question....

Lots of questions come to mind but I've discarded each one. I think it more important that Vlade knows just where Cuz is. On the question of whether Cuz goes or stays I've thrown my lot with Vlade.

I don't have a question per se (Padrino summed mine up pretty well above), but I would tell DMC to remember that the certain red-headed mouthpiece and the vocal detractors among the fan base do not speak for all, or maybe even the majority, of the fans. That there are those who fully understand what he had to soldier through and deeply appreciate that he remained loyal to the franchise. I'd tell him to ignore the blind hate and know that there are lot of us out there (as far away as Alaska, in this particular case) who see DMC for who he is - a loyal superstar that's been mistreated by a dysfunctional organization for years.

Both of my questions have (mostly) been asked, but to be precise:

1) What head coach would you want to play hard for (and thereby return the Kings to competitiveness in the NBA)?

2) Do you realize how much of an ass you make yourself look when you yell at officials during a play?
Related - don't yell at officials or complain when you get the call in your favor. That seems to me like a no-brainer. You do that to me ONCE and I'll guarantee I never call one for you again if I can help it.

Does seeing IT, who was pretty loyal to Sacramento, blossom and turn into a legit star after leaving Sacramento peak your interest in leaving?

Does it bother you that the guy who calls the games on TV has a vendetta against you?

Does seeing IT, who was pretty loyal to Sacramento, blossom and turn into a legit star after leaving Sacramento peak your interest in leaving?

Does it bother you that the guy who calls the games on TV has a vendetta against you?
I like the second, not the first. No need to plant more seeds than there already are.

I would ask him something along the lines of does he think that changing his on-court behavior in order to build better, positive relationships with league officials would be beneficial for him and the team.

I realize that is a bit unfair - if you look at games objectively (especially now, during playoffs) you will see that the amount of whining and complaining to the officials (especially by "top" players) is astounding. Almost every single play, especially fouls/non-fouls are met with looks of disbelief, complains, whining, etc... There are FAR worse than DMC in this area.

HOWEVER, DMC does have a "reputation" and officials do seem to pay much closer attention to him so building better relationships (and avoiding the stupid technicals) could be very beneficial - but he has to believe it himself and want to do better.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
You've just finished playing your 6th year in the NBA. During that time you've had 5 different head coaches, 60 different teammates, been called for 9o technical fouls, lost 312 games and had Grant Napear blame you for most of them (whether you played that day or not). You've been shunned from All-NBA teams and All Star spots both because of where you play and how you play. The team you play for nearly got moved to Anaheim then to Seattle but instead you'll be playing the first ever game in the Golden 1 Center in downtown Sacramento later this year. So considering everything that's happened in your career to date, how would you compare your love for the game now to when you first stepped on the court at Kentucky?

Real talk though... are you still in touch with Hassan Whiteside and could you put in a good word about a return to Sactown? :D

Glenn

Hall of Famer
I would ask him something along the lines of does he think that changing his on-court behavior in order to build better, positive relationships with league officials would be beneficial for him and the team.

I realize that is a bit unfair - if you look at games objectively (especially now, during playoffs) you will see that the amount of whining and complaining to the officials (especially by "top" players) is astounding. Almost every single play, especially fouls/non-fouls are met with looks of disbelief, complains, whining, etc... There are FAR worse than DMC in this area.

HOWEVER, DMC does have a "reputation" and officials do seem to pay much closer attention to him so building better relationships (and avoiding the stupid technicals) could be very beneficial - but he has to believe it himself and want to do better.
Gee, a note without an axe to grind. I think Boogie is going out of his way to patch up his relationship with refs. I have seen him quite often chatting with a ref during a lull in the game just like all the other stars do. Some of the chats seem friendly and cetainly far more professional than in the early years of his career. He's learning and deserves some credit.

Last edited: