Votes: 32 65.3%
  • Williams

Votes: 2 4.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat

Impressive? Eh...

Got it done? Sure, and didn't even collapse down the stretch, whatcha know. Nonetheless I was really concerned about what I was seeing from and around Boogie through 3+ quarters. Think its important that he came on and was a huge part of why/how we won this one down the stretch because he didn't look happy, and we were using him, or rather not using him in scary fashion (your 270lb superstar center sets a pick at the three point line than wanders over to go stand in the corner? That's your play?) Ben came up with one of "those games" too, and for 3/4+ was leading us in scoring. And Rudy finished it off, winning with an iso play (gee that Malone sure didn't know how to coach in this league). Next up, the weakest opponent we could run into now that we already used up our game against the Knicks -- the test of whether a middling win like this matters will be whether we can follow it up and finally develop a little momentum.

Boxscore

Stats: 39min 26pts (9-17, 2-3, 6-8) 3reb 1ast 0stl 1blk 2TO
Gay ( B+ ) -- was good almost from the opening tip of this one...at least as a scorer. Quickly got a 1 on 1 move over MKG (a quite good defender). Hit a three from Cuz. And was the only King left in after an early near full line change as things started to crumble for us. And he responded well to the responsibility, continuing to score, although the FTs were a bit shaky for a bit. Would later get an alley oop late in the half. Now the thing was...was he really bad at the other aspects? Maybe not. But he seemed to be losing battles around the glass, and while he was more attentive than he had been in Atlanta on defense -- despite MKG coming within 2 of a career high with 23 pts, only 4 of his 9 made FGs were on Rudy, and all but one were transition shots -- neither did he make any positive impact on that end. Throw in only a single assist, and you had Rudy and Ben combine to carry us offensively throughout the game until Cuz's late burst, and yet with their 33 FGA there were only 5rebs and 3ast. Anyway, while for a while Ben surged ahead as a scorer, it was Rudy who really helped Cuz close this thing. He drove and got fouled with us down 1 with 4:50 to go. Got a bit lucky he didn't get called for a charge at the 46sec mark, but instead of us losing the ball only up 2, the call was made against the Hornets, and Rudy hit the FT to finish the three point play and put us up 5. And after a made Charlotte basket to cut it to 3 and make it a one possession game, it was Rudy who came back and resealed the door with a jumper with a you're a star, go win it for us clear out isolation play with 18 seconds to go. His best most well rounded game? Maybe not. As good as Ben? Hmmmm...close, but I think you still give the kid the higher grade because this is more normal for Rudy. But Rudy was one of our constant engines throughout the game, and when it came time to win it, Rudy was the guy who latched the door Cuz was in the process of slamming shut. --Brick

Stats: 19min 10pts (3-4, 0-0, 4-4) 3reb 1ast 0stl 0blk 0TO
Landry ( B ) -- Carl started the game and only played 19 minutes, but he played well. He went about 4 minutes into the game before he touched the ball on offense, and that came when he battled for a rebound and was fouled. After making both freethrows, he once again became a spectator with Cousins and Gay getting most of the touches. Then, when he did have an open shot, he passed it up, drove to the basket and got his shot blocked. He finally makes a basket when he dunked the ball off a nice feed from McCallum. He scored again thanks to McCallum, this time with an up and under scoop shot. His only other basket came in the second half on a put back of a McLemore miss. Oddly, I don't believe Carl took on jumpshot all night, which is usually his bread and butter. Defensively he was OK. He strayed off Williams a couple of times, but by and large, he did a decent job. If I had to find fault, it would be his lack of rebounding. Only 3 rebounds on the night. However, he was playing next to Cousins who was gobbling up everything in sight. All in all, he did his job tonight. --Baja

Stats: 34min 20pts (8-17, 0-2, 4-5) 14reb 1ast 2stl 0blk 4TO
Cousins ( B- ) -- a doughnut game with a troubling filling, this looked like it was going to start off very strong as Cuz went Tim Duncan on Big Al back to back early on, banking in shots off the left angle, and whipped a pass to Rudy for a three. But a random early play designed to pee me off -- catching the ball up top with nobody around Cuz suddenly decided to pull up for a three and airballed it -- seemed to if not break the spell, at least be a sign it was breaking. Things began to get ragged, he missed a running layup on the nice setup from Ray, missed with two pass attempts. Was forced into a second missed three out there when the shotclock randown, and the whole smooth start and early lead we had going was forgotten about as the whole team started falling apart and was replaced en masse by Karl (Gay excepted). And when he returned to the game...something was wrong. He seemed to be laboring to get up and down the court, he missed another finish, never seemed to be able to get in any rhythm, thrwe another TO intended for Rudy when Rudy did not move, and when he did take a shot it was almost a halfhearted giveup. The odd thing was he was still giving an effort on the other end, still racking up rebounds. He finally got a couple more shots to fall just before the half finished, but then the third comes around, and that was when things really took a disturbing turn, as out of rhythm Cuz was replaced by a guy who was either injured, gassed, or completely frozen out of the offense and pissed about it Cuz. It was a sincerely bizarre quarter -- mind you, he still was getting back on defense, still piling up boards, but offensively...I mean he wasn't only not shooting, he wasn't even touching the ball half the plays. And yes, there were a number of selfish takes by the young guards, but it wasn't just that. We were running plays where quite literally Cuz might catch the ball at the three point line, hand it off, and go trot off to the corner to stay out of the way while the other guys played. He's set a single pick up high, and the play would go the other way entirely, and he just stood there 20ft from anything not in position in rebound or anything else. And it seemed to be built into the playcalling. meanwhile, chicken and egg, he's utterly dragging up the court on offense and just sort of walking around watching other people throw up shots, and the Hornets are closing, closing, and finally took the lead. It was disturbing no matter which way you looked at it, and this grade was plummeting. I was pondering D? Was he pissed at not getting the ball? Was Karl experimenting? Was Ray about to catch a big elbow from his own teammate? I couldn't tell. But he wasn't happy over there on the bench. Looked like he wanted to get back into the game, wasn't happy when he didn't. Was in some sort of animated conversation with Reggie and just...oh boy what now. That's why I thought the way this one ended was important. After a game of frustration (he was 4-13 12pts 11reb going into the 4th) Cuz got back on the floor, and after two initial misadventures where the team continued to have TO problems trying to use him, he stepped up big to win the game for us and poured in 10 pts in the final 4+ minutes to put the game away. With us up 1 and 4:20 left, he got fouled and split a pair. Then took a Rudy pass and banged in a hook with another +1 drawn foul. He ran the floor and took a big monster alley oop from Dre which put us up 7 and instantly caused Charlotte to call a timeout. Then it was a 270lb eurostep drive for the layin, and finally with Charlotte still right there, he hit a jumper to push them back off again. Rudy closed up with his two late hits, and our 2 stars had won the game and tried to make you forget what had gone before. Post game quotes sounded reasonably happy enough to get the win, so...I dunno. I'm certainly not going to forget it, and if we start seeing more plays hiding our superstar in the corner like Baby there's going to be a real problem brewing. But we got the win the way we needed to, with Cuz stepping up to be major part to it, so hopefully whatever all that was will just get swept under the rug and forgotten about. --Brick

Stats: 41min 27pts (10-16, 3-4, 4-4) 2reb 2ast 1stl 0blk 1TO
McLemore ( A ) -- I could throw out superlatives about Ben's performance tonight until my keyboard broke, and maybe I really DO need that new laptop...but I'll try to be brief. Ben's offense was dead on tonight. He only missed six shots on the night, and four of those came directly at the rim - one an iffy lob pass, two on drives (one blocked) and one on a reverse he just came up short on. You'll take your odds on those shots over and over. And despite missing those, his jumper was on. He was 3-4 from deep and hit his other three jumpers. Didn't miss a J inside the arc. And he made his way to the rim over and over. Defensively, he had a very nice game as well. I noted about six impressive defensive plays from Ben tonight - some deflections, a steal, a couple of lockdowns on drives, perhaps the best of which came in transition where he shut down Henderson and forced him into a missed fadeaway jumper instead of a ride to the rim. And I can tell you what Brick's favorite play was - if he noticed it. In the middle of the fourth he set a baseline screen for Cousins to get our big guy some post position. He gave Biyombo a good chuck on the screen and when it was enough to bounce Biyombo back a bit, he gave him another one. The Double Bi-Smack. Cuz had plenty of time to get in position, but it turned out the entry was late and Biyombo was able to recover. Still, a jumpshooter getting physical and giving some punishment to a big guy? AND scoring 27 points? Yes, please! --Capt.

Stats: 25min 6pts (1-7, 0-2, 4-5) 4reb 9ast 0stl 0blk 0TO
McCallum ( B- ) -- this was an interesting game for Ray, especially the first half, for the simple reason that he didn't play it like Ray McCallum, he played it more like Andre Miller. He played the setup guy rather than the scoring point guard, and if Cuz had not blown a couple of early opportunities and a few balls hadn't have been slapped away inside, Ray might easily have had a career high in assists here. He was responsible for a good portion of Landry's work, and one would have to imagine the lack of competition also helped goose Ben's breakout game. Defensively after one early Mo Williams blow by, Ray competed. Mo would get several more hoops on him during the game, but they were mostly when Ray got knocked off by a screen, and there was one notably tough shot after half with Ray all over him, but Mo still knocking it down. The third quarter was less satisfying, as Ray seemed to be looking for his own shot more, and in fact was far more involved as a shooter than was Boogie, which is pretty much unacceptable. Nor did he hit much of anything, getting blocked inside on several forced drives and an alley oop attempt, missing all his threes etc. Eventually he lost all but a handful of the late minutes to a Miller/Ben backcourt. For the first half though I thought this was an interesting change for Ray, and perhaps a welcome one. Just seemed to forget about it during our normal 3rd quarter of discontent and so we rode other hands to the victory. --Brick

Last edited:

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Bench

Stats: 26min 7pts (3-9, 1-3, 0-0) 2reb 7ast 0stl 0blk 4TO
Miller ( B- ) -- this was an on and off game for Dre. Its hard to even point to the tangible "solid" as he both struggled on defense at times, including down the stretch, with defensive quickness and decisionmaking (at one point late in the game deciding to stick on Biyombo 18ft from the hoop rather than the just slightly more deadly Henderson from the same range. And he and Cuz provided the bulk of our turnovers, although for the most part I felt both of them were trying to do the right thing, just having numerous miscommunication and misreading problems. One time when Ben got caught up on a defender Miller ended up throwing the ball a good 8 feet over his head straight out of bounds. Nonetheless, TOs or no, defensive issues or no, he steadies and except for a short rest it was againhim we turned to to play 12 of the final 15 minutes here. He provided little offense of his own, but late in the game added a three, and his big alley oop to Cousins at the 3:20 mark put us up 7 and demoralized the Hornets. He still got beat a couple of times on defense down the stretch, and missed another three (its not his shot, we are relying on too many from him) at the 1:40 mark, which could have hurt. But in the end we made a whole bunch of good decisions late in the game on offense, and a healthy part of that has to land at Miller's feet. --Brick

Stats: 19min 7pts (2-6, 1-1, 2-2) 7reb 2ast 0stl 1blk 0TO
Casspi ( C+ ) -- normally Omri gets a subtle bonus from me just for scrappiness and effort -- that's an intangible, its always there with him, and if he gives you 6 scrappy points and DWill gives you 6 pretty points, I think the 6 scrappy points are the more valuable. And in this one he did scrap for boards, and at a critical time in the third, with Cuz mysteriously frozen out and the Hornets creeping creeping creeping up on us, Omri entered and hit a two and a three to help hold them at bay until we could stabilize. But this grade gets knocked back because on the other end of the court Omri had issues all night with the quickness of the Hornets perimeter people. MKG blew by him repeatedly, Hendersen had plenty of room to operate, he ended up having to guard Mo Williams a number of times, and that is just kinda hopeless quickness wise. We've been using Omri a lot as a backup SG, and he has been effective at times there. Only a few games ago he was causing DWade problems with his length. But against this quickness he looked very much the 6'9" SF trying to keep up with much smaller and more agile personnel, and so the grade heads backward.--Brick

