I Think We Can All Agree That Cuttino Mobley Is Not Needed...

The Kings played so much better without him. We actually witnessed a passing game going on with the Kings. Who would've thought that the we could see passing when Mobley wasn't playing? Oh, and hey, the Kings actually took the when Mobley went to the lockerroom! I think we can all agree that getting rid of Mobley is the perfect scenario for the Kings, not to mention Maurice Evans is a way better replacement for him.

Last edited:
I don't agree.. I like Mo but I think Cuttino will be good for this team... I think it will all depend on what his price $$$ #s are

maurice evans played his butt off tonight. he hustled and guarded ray allen the best any of them could. I hope he stays around next season.

Just a very selfish, and stupid player IMO.

Right on the IQ level of a Quentin Richardson. Jack it up with 2 people guarding you with 20 seconds on the shotclock.

P

Peja#16

Evans is a sub-par player, but by saying mobley is worse than him is not true.
Mobley took the scoring load and almost won us game 2, and helped alot with bibby being cold.

~Peja#16

I don't like Mobley because he does not play team basketball. He would NOT be good, and is NOT good right now for this team. When he gets his hands on the ball over half the time he is shooting it. No matter how many passes have been made, no matter how poor of position he has. He shoots. Get rid of him. If he was Michael Jordon, Kobe Bryant or Ray Allen I might not have as much of a problem with it. Those guys consistantly hit their shot. Mobley seldom does. Even Michael got a bad wrap for being a ball hog in his early days, and look how good he was.

HndsmCelt said:
I was neverr convinced he was brought in to re-sign in the first place.
I agree. At some point this season Petrie decided to get rid of contracts.

Cat has a little too much Stevie Franchise in him. Too much one on one and too many bad decisions.

Evans isn't subpar, he's a better player than that, he's just not a better commodity than Mobley. Mobley will put up bigger numbers than Evans most days. It's just that Evans provides more of what the Kings need.

I think Kings need to resign pedja, otherwise, webber's trade doesn't make any sense.

it's necessary to Keep bibby and miller

I agree, I don't think that he is a good fit with this team. He jacks up to many quick shots. I like Cuttino but I would rather see the Kings bring in a player who is going to move the ball around but know when to shoot. If we can get another unselfish scorer then we will be fine. Will take most of the pressure off Bibby and Peja. An by the way Peja impresses me tonight. He and Bibby showed a lot of heart. I would like the Kings to make a run at Allen but he is going to cost to much and he is already in his 30's.

funsc said:
I don't think it's necessary to keep Miller. He can be terrific on offense, but he's a huge defensive liablity. Also, he is rarely in really good shape, and he is injury prone. Add to that how he gets rattled by rough play and distracted by the refs and I don't see any great need to keep him.

BLNINJA #81 said:
I like Mobley, but he should go. He doesn't fit this team strategy.
I agree and this is not a knock on Mobley. Mobley is better than Evans but Evans is a better fit for this team. I think we still need a starting SG and I do not think Evans is there yet.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I do NOT agree. I refuse to bash ANY member of our team. We have no idea what Cat would have done tonight since he went out with an injury.

Why some people cannot praise a player like Mo Evans without having to dump on another player is beyond my ability to comprehend.

Mobley FGA/AST Ratio w/Kings: 6.38/1 (6.3 shots for every assist)
Peja FGA/AST Ratio: 7.38/1 (7.3 shots for every assist)

It's a moot point anyway since someone will give Mobley a nice contract that the Kings won't match (plus Mobley probably wants out of here anyway), but some of the criticism he's getting is entirely unwarranted. He played in a ball-hoggish system his whole career - hard to change your ways entirely in one season. I'll be sad to see him go, despite all his flaws - he had heart and guts in the 4th, something the Kings have in very short supply.

funsc said:
I think Kings need to resign pedja, otherwise, webber's trade doesn't make any sense.

I think that it will be interesting to see what they do with Peja. I felt going into this series that Peja needed to have an incredible playoff run to show the Kings he is worth whatever money he's going to be asking. While I think he has surpassed other playoff performances, he still had some noticable forth quarter disappearances. I will just watch and see....

Mobley doesn't fit the team and unless the Kings take a completely different direction in how they set up offensively then Mobley won't be with us next season as he is a liability.

Kings whole game is built on team play and on offence the players look to make that extra pass that will get us easy points. With Cat, when you give him the ball he shoots it.

If we could sign and trade Mobley, and get what we need in return it would be the best outcome for all concerned.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
RangerC said:
Mobley FGA/AST Ratio w/Kings: 6.38/1 (6.3 shots for every assist)
Peja FGA/AST Ratio: 7.38/1 (7.3 shots for every assist)

It's a moot point anyway since someone will give Mobley a nice contract that the Kings won't match (plus Mobley probably wants out of here anyway), but some of the criticism he's getting is entirely unwarranted. He played in a ball-hoggish system his whole career - hard to change your ways entirely in one season. I'll be sad to see him go, despite all his flaws - he had heart and guts in the 4th, something the Kings have in very short supply.
WORD!!!!

Some of you just can't seem to exist without bashing someone. Last year it was Webber and this year it's Cat. Who will you hate next year?

Whatever happened to rooting FOR your team and supporting your players?

Thank God the season is over...and not because of what the players did.

:(

Sparky said:
I don't think it's necessary to keep Miller. He can be terrific on offense, but he's a huge defensive liablity. Also, he is rarely in really good shape, and he is injury prone. Add to that how he gets rattled by rough play and distracted by the refs and I don't see any great need to keep him.
Who are we going to find to replace Miller? There is only a handful of players of Miller talents and size.