If you can change one thing with the Kings....

Don't know if this should be in the personnel moves forum or here but here goes....

If you could change one (and only one) thing with the current Kings what would it be? and why?

examples:
coaching...we need a coach who has an idea what he is doing.

or maybe...

PG...we need a PG who actually knows that defense is a part of the game.

or maybe...

frontline....we have the tallest center at 6'7" (and the tallest PG too at 7'0")

or maybe...

trade RON...he's a timebomb waiting to explode.

or maybe...

well, you guys get the idea. I hope we can get a good discussion here and get an idea what we think will offer the most improvement for our team.

and by the way....please don't say the one thing I want to change is....."everything"

Let's go!!!:)

I'd want a good coach first, because I don't think we'll fully understand our roster's strengths and weaknesses completely until we've filled that need. We know that most of them are playing badly, but we don't know how much of that is Muss.

Changing the roster is extremely difficult and expensive in comparison, so best to do most of that afterwards.

But no new coach until the season ends. We need the lins.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
I really don't get the Artest timebomb reference...The guy's been a model so far and is yet to do anything "explosion worthy."...Or even close to it for that matter.

Anyways, the one (achievable) thing I would is trade SAR...I think there is a reason he was a good player on terrible teams...He can't rebound, can't defend, can't pass away from a double team, plays with no fire (until he gets his stupid T's)...Yet he still has value because a post player is always valuble through the league...Put him near a Ben Wallace/Tyson Chandler to mask his defense/rebounding liabilities he looks a lot better than he does now...I can't take away from his low-post skills...It just does not work on this team, and especially with these teammates.

If I could change one thing.....

I would end the season right now.

Nothing is really going to happen untill the season is over. There will be some serious changes done as plenty of new opportunities arrive via trades and expiring contracts.

Just wait till next year...... ( how many times have I said those words?)

The Arena. I would have a nice huge state of the art arena for them in the middle of Sacramento. That way I KNOW they would be staying and there would be a point to rebuild. I don't want to see them rebuild only to end up in Las Vegas or Anaheim.

Don't know if this should be in the personnel moves forum or here but here goes....

If you could change one (and only one) thing with the current Kings what would it be? and why?

examples:
coaching...we need a coach who has an idea what he is doing.

or maybe...

PG...we need a PG who actually knows that defense is a part of the game.

or maybe...

frontline....we have the tallest center at 6'7" (and the tallest PG too at 7'0")

or maybe...

trade RON...he's a timebomb waiting to explode.

or maybe...

well, you guys get the idea. I hope we can get a good discussion here and get an idea what we think will offer the most improvement for our team.

and by the way....please don't say the one thing I want to change is....."everything"

Let's go!!!:)
I want them to be the best.

I think Kenny Thomas is fine when he plays to his strengths. He's a decent rebounder. He can make a shot when unguarded and Mike sets him up for a dunk. He should never EVER handle the ball in any other circumstance and NEVER put up that brick of a hook shot and NEVER shoot from more than 4 feet from the basket. And please don't get fouled and get to the line.

As long as he does that, he's fine.

The problem comes when we need a player to do more.

Then we put in SAR and we have a player who shoots in a straight line that if it misses even slightly from a direct middle of the hoop shot, it has no chance of ever bouncing in. And we have a player that has no defensive ability at all, can't grab a rebound from anybody, and can't shoot free throws.

So IMHO, Power Forward is our biggest gap.

Oh yeah, and a new arena would be nice.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
I think Kenny Thomas is fine when he plays to his strengths. He's a decent rebounder. He can make a shot when unguarded and Mike sets him up for a dunk. He should never EVER handle the ball in any other circumstance and NEVER put up that brick of a hook shot and NEVER shoot from more than 4 feet from the basket. And please don't get fouled and get to the line.

As long as he does that, he's fine.

The problem comes when we need a player to do more.

Then we put in SAR and we have a player who shoots in a straight line that if it misses even slightly from a direct middle of the hoop shot, it has no chance of ever bouncing in. And we have a player that has no defensive ability at all, can't grab a rebound from anybody, and can't shoot free throws.

So IMHO, Power Forward is our biggest gap.

Oh yeah, and a new arena would be nice.
I think Kenny Thomas must have the lowest basketball IQ in the league.

Coaching - Muss honestly looks lost on the sideline day in and day out. Continuation of taking out players who are on hot streaks and bringing us back out of defecits, it's almost retarded. At least DC recognized the problem with our group. Hell, our Assistant Coach does a damn better job in my opinion. At least he made me smile, like there was a coach worth a damn on the sidelines. Arguing with refs, bringing at least a LITTLE bit of fire.

Big Man - I love Brad with all my heart. But either we need a really good big man who can score and get a few rebounds, or a big man who can rebound and protect the basket. Brad hasn't been any of these for awhile. The ones he was / is are still so inconsistent, I'd love to just give him 25yr old legs back :/ If we had a big man capable of either, with the squad we have no we'd be a contender in my own opinion.

We have until Thursday to get something done. Whatever the move is, it should signal the direction the team is headed in for the offseason. I think this year, we should call the WONDERFUL off season instead of the Dreaded offseason. It seems we are all looking forward to it without much dread this year!

Back on topic- I think we have to address our power forward issues. What we are doing with it is NOT working. I also think that the coaching situation needs to be reevaluated.