Stats: 23min 3pts (1-5, 1-5, 0-0) 1reb 1ast 1stl 0blk 1TO
Williams ( C- ) -- well, from the beginning of this whole front office mess I have had a great fear of Derrick Williams representing some sort of perverted ideal for the idiots in charge while the rest of the league giggles at us. And under Karl he has, to his credit, purified his casual fan pleasing three and oop game to a point when he almost actively avoids doing anything else. So on a night like tonight, with the lanes not there on the break (his most notable play on the break being a blown alley oop pass to Ben), he simply shifted the other way, too 5 shots, all of them threes, and hit one of them. That was his night. And BTW that amazingly is enough to get yourself the stretch minutes on this team now despite the obvious superiority of both Landry and JT on the night. Since he was out there, he had to try one of his shots, which is to say a three, at the 2:30 mark, missed it, and ran back the other way an fouled MKG as the Hornets closed the gap again. Otherwise he largely just stayed out of the way and provided all the theoretical spacing a guy sitting on 3pts and 20% shooting from 3pt land can provide for Cuz. The numbers absolutely deserve something less than this grade. And yet somehow we won his minutes by a big margin. I caught him accidentally playing good defense on a three point shooter once, so maybe that was the magic. In any case you can't say he hurt us despite not doing anything. So...--Brick

Stats: 14min 7pts (3-4, 0-0, 1-2) 7reb 1ast 0stl 1blk 0TO
Thompson ( B+ ) -- JT had a very nice game tonight. He didn't score many points, 7 to be exact, but he did all the other little things that helped the team win. He only played 14 minutes, and had 7 rebounds as well. He no more than entered the game and he dunked the ball off of a Casspi miss. That would be his only basket in the first half. However, he played very solid defense, and I had him down for a blocked shot, which the official scorer didn't give him. He would get credit for a block in the second half. His only other scoring would come off of a putback of a missed shot, and at the freethrow line. He held Maxiell to zero points in the game. Of course Maxiell isn't someone that drives fear into the hearts of men, but you have to give credit where credit is due. He stopped the ball in the lane, and got out and defended the pick and roll well. He did get a little stupid by picking up two quick fouls almost back to back on an offensive possession by Charlotte that I thought would never end. Very nice game tonight. --Baja

Last edited:
PERFECT example of court-side seats spoiled on people who don't deserve court-side seats.
Plus, old people have no excuse for staring at a phone when there's a game going on right in front of them.

By the end of this game, I'm sitting there, excited that the Kings might finally win one, and then I thought - damn, WHY?
It's just one more win tallied around their necks at the end of the year and will harm their draft position and therefore their trade power.

F Vivek.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
a win is a win I suppose but considering no Al Jefferson for the second half and Kemba coming back from injury it's nothing too impressive. I cannot stand Cousins hanging out on the perimeter so much, it's agonizing. I hope Karl or one of his new assistant coaches in the offseason work with the big man on some post moves. Have your go to post move and have a back up when defenses key in on your go to move. This is one of those games Ben decided he can shoot the ball. Let's see what happens in Philly.

Impressive? Eh...

Got it done? Sure, and didn't even collapse down the stretch, whatcha know. Nonetheless I was really concerned about what I was seeing from and around Boogie through 3+ quarters. Think its important that he came on and was a huge part of why/how we won this one down the stretch because he didn't look happy, and we were using him, or rather not using him in scary fashion (your 270lb superstar center sets a pick at the three point line than wanders over to go stand in the corner? That's your play?) Ben came up with one of "those games" too, and for 3/4+ was leading us in scoring. And Rudy finished it off, winning with an iso play (gee that Malone sure didn't know how to coach in this league). Next up, the weakest opponent we could run into now that we already used up our game against the Knicks -- the test of whether a middling win like this matters will be whether we can follow it up and finally develop a little momentum.

placeholder...
Brick, don't worry too much about Malone. Malone is not "The Kings". Besides, he is GONE and probably won't ever coach the Kings again. You are beginning to sound like you are hating everything about the Kings, hoping for them not to succeed, hoping Cousins does not like the coach, and all just because your favorite coach got fired. IMO, the whole team is still here and this win should be viewed more of a positive for the whole of "The Kings".

Also, the season is near it's end. In just a few months from now teams will be looking for coaches. If you are right about what you think about Malone, then your favorite coach will be hired again. Please cheer-up this board a little bit more. Let us all be more of FANS once again for the greater part of our postings, rather than be more of a critic all the time. It is tiring and emotionally draining already for casual fans like me who hopes for a miracle turn-around.

Another thing. Coach Karl will be our coach for a longggggggggg time. Vivek seems to be determined to be here too for a longgggggggg time. And there is no indication that PDA will be gone anytime soon. We have to embrace them somehow like they are part of our Kings. Let go of the hate for the sake of ourselves - especially YOU because you are too important to this board.

You don't want to have a high blood pressure, do you?:(

PERFECT example of court-side seats spoiled on people who don't deserve court-side seats.
Plus, old people have no excuse for staring at a phone when there's a game going on right in front of them.

By the end of this game, I'm sitting there, excited that the Kings might finally win one, and then I thought - damn, WHY?
It's just one more win tallied around their necks at the end of the year and will harm their draft position and therefore their trade power.

F Vivek.
I too am happy they won. Unfortunately we haven't had enough of them. But a win is a win is a win. Good going guys. I'm sorry I'm not hearing this message from others. What we need isn't draft picks, it's wins.

Let us all be more of FANS once again for the greater part of our postings, rather than be more of a critic all the time.
You don't want to have a high blood pressure, do you?:(
IMO, your sentiments are exactly what's WRONG with society today.

Society is unwilling and incapable of holding feet to the fire - of looking hard at the light and not blinking or looking away, even if its painful to see.

Society wants to bask in the mindlessness and blissful ignorance of reality TV and pop music, never having to face their real-world problems.

What you propose is exactly what this fanbase should NOT do.
Us ignoring the problems on this team will NOT get them fixed.
It might let YOU feel better to ignore them for a night, but then just like PoundForPound, once a loss hits home he'll be falling out of his chair to spout invective and the sky is falling.

We as fans need to be consistent, and firm in the application of criticism to this franchise - they do not yet deserve our appreciation, as they have not accomplished ANYTHING yet.
They are still a bottom-dweller, and unfortunately still a laughing-stock.

It's not Brick's responsibility to come out here and blow smoke up the collective fanbase's butts, and help us to sing Kumbaya for our team.

Brick focuses on solutions.
And this team needs lots of solutions to get better - to get where we all need them to be - competitive in the NBA.

CruzDude

Senior Member sharing a brew with bajaden
Progress with a capital P! More better defense and after awhile even guarded at perimeter. Nice holding it together in 4th. Seeing tangible progress is the game now and experimenting with who works with whom at either end is slow process. Nice Ast/TO ratio is another plus.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Great win as the Kings dodged the barrage of Mo Williams in the 4th:)
Or conversely, once Al Jefferson hurt his leg, the Bobcats frontcourt was reduced to Marvin "Takes ten threes whenever given the opportunity" Williams, Biyombo, who is rather limited offensively and not a center either, and Jason flippin Maxiell, a "big man" so undersized that he makes Carl Landry seem like a legitimately tall person, a combo that overall seems worse than our clustereff JT/Reggie/decomposing Landry/D-Will/Omri "big man" conglomeration.

IMO, your sentiments are exactly what's WRONG with society today.

Society is unwilling and incapable of holding feet to the fire - of looking hard at the light and not blinking or looking away, even if its painful to see.

Society wants to bask in the mindlessness and blissful ignorance of reality TV and pop music, never having to face their real-world problems.

What you propose is exactly what this fanbase should NOT do.
Us ignoring the problems on this team will NOT get them fixed.
It might let YOU feel better to ignore them for a night, but then just like PoundForPound, once a loss hits home he'll be falling out of his chair to spout invective and the sky is falling.

We as fans need to be consistent, and firm in the application of criticism to this franchise - they do not yet deserve our appreciation, as they have not accomplished ANYTHING yet.
They are still a bottom-dweller, and unfortunately still a laughing-stock.

It's not Brick's responsibility to come out here and blow smoke up the collective fanbase's butts, and help us to sing Kumbaya for our team.

Brick focuses on solutions.
And this team needs lots of solutions to get better - to get where we all need them to be - competitive in the NBA.
I respectfully disagree. For me I want to sit back and enjoy my teams play with winning as the best outcome. I came see the team's faults and get frustrated but I don't have the duty nor interest in making sure I solve their problems. They have much more incentive to do so than I do. And the brightest minds on here don't hold a candle to the group of minds running this team. Relax, enjoy the game, get frustrated when they don't play well, enjoy their struggles to get better.

I respectfully disagree. For me I want to sit back and enjoy my teams play with winning as the best outcome. I came see the team's faults and get frustrated but I don't have the duty nor interest in making sure I solve their problems. They have much more incentive to do so than I do. And the brightest minds on here don't hold a candle to the group of minds running this team. Relax, enjoy the game, get frustrated when they don't play well, enjoy their struggles to get better.
I'm in the middle I guess. I don't want to ruin my fun by perpetually beating up the front office, coaches, and players - so I thought I was going to "agree" with this post.

But.. "... the brightest minds on here don't hold a candle to the group of minds running this team"???

The guys running this team are dipPACEs. Silly petty stupid dumbPACEs. Until they prove otherwise. They don't deserve credit for knowing how to run a basketball operation just because they made millions in software or fitness clubs - that is just dumb blind hero worship of some odd sort. And Pete himself???? He was shopping Malone's job from day one, sabatoging him all the way, and he did Rudy hard. I have no regard for "the group of minds running this team" and I'm disappointed to hear Karl blowing that moronic "PACE" trumpet. But still... have got to give him some time to figure it out.

But that said, I don't think we have to assign blame after every loss and there is no real reason right now for a Kings fan to be miserable imo. Karl could just be patting Vivek's ass with all the PACE jabber for all we know.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
... And the brightest minds on here don't hold a candle to the group of minds running this team...
What on earth makes you say that? Are you under the impression that we're all street sweepers, or something? Or are you one of those people who believe, all evidence to the contrary, that intelligent and successful people don't spend time on the Internet?

What on earth makes you say that? Are you under the impression that we're all street sweepers, or something? Or are you one of those people who believe, all evidence to the contrary, that intelligent and successful people don't spend time on the Internet?
...... on this team or any other NBA team.

I say that because all evidence points that way. The cumulative knowledge and experience of there several dozen folks in all aspects of basketball is factual. You and I and Brick and bajaden are smarter than hell about basketball but not in the same league as the pros. None of this prevents kf.commies from sharing our wisdom and insight with each other. We do a pretty good job of that. The difference is we share our wisdom on here and the pros from the Kings don't.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude

I say that because all evidence points that way. The cumulative knowledge and experience of there several dozen folks in all aspects of basketball is factual. You and I and Brick and bajaden are smarter than hell about basketball but not in the same league as the pros. None of this prevents kf.commies from sharing our wisdom and insight with each other. We do a pretty good job of that. The difference is we share our wisdom on here and the pros from the Kings don't.
Nope, they just leak every little detail to the media instead.

So in the absence of evidence the FO knows what they're doing, we are to just assume they do? Because they have job titles?

I wish I was capable of that kind of blind faith.

This FO is working on a second season of less than 30 wins. What on earth about that is leading to assumptions they know what they're doing?

Quite smug isn't?

How many people knew Landry was a mistake for example?

Could you imagine this way of thinking if this was in politics or governing?

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member

I say that because all evidence points that way...
There is no evidence that points that way. It may be true, and it may not. From my point of view, you're committing a logical fallacy that amounts to, "Well, of course he knows what he's doing; if he didn't know what he was doing, he wouldn't be President!"

I too am happy they won. Unfortunately we haven't had enough of them. But a win is a win is a win. Good going guys. I'm sorry I'm not hearing this message from others. What we need isn't draft picks, it's wins.
I agree. It's getting old year after year with the draft picks. Our FO hasn't had the greatest luck with their picks except for DMC. The team should be built around him. Ws help a lot and so do good free agents. Easier said than done.

Quite smug isn't?
How many people knew Landry was a mistake for example?
Could you imagine this way of thinking if this was in politics or governing?
Recent injuries probably limited Carl further, but it was mentioned by many here the moment he was signed, that Landry is a below average defender and defensive rebounder, who doesn't pass that well. Being a black hole post option made him a really awkward fit even as a bench player, who still has to play 6-8 minutes per game with DMC.

rainmaker

Hall of Famer

You don't have to look far to recognize that's untrue.

As in, just this season when Malone was fired a number here came out an immediately claimed it was a huge mistake, while the so called "experts" in PDA and Vivek claimed it'd make us better, not down the road but this season and Corbin would lead us to the playoffs. Then of course it turned out many of us were right, those experts were wrong and the season blew up in their faces, later followed by PDA admitting his mistake.

And while many of us said Karl would be the only way to save face to an extent and he should be hired immediately, these "experts" again propped up Corbin as a viable replacement for Malone, even saying Corbin is our man and we're 100% behind him. Of course, that also proved to be wrong and they ultimately hired Karl. If our "experts" listened to us, we likely wouldn't be in the middle of the ****storm we currently find ourselves.

And we can go on with other examples but a common misconception is that to live and work in the NBA automatically means you're smarter than those who don't and have more qualifications where as many times, as in life, a fair amount is based on who you know and being part of the fraternity. Just because someone who's played and/or watched this game for decades decided to make a career and support their family doing something else, law, business, owning a shop, IT work, what have you doesn't mean they aren't qualified to have an opinion and an opinion that many times is correct. Or do you not get to criticize politicians unless you work in politics, or can't criticize a Hollywood movie unless you're in the business, or can't criticize a meal unless you're a chef?

Warhawk

Give blood and save a life!
Staff member

As in, just this season when Malone was fired a number here came out an immediately claimed it was a huge mistake, while the so called "experts" in PDA and Vivek claimed it'd make us better, not down the road but this season and Corbin would lead us to the playoffs. Then of course it turned out many of us were right, those experts were wrong and the season blew up in their faces, later followed by PDA admitting his mistake.

And while many of us said Karl would be the only way to save face to an extent and he should be hired immediately, these "experts" again propped up Corbin as a viable replacement for Malone, even saying Corbin is our man and we're 100% behind him. Of course, that also proved to be wrong and they ultimately hired Karl. If our "experts" listened to us, we likely wouldn't be in the middle of the ****storm we currently find ourselves.

And we can go on with other examples but a common misconception is that to live and work in the NBA automatically means you're smarter than those who don't and have more qualifications where as many times, as in life, a fair amount is based on who you know and being part of the fraternity. Just because someone who's played and/or watched this game for decades decided to make a career and support their family doing something else, law, business, owning a shop, IT work, what have you doesn't mean they aren't qualified to have an opinion and an opinion that many times is correct. Or do you not get to criticize politicians unless you work in politics, or can't criticize a Hollywood movie unless you're in the business, or can't criticize a meal unless you're a chef?
Heck, a whole bunch of us got blocked on twitter from Leslie/Vivek for saying this the week it happened! We were vocal about it not just here but on social media as well.

And we can go on with other examples but a common misconception is that to live and work in the NBA automatically means you're smarter than those who don't and have more qualifications where as many times, as in life, a fair amount is based on who you know and being part of the fraternity.
I somewhat agree, but you missed some very important things. These guys from the actual FO operates with so many variables in mind. Fans operates with a magical wand on their hand and with some schizophrenic deluded thoughts. Some fans think, if you want this coach or players, all you do is use that magical wand and voila....it is done. Us fans, we don't think of the time element, financial, and political correctness involved in these dealings. Those people involved in the organization somehow do.

Who among us fans and the FO would have had come out and say....yeah..."Corbin will coach and we are saying now that we are NOT 100% behind him and we doubt if he can really make it work. We are really looking for a proven coach, and not the likes of Corbin, but it seems like those proven coach's asking price are too high right now. We are just waiting for the right time to negotiate to increase our leverage."

Would you be able to say that?

Or, would you rather give Corbin that word of confidence that you are 100% behind him and see how it works while you silently work for your next plan in the likely case Corbin does not work?

I guess what I am saying is it is actually easy to say we are smarter than them, but that is just because we operate from a different world. Their world is different and we haven't even been there. They have ACTUAL experience in their world and we don't. So, for now most things will point they will do better than us in THEIR world.

Last edited: