Hansen agrees to price for Cook's piece of the Kings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Warhawk

Give blood and save a life!
Staff member
Time also to see the schedule of review of the sale with the BOG review of the team purchase/move. They may postpone approval of any sale of stock until after the issue of moving the team is addressed.

Time also to see the schedule of review of the sale with the BOG review of the team purchase/move. They may postpone approval of any sale of stock until after the issue of moving the team is addressed.
This is what will probably happen. I am still miffed at why it sold before the deadline. Wasn't the deadline mid april?

Chris Daniels ‏@ChrisDaniels5 1m

BREAKING: I am told deal was in works for a while. This now means #NBASeattle group owns 72% of franchise, pending league approval.
This could backfire on them. This has to look like an end-around.

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
I doubt Hansen would have any standing to use ROFR since he would not have owned the team when the deal was struck with himself. Now can his minority ownership nullify another owners efforts to exert ROFR? maybe but someone would have to try to exercise it. I think this was a simple preemptive strike to prevent someone from peeing in his cool-aid with a ROFR play.

This has NO bearing on the chief germane issuer here which is moving the team. My guess is that the sale of Cooks shares will be approved at the same BOG meeting where the issues of sale/move is considered. It is very likely that Hansen will find himself a minority owner of the SACRAMENTO Kings. Good luck selling the shares for anything like 14 million then.

Chris Daniels ‏@ChrisDaniels5 13m

Remember what I told @IanKJR and @JasonPuckettKJR a few days ago… about poison pills and tricks up the #Seattle sleeves… oh this saga.
The NBA is finally getting done dealing with the Maloofs, I'm not sure they want an encore performance. Poison pills and tricks? Not sure how well that will go over.

Something smells fishy with this; no way does a smart and experienced businessman lay down that sort of cash without a lot of risk.

I think he has an angle he's playing here. If not, welcome to the Sacramento Kings ownership group, Chris!

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
Something smells fishy with this; no way does a smart and experienced businessman lay down that sort of cash without a lot of risk.

I think he has an angle he's playing here. If not, welcome to the Sacramento Kings ownership group, Chris!
Of course something smells fishy... have you ever been to Pikes Place Market? ;)

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
I'm not worried about this. ROFR means absolutely nothing to Hansen because he already has a deal to buy the team. ROFR was a clause that potentially had utility for us, because we could argue that the Hansen contract was invalid because the Maloofs didn't make the team available for purchase to their minority owners as stipulated in the contract. Essentially, the ROFR might have given us a chance to "cut in line" in front of Hansen. Hansen doesn't need to cut in line in front of himself. If the NBA BOG doesn't approve the current sale to Hansen, they're not going to turn around and approve his ROFR.

Status
Not open for further replies.