Green suspended for game 3

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
no love for Woj but dying that Shams ran with this - he was probably testing the waters for Silver who realized it wouldn’t be good enough, or testing the waters for Silver to only do a one game when a multi game suspension is pretty clearly warranted for exactly the reasons ultimately given - long history of being a turd.

After the game I thought a suspension was 50-50. In general I think the low-level violence between Domas and Draymond has been fun for all parties.

But I suppose the NBA recognizes that it's not sustainable to allow players to stomp on each others' chests, and needed to send a message to prevent that from becoming endemic.

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
League manages to be both dumb and chicken. The problem with a one-game suspension is it increases the likelihood of a 03 warriors with Green showing up in a game four. Nobody needs a crystal ball to figure out what happens that night when the Warriors get down by 5 or 10 points down the stretch. Either be full chicken s*** and don't suspend him or at least take him out for two games or more for the good of the league.

Last edited:
One other thing to look out for. This could give the Warriors a little more juice on offense. Kuminga is going to start now and they will try to get him going. He hasn’t done much this series but he is super athletic and plays really good defense. Might open up a team with lengthy athletic wings that has given the kings a bit of trouble.

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
The problem is who do they have to guard Sabonis? They need at least 10 of the 12 fouls for Looney and Green. They got rid of Wiseman. If they had a Naz Reid or a Poetl or a Len even to just get in and bang and throw him off with size they'd use him. This roster was built to destroy the Warriors. The only way they win is by outshooting us and NOT turning the ball over.

All things considered - I think this is actually good. Prevents a major excuse/cope train from getting to much steam, but gives us a decisive advantage in a key must win game for them. We go up three oh it looks very bleak for them. I'm ok with this.

As much as I wanted Green's season over (and frankly career - but we're getting personal here), I think this VERY tempered response works out well for us. Sends enough of a message. Let's go out and win game three - and mine more salt afterwards.

1681878068647.png

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
If we go up 3-0 in a must win game for Golden State its hard to believe he won't be playing for a lottery team next year. But we'll see I guess.