[Grades] GRADES vs. Pacers, 10/31/17

Tonight's MVP

• Total voters
Can these guys even run in this offense? Joerger is basically telling them to hurry up and wait with the offense he has in place.

Reminds me of the old Niners offense of Run, Run, Pass, Punt that they used for years until Harbaugh showed up and decided to play to his players strengths instead of pounding a square peg in a round hole.

I know it's early in the season but we don't have a Marc Gasol so I don't see how this offense could possibly ever work with the roster we have.
Our offense is now, scramble, pass, dribble drive, shoot, brick

A low IQ chucker is sadly exactly what Vince Carter has been since he left the Dallas Mavericks and joined Memphis he's shot sub 40% in every season while consistantly taking wild quick 3's and contested fade-away 2's. The only thing he actually does well is play good post defense something he's always done well. With the likes of Thabo still on the market and a couple of other guys who can mentor and actually play he was a fairly terrible choice.
Only under Joerger funny enough. Because his offense is garbage for shooters, I encourage you to look at Joerger's teams shooting numbers (hint: bottom of the league) and to say that's only on the players is just hard to believe. Especially when you factor in these same players increase in shooting efficiency with different coaches. Look at Memphis alone during Joerger and after. Night and day, literally.