Huerter - Buddy 2.0?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive never seen a guy get blown by so many times in my life. Literally every man he guards just goes right past him to the rim. He had at least average defense at the start of the season and was on fire from 3 to more than make up anything else. Now hes playing defense worse than buddy and shooting worse than him as well. What is going on? He turned from red velvet to red rocket real quick.

"A Concerned Irrational Fan"

Ive never seen a guy get blown by so many times in my life. Literally every man he guards just goes right past him to the rim. He had at least average defense at the start of the season and was on fire from 3 to more than make up anything else. Now hes playing defense worse than buddy and shooting worse than him as well. What is going on? He turned from red velvet to red rocket real quick.

"A Concerned Irrational Fan"
Legit concern and it's a scary one too. I am also optimistic that it just is a temporary slump or something and he will come out of it just like Barnes did earlier in the season. Deep inside me wants to trade him, now.

Legit concern and it's a scary one too. I am also optimistic that it just is a temporary slump or something and he will come out of it just like Barnes did earlier in the season. Deep inside me wants to trade him, now.
Man I'd Love To Trade Barnes While Hes Hot. Hes not going to fool me again with this. I know hes will come crashing down to averageness, we need to strike while its hot.

Can we even trade Huerter? Im not necessarily saying we should, but can we even do it considering we just traded for him.

Not To Jump Subjects, but do we have a chance at Durant? A Part of me says this is the rare time in Kings history where a star may not be fully opposed to coming here.

Man I'd Love To Trade Barnes While Hes Hot. Hes not going to fool me again with this. I know hes will come crashing down to averageness, we need to strike while its hot.

Can we even trade Huerter? Im not necessarily saying we should, but can we even do it considering we just traded for him.

Not To Jump Subjects, but do we have a chance at Durant? A Part of me says this is the rare time in Kings history where a star may not be fully opposed to coming here.
IMHO, We stand no chance for Durant. Not prime Durant.

Wow just wow,

Common, It was vs the Rockets. The Guy has been absolute trash defensively as of late. I wouldn't call last nights game against the worst team in the NBA some type of redemption.

Man had 1 Steal and 1 Block and now hes the next Scottie Pippen. lol

Listen any kings fan still here after all these years deserves a metal, but you guys lol I've never seen so many Homers in my life.

Fact Check: Buddy Heilds Def Rating 116.9
Kevin Huerter D Rating 115.9

Like I said, Buddy 2.0 - He Can Do Better

Last edited:
I mean, I admit his closeouts have not been clean as of recently. I'm sure Brown will point it out, but Huerter isn't the only culprit.

And Huerter still is not on Buddy's level of boneheaded-ness.

Chill on that hot take lol, it's not at all apples to apples with those 2.

I mean, I admit his closeouts have not been clean as of recently. I'm sure Brown will point it out, but Huerter isn't the only culprit.

And Huerter still is not on Buddy's level of boneheaded-ness.

Chill on that hot take lol, it's not at all apples to apples with those 2.
Well Of Course they are not the same people. But you got to admit, there are a lot of similarities. Besides the boneheaded-ness of course lol.

D and O ratings aren't comparable across different teams.
Sure they are. They play same position, are asked to do close to the same thing. I know Buddy has burned his bridges around here. Hes prob my least fav player in NBA at this moment, But Kevan has a lot of the same traits. I honestly thought he would be a little better on the D end, and a little worse on the O end.

On a positive note, he does seem to take it in a little more than buddy so there is that. Is he a starter on a contender tho? IDK

Wow just wow,

Common, It was vs the Rockets. The Guy has been absolute trash defensively as of late. I wouldn't call last nights game against the worst team in the NBA some type of redemption.

Man had 1 Steal and 1 Block and now hes the next Scottie Pippen. lol

Listen any kings fan still here after all these years deserves a metal, but you guys lol I've never seen so many Homers in my life.

Fact Check: Buddy Heilds Def Rating 116.9
Kevin Huerter D Rating 115.9

Like I said, Buddy 2.0 - He Can Do Better
Huerter 3 assists/1.4 TO
Buddy 2.7 assists/1.9 TO

Taking responsibility Huerter
It's never my fault Buddy

Sure they are. They play same position, are asked to do close to the same thing. I know Buddy has burned his bridges around here. Hes prob my least fav player in NBA at this moment, But Kevan has a lot of the same traits. I honestly thought he would be a little better on the D end, and a little worse on the O end.

On a positive note, he does seem to take it in a little more than buddy so there is that. Is he a starter on a contender tho? IDK
That's not how the rating works. It's largely affected by who you're playing with. Stick Buddy or Huerter on good defensive teams and their defensive ratings will get better, despite being the same defenders they always have.

That's not how the rating works. It's largely affected by who you're playing with. Stick Buddy or Huerter on good defensive teams and their defensive ratings will get better, despite being the same defenders they always have.
I don’t trust the defensive rating. What metrics for defense are to be trusted?

I don’t trust the defensive rating. What metrics for defense are to be trusted?
Defensive stats are still very basic and bad for the most part. I think mostly because good defense is largely predicated on the unit you're playing with and what sort of rim protection you have backing you up. A guy playing 30+ minutes with Rudy Gobert is going to have a better defensive rating and stats than a guy playing 30+ minutes with Marvin Bagley.

I use a combo of Raptor, LEBRON, DRPM, DBPM, defensive On/Off Net Rtg to at least get a snap shot. Still, I think you probably need a good bit of eye test to confirm a lot of it. In contrast, you can basically tell who's good on offense strictly from numbers without ever seeing them play.

Status
Not open for further replies.