Great piece on Malone on Bleacher Report

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...justments-paying-off-big-for-sacramento-kings

"I think the relationship [Malone's] fostered with his key guys—which is vital to success in any NBA locker room, specifically with [Rudy] Gay and [DeMarcus] Cousins—has been tremendous," said Bill Herenda, who is the Kings Insider for Comcast SportsNet California. "Before the X’s and O’s, the culture change that’s in the early stages in Sacramento is based upon relationships, and I think he’s done a solid job of that early in the season."

It's something that isn't lost on the players, either. Take Darren Collison, for example...

..."He’s a little bit inexperienced as far as head coaching-wise, of course," said Collison. "But one thing I like about Malone is he’s a players’ coach. He makes you want to play hard for him. He seems to be in good spirits most of the time. When things don’t really go well, we tend to pick each other up, and he allows our voice to be heard."

As Collison mentioned, Malone is a players' coach. Don't mistake that with being a pushover...

dude12

Hall of Famer
We got a keeper at the head coaching position after all these years since Adelman left. Adelman and Malone .....both good communicators and have the players respect which lets them be tough when they need to be tough.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
In years gone by the phrase "great piece in Bleacher Report" would have been an oxymoron, but this is actually pretty good.