"Here We Buy" game pulled from NBATV

no thread for this yet? ya so the Feb 9th game vs Utah, which was dubbed the "Here We Buy" night and our chance to show a national audience how much the fans care, has been pulled from the NBATV lineup. the other game that night is still being shown, but not ours.

L

LWP777

I wouldn't read too much into it. I can't really blame NBATV. I mean, who the hell outside of us would want to watch a lifeless and dysfunctional Kings team play the Jazz?

Dang, Maloofed by the NBA.
As much as I *LOVE* conspiracy theories, I don't think this had anything to do with "Here We Buy" night. Most likely:

- The NBA doesn't want to draw attention to the Sacramento situation. Having their analysts talk during the game and at halftime about how great Sacramento is and how this shouldn't be happening is really not in their best interests.
- They (unlike our front office) have some quality standards. We're talking about a Kings game here...
- Utah vs Sacramento... talk about limited viewership... would probably be their lowest rated game EVER!

But it's probably a combination of all three of the above.

Krunker

Northernmost Kings Fan
As much as I *LOVE* conspiracy theories, I don't think this had anything to do with "Here We Buy" night. Most likely:

- The NBA doesn't want to draw attention to the Sacramento situation. Having their analysts talk during the game and at halftime about how great Sacramento is and how this shouldn't be happening is really not in their best interests.
- They (unlike our front office) have some quality standards. We're talking about a Kings game here...
- Utah vs Sacramento... talk about limited viewership... would probably be their lowest rated game EVER!

But it's probably a combination of all three of the above.
Well, I wasn't intending to suggest a conspiracy, just using "maloofed" in a general sense of getting screwed... although in our defense, we have had competitive games with Utah lately

rainmaker

Hall of Famer
What do you expect after we go down 50 to NY? Our problems in Sac don't trump their right to guarantee a semi-competitive game on National tv.

What do you expect after we go down 50 to NY? Our problems in Sac don't trump their right to guarantee a semi-competitive game on National tv.
i thought this was done before the New York game. but either way i dont blame them. nobody wants to watch this team play.

im actually kind of glad that we don't have to be embarrassed in front of the whole nation on NBATV. oh wait, we get to have that done tonight against the very same Utah Jazz.

This team franchise reminds me of the mess portraited by the movie major league, minus the team that actually played well.

I think with the agreement the Maloofs have signed they are no longer running the show by themselves and are bot likely to do any transactions or coach firings and hirings on their own. So I think it's going to stay the way it is. What's left is a group of 12 or 13 players who have to play another 30 games. Whether the coaches help them or not they have to play and they are not there to lose. So it makes me root all the harder for them to play good ball and win games. Tough situation fo the players whether they sare good or bad and whether I like them or not. Come on guys, give 'em he'll!!!!!!!

Last edited:
This team franchise reminds me of the mess portraited by the movie major league, minus the team that actually played well.
John Salmons as Jake Taylor
Demarcus Cousins as Ricky Vaughn
Aaron Brooks as Roger Dorn
IT as Willie Mays Hayes
Tyreke as Pedro Cerrano

Grant Napear as Harry Doyle
George Maloof as Rachel Phelps

Can't cast the coach though, the actor from the movie might be better than Keith Smart. :D