• Gay

Votes: 8 13.3%
  • Cousins

Votes: 49 81.7%
  • Thomas

Votes: 3 5.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I haven't heard Jerry say it yet, but I can only imagine "And that's an Acy Deucey!" in inevitably in the future.
Jerry Reynolds has some of the most weird, and sometimes downright stupid, nicknames for players. Probably about the only legitimate complaint I have about the guy. Other than that, he's a great commentator!!!

While most on this board seems to despise Jerry and Grant, I usually don't mind them, and appreciate their extensive knowledge. Where I appreciate them less, however, is when they go into their cheerleader routine. And this year's love fest for IT has become a bit hard to take.

Warhawk

Give blood and save a life!
Staff member
While most on this board seems to despise Jerry and Grant, I usually don't mind them, and appreciate their extensive knowledge. Where I appreciate them less, however, is when they go into their cheerleader routine. And this year's love fest for IT has become a bit hard to take.
Agreed. I especially appreciate their vast Kings-related knowledge on telecasts.

I enjoy their banter and style. I find at times I disagree with them on some basketball items (re: personnel, etc.) but I just don't look at them as an end-all on that front, just another opinion to consider.

Agreed. I especially appreciate their vast Kings-related knowledge on telecasts.

I enjoy their banter and style. I find at times I disagree with them on some basketball items (re: personnel, etc.) but I just don't look at them as an end-all on that front, just another opinion to consider.
Where I have found them increasingly lacking is their breakdown/ commentary on the other teams and their players. You don't hear any stats, don't hear strengths and weaknesses etc. They more or less just say "__ can flat out score". And that's the end of it.

My wife and I love his lovefest. Just shows ya.

As long as you recognize it for what it is, unabashed homerism, it's fine.

It's just if you listen to only them you might be wondering why our PG isn't getting MVP consideration. Forget the all star game, he's the greatest player in the league!

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
My wife and I love his lovefest. Just shows ya.
You cannot be serious.

I'd be embarrassed even if I agreed. Worse than embarrassed, I despise when people on "my side" act like completely irrational homers. It degrades my entire point of view and very much threatens to turn a majority of people off to the whole idea.

Just shut up Jerry. You're not doing IT any favors. Its lucky you have a wife or I'd wonder.

You cannot be serious.

I'd be embarrassed even if I agreed. Worse than embarrassed, I despise when people on "my side" act like completely irrational homers. It degrades my entire point of view and very much threatens to turn a majority of people off to the whole idea.

Just shut up Jerry. You're not doing IT any favors. Its lucky you have a wife or I'd wonder.
Hey, I like Jerry and always have. He's a lot more than an announcer. He's the Kings, he's smarter than hell about basketball etc. He's basketball, he' from Indiana where basketball comes from and where my father grew up playing basketball. If you don't feel my way he might get a little tiresome. He's a homer in the best sense and he has a connection to the Kings like no one else. I'm sorry you're embarrassed. Say ten Our Fathers and ten Hail Marys and you're forgiven.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Hey, I like Jerry and always have. He's a lot more than an announcer. He's the Kings, he's smarter than hell about basketball etc. He's basketball, he' from Indiana where basketball comes from and where my father grew up playing basketball. If you don't feel my way he might get a little tiresome. He's a homer in the best sense and he has a connection to the Kings like no one else. I'm sorry you're embarrassed. Say ten Our Fathers and ten Hail Marys and you're forgiven.
Dare I ask what you base that on? I mean, he can't possibly be as dumb as I think he is but, aside from proving that he knows how to play office politics, and that he may be a master of the "schmooze the people with the money" game, his track record would appear to indicate that he's not really all that basketball-savvy. He was a failure as a coach, he was a failure as a GM (both of the Kings and the Monarchs), and I can't recall the last time he said something truly insightful as a broadcaster. Where are you getting the sense of his basketball smarts from?

Dare I ask what you base that on? I mean, he can't possibly be as dumb as I think he is but, aside from proving that he knows how to play office politics, and that he may be a master of the "schmooze the people with the money" game, his track record would appear to indicate that he's not really all that basketball-savvy. He was a failure as a coach, he was a failure as a GM (both of the Kings and the Monarchs), and I can't recall the last time he said something truly insightful as a broadcaster. Where are you getting the sense of his basketball smarts from?
If you have to ask then I can't help you. Does basketball intelligence have anything to do with coaching a team, of being a GM? I am quite at home with my judgement on the matter. I see you are skeptical. Sorry I can't help you.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Well, TTBOMK, Reynolds didn't play basketball anywhere, at least not above the high school level. It's not like we're talking about a journalist, or even a gambler like macadocious' boy, Haralabos. Hell, we're not even talking about someone posting on a message board. I don't really know what other criteria you could possibly use to determine his having basketball smarts, besides his job performance?

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Well, TTBOMK, Reynolds didn't play basketball anywhere, at least not above the high school level. It's not like we're talking about a journalist, or even a gambler like macadocious' boy, Haralabos. Hell, we're not even talking about someone posting on a message board. I don't really know what other criteria you could possibly use to determine his having basketball smarts, besides his job performance?
Why not just accept the inevitable fact that you and pshn80 do not agree on this particular point and leave it at that? He's not going to change his mind and I know you well enough to know that herds of cattle will fly around the moon before you change yours. ;)

Glenn

Hall of Famer
Why not just accept the inevitable fact that you and pshn80 do not agree on this particular point and leave it at that? He's not going to change his mind and I know you well enough to know that herds of cattle will fly around the moon before you change yours. ;)
I'll buy a telescope just in case.