How actually tall (or short) draft class?

Commish David Silver listed 6'3" Marvin Bagley looks reported 6'11" or very close standing next to 7'1" DeAndre Ayton. Trea Young looks shorter than ever nba.jpg barely touches 6'0"

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Bamba actually did measure out at the combine and was 6'11.25" barefoot. Since they're at the same depth and the tip of both of their hairlines is at the level of the gold line behind them, Marvin looks to be about equal to Bamba in height in this picture. Problem is you don't know how big people's shoes are here. But bottom line, I'm not worried about Bagley's height in the frontcourt. He is a bit skinny to man the C.

Trae looks small, but Sexton is clearly smaller. Yet they measured out the same at the combine.

Ah, in the end these guys are going to rise and fall on the basis of their games and not a half an inch this way or that in the program...

funkykingston

Super Moderator
Staff member
Wendell Carter Jr measured out at just under 6'9" barefoot at the combine and Bagley appears to be clearly taller here (which is consistent with seeing them on the floor together at Duke) so Bagley is probably 6'10" or so barefoot and thus 6'11" in NBA terms.

I am curious what his wingspan is. The last semi-official measurement I've seen was from a couple years ago.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Bamba actually did measure out at the combine and was 6'11.25" barefoot. Since they're at the same depth and the tip of both of their hairlines is at the level of the gold line behind them, Marvin looks to be about equal to Bamba in height in this picture. Problem is you don't know how big people's shoes are here. But bottom line, I'm not worried about Bagley's height in the frontcourt. He is a bit skinny to man the C.

Trae looks small, but Sexton is clearly smaller. Yet they measured out the same at the combine.

Ah, in the end these guys are going to rise and fall on the basis of their games and not a half an inch this way or that in the program...
1529813747281.png