Grades v. Wizards 02/27

Status
Not open for further replies.
G_M said:
The glass in your world is definitely half empty.;)

Not to inject facts into your dislike for Thomas's salary but he makes about 25% less than Miller. Which, when your talking about millions of dollars is significant.
All right then, I'll just expect Thomas to produce 75% of what Miller gives the Kings. Too bad he was at about 50% tonight.

Kev.in said:
We were a better team with Thomas out there and that's what matters to me.
I agree, the Kings are better off with Thomas and Williamson at SF than the former starter (the Kings do have a better record over the last 4 seasons without him in the lineup than when he plays); too bad he's likely due back on Tuesday.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
RangerC said:
All right then, I'll just expect Thomas to produce 75% of what Miller gives the Kings. Too bad he was at about 50% tonight.
Again, what possible relevance is his salary to his oncourt performance. That's a front office issue, not an oncourt play issue.

piksi

Hall of Famer
RangerC said:
I agree, the Kings are better off with Thomas and Williamson at SF than the former starter (the Kings do have a better record over the last 4 seasons without him in the lineup than when he plays); too bad he's likely due back on Tuesday.
Well at least he is still a KING

RangerC said:
booooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
RangerC said:
I don't think that stat is any more relevant than when people tried to use it to prove Webber was worthless. A silly stat. We've always had tones of spare talent (less now than once, but still a lot). EVERY player is expendable for a short time because of that.

Now, I WILL say that its going to be interesting when Peja comes back. For whatever reason his hustle and rebounding have sucked this year (worse than normal). Where goes all the toughness and rebounding of a Corliss or Thomas when Peja returns to take their minutes? I'll take Peja's offense anyday thx, but how is Corliss going to help our toughness from the bench? Peja must step up now.

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
Bricklayer said:
I don't think that stat is any more relevant than when people tried to use it to prove Webber was worthless. A silly stat. We've always had tones of spare talent (less now than once, but still a lot). EVERY player is expendable for a short time because of that.

Now, I WILL say that its going to be interesting when Peja comes back. For whatever reason his hustle and rebounding have sucked this year (worse than normal). Where goes all the toughness and rebounding of a Corliss or Thomas when Peja returns to take their minutes? I'll take Peja's offense anyday thx, but how is Corliss going to help our toughness from the bench? Peja must step up now.
At the risk of incuring the wrath of the Pedja legion, I hope that Adelman will not hesitate to play Big Nasty for extend period so Pedja is fresh, but also on night Pedja just is not husteling... maybe seeing the guy he used to play behind on the court will inspire Pedja to bring his best rebounding and defense.

Since we're including Jamison's stats here perhaps we ought to include the officials by giving them a " B " for above average since they had the guts to call an obvious foul with 3 seconds left to play on Cat's last shot giving him 2 FT for the winning points. It's not often that they will call a foul that close to the end of a game no matter how obvious it is. Suppose it's payback for what they stole from us before?

Rowdyone said:
Since we're including Jamison's stats here perhaps we ought to include the officials by giving them a " B " for above average since they had the guts to call an obvious foul with 3 seconds left to play on Cat's last shot giving him 2 FT for the winning points. It's not often that they will call a foul that close to the end of a game no matter how obvious it is. Suppose it's payback for what they stole from us before?
I was thinking that too...payback. :D

Big win...or it'll be like what Brad said, "...if we lost, it's like damn." :D

Kenny Thomas may of had an off night on the offensive side (although 2-6 isnt too terrible) he was still our leading rebounder. Even though he shot 33%, at least he didnt pull an Antoine Walker and shoot 11-33. If theres one thing we need it is rebounds. Our offense is fine.

Even though Corliss makes some dumb plays. I really like seeing that fire in his eyes. Hes not the most talented, but he gives 100% every time hes out there. Seeing guys hustle like this is so much different than the teams ive watched the last few years. Just think if our old teams had the hustle that these guys do? I think we'd have at least two championships.

bibby was AWESOME!!! he just kicked major butt. A+ for sure.

man i was screaming all game at miller SHOOT!!! what is up with that??!! why doesn't that boy shoot the ball!!!! thats just crazy. we need brad to take more shots with no webber to take them.

kings won, so i'm happy :D

Bricklayer said:
That latter play was interesting, and not sure how I feel about it -- Cat clearly wanted the shot. GREAT trait and one I am loathe to criticize. But in order to set up his post of Arenas he actually pulled the ball back away from Bibby to make sure he got the shot. That was fine with Webb, who had earned that right and was hitting everything this year, and maybe its ok with Cat too given that he's made clutch shots for us too. But I still think Mike's the mega-clutch guy and not sure if a struggling Mobley has earned the stripes to keep the ball from him to amke sure he gets the last shot himself.
I thought the same thing.....just ask my neighbors.:eek:

Bricklayer said:
Jamison ( A+ )
There has been so much change to the roster recently, that it took me a few moments to realize you were grading a Wizard.

RangerC said:

ROFL!!! Once that indivual returns on tuesday, then we'll really start winning.

Heuge said:
I assume you are saying we are better with Thomas than DSong, to that I agree.
Yes.

I think Darius is better suited to play against the other team's second unit. I like the way Thomas goes after rebounds, he's got more bounce in his step than any of our other bigs.

It's only been two games with the new guys, but I felt like in both games the Miller-Songaila combo didn't play well and we struggled when they were out there together.

Good grades brick. Bibby was awesome.

But im starting to wonder about Cat with that lil incident after the buzzer where Joe Nolan had to take Cat off the floor. He needs to knock that stuff off. I was screaming at him to pass to bibby or someone else. we got lucky that there was a foul called. Hes reminding me of JB... and thats not a good thing.

GoGoGadget said:
I thought the same thing.....just ask my neighbors.:eek:

There has been so much change to the roster recently, that it took me a few moments to realize you were grading a Wizard.
lol.... You werent the only one.

albeitrue said:
Good grades Brick. Maybe Mike Bibby will earn a few more A+'s before the years out...

Well he's going to have to in order for the Kings to win. A lot of people are saying post trade, now the Kings have gotten away from relying (or trying to rely, depending on how you see it) on one guy (Webb), but I don't think thats the case. I think if Mike Bibby doesn't have a good game, then we don't have a chance to win. He is now the King of Kings, or so to speak, we need his scoring, his playmaking, he clutchness as much as we've ever needed it from one guy.

ReinadelosReys said:
Well he's going to have to in order for the Kings to win. A lot of people are saying post trade, now the Kings have gotten away from relying (or trying to rely, depending on how you see it) on one guy (Webb), but I don't think thats the case. I think if Mike Bibby doesn't have a good game, then we don't have a chance to win. He is now the King of Kings, or so to speak, we need his scoring, his playmaking, he clutchness as much as we've ever needed it from one guy.
While I agree that we will need more from Bibby as far as playmaking goes(especially in the clutch), I don't think it will be too terribly important for him to score a lot. Some nights he will have to take that upon himself, but there are still a lot of scorers on this team when they are healthy. He does need to be a more assertive leader (and he may have already started) and creator. This is of course when the team is healthy. The last couple of games when we have been short-handed, we do need his scoring as well as everything else, but when healthy I don't think its as big of a need.

Status
Not open for further replies.