[Game] Golden State Warriors at Sacramento Kings, 11/28/2023, 7pm Pacific 10pm Eastern

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only thing I'm worried about with Lyles getting extended minutes is if his "magic" eventually wears off. His 3pt shot has been widely up and down his entire career, and I don't really want to mess with it because he's been so good for the team off the bench
I mean, we're honestly getting to a pretty huge sample with Lyles as a King being damn good. Like 100+ games now. Now if he can hold this production as a 28+ MPG starter? Maybe not. But I'm pretty confident he's actually this good. Just found his home in our system with Brown.

I think Sasha could play the three, he’ll need help to defend em’ though
no but a Keegan, Sasha, Trey line-up spreads the floor for our guards and Trey/Sasha/Keegan/Kevin are good enough rebounders it doesn’t hurt us.

Sabonis was -5 with 9 points in 36 minutes.
Lyles was +4 with 11 points in 24 minutes
Sasha was +15 with 8 points in 15 minutes.

in these kinds of games Sabonis just gets played off the floor. He can’t bully the opposing center and he can’t hit an outside shot. So his defender just junks up the offense. We are going to see the same thing against the Pels. Mike is going to have to go small.

no but a Keegan, Sasha, Trey line-up spreads the floor for our guards and Trey/Sasha/Keegan/Kevin are good enough rebounders it doesn’t hurt us.

Sabonis was -5 with 9 points in 36 minutes.
Lyles was +4 with 11 points in 24 minutes
Sasha was +15 with 8 points in 15 minutes.

in these kinds of games Sabonis just gets played off the floor. He can’t bully the opposing center and he can’t hit an outside shot. So his defender just junks up the offense. We are going to see the same thing against the Pels. Mike is going to have to go small.
Hopefully Brown tests out the Sasha, Lyles, and Domas combo early though. See if it keeps players like Ingram from shooting right over the top. Zion might not be stoppable but you can't let both of them go off.

Also Sasha and Trey are both deserving of big rotation minutes going forward, which is a bit of an issue seeing as how they play the same position as Keegan Murray, who is presumably going to play again this season and Mike Brown refuses to cut HB's minutes and/or play Trey at the five unless absolutely necessary.
Finding minutes for your platoon of full size players who can shoot and defend is quite a problem to have

Man was this a effn great game after the half. It’s about time that the refs made some decent calls for us, glad they took the flop back on Sasha. Green was his annoying self and I giggled when he finally got the tech(poor baby) Sasha was amazing protecting the rim and getting the rebounds. But man I was losing hope in Fox with his free throws . But when we needed it the most he came thru. Trey got to the free throw line and did very good. A couple of those sequences drove me absolutely crazy, I mean we had 4-5 chances to make a basket and then lose it. Anyway hell yes great win finally played with some intensity! Light that beam!

Status
Not open for further replies.