[Game] Golden State Warriors (6) @ Sacramento Kings (3) (WCDS Game 7, 3-3) 4/30/2023 12:30pm Pacific 3:30pm Eastern (ABC)

On October 3, 2022, did you, in your wildest dreams, picture the Kings playing in a game 7?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
What was the alternative?
The alternative was to accept after 2021 that they weren't going to win a championship with Chris Paul on the roster, and instead try and build around Booker, Ayton, Bridges, Johnson and Payne. Phoenix was doomed as soon as they decided to build around two players that had very different windows, and then doubled down on that error by going all-in to acquire a player that was closer to their older star's age than their younger one.

Seeing all this Curry did this nonsense in tweet and other highlights. "You ain't ready for this" mocks the beam, etc.

Like you just beat the Kings in the first round after 16 years out of the playoffs and you are a 4 time champ.

Guy is one of the best ever but a total embarrassment at the same time.
He's always being able to con the fans (and more importantly the advertisers) with his child-like facial expression, hiding the fact that he's a grade-A crap-talker in the league.

Did we find out why Davion only played 8 minutes when he was obviously the best at "containing" Steph? Did anyone ask Mike at the podium?
Best explanation came after 6 game when the analytics coaches said to keep spacers on the floor and just run with it. Davion's shot started to struggle late in the series, so we went with all offensive approach to try and close it.

Just silly to me, Davion was the only guy who had real success vs Steph in this series. And putting TD out there on D REALLY blew up in our faces here in game 7. Not using one of the best defensive guards in basketball vs one of the best offensive back-courts and guards just seems like a real mis-fire.

Best explanation came after 6 game when the analytics coaches said to keep spacers on the floor and just run with it. Davion's shot started to struggle late in the series, so we went with all offensive approach to try and close it.

Just silly to me, Davion was the only guy who had real success vs Steph in this series. And putting TD out there on D REALLY blew up in our faces here in game 7. Not using one of the best defensive guards in basketball vs one of the best offensive back-courts and guards just seems like a real mis-fire.
Yeah, I get that TD is a much better threat on the offensive end and a slight dropoff defensively.

But now upon reflection, I wonder if Brown had too much respect for the Dubs to not make the direct correlated changes like bringing Len in to just bang down low when Loon is on fire with his 10th O-board, or bringing Davion in to just halt Curry's hot streak.

gunks

Hall of Famer
Seeing all this Curry did this nonsense in tweet and other highlights. "You ain't ready for this" mocks the beam, etc.

Like you just beat the Kings in the first round after 16 years out of the playoffs and you are a 4 time champ.

Guy is one of the best ever but a total embarrassment at the same time.
Crazy how easy he makes it to root for the friggin Lakers next round.

Yeah, I get that TD is a much better threat on the offensive end and a slight dropoff defensively.

But now upon reflection, I wonder if Brown had too much respect for the Dubs to not make the direct correlated changes like bringing Len in to just bang down low when Loon is on fire with his 10th O-board, or bringing Davion in to just halt Curry's hot streak.
Yeah, Brown had a brilliant game 6, but he got badly outcoached in this series by Kerr. Became one of the biggest mismatches in the entire series.

Yeah, Brown had a brilliant game 6, but he got badly outcoached in this series by Kerr. Became one of the biggest mismatches in the entire series.
Really, I can accept Curry going ballistic and beating us with 50 points in Game 7, Davion or no Davion. But I am still having a hard time making peace with letting Looney beat us this badly on rebounding. That was a Ryan Garcia level of gut punch that won't soon recover.

I'm not sure that Barnes is going to be able to command anywhere near $20M a year. Last offseason only six guys (Beal, LaVine, Harden, Ayton, Brunson and Simons) beat that number. Sexton, Nurkic, Dort, and Mitchell Robinson got between $15-20M. Portis only got $12M, Monk only got $10M. Barnes, at age 31 and coming off a 15.0/4.5/1.6 season feels like he should be coming in a lot closer to that $12-15M range than $20M.
that would be great but none of those guys are 6’8 wings. It wouldn’t shock me if it’s 15 but I would be very shocked if it’s any less.

The NBA media really is pitiful.

It’s funny how when we were beating the Warriors, the haters came out in full force to mock Kings fans for celebrating a 1st round win against an old Golden State team. But now that they’ve beat us, people are acting like the Warriors just went 15 rounds with Muhammad Ali and won.

I also hate the “Sacramento should be proud of themselves” noise. The Kings are no one’s “feel good” story now. We were legit the whole season and almost KOd the Warrior’s dynasty. Those same people never gave us the time of day and even tried to discredit us the entire series even when we were up 2-0.

Welp. At least the NBA world knows we’re no longer a team they can joke about anymore.

It's great that you recognize that. Don't sit here with us if it isn't bringing you joy.

Have fun elsewhere!
It's a meme showing I'm parting ways this season, as we just got eliminated. Don't read too much into it lol. It's a coping mechanism since we got our ass beat.

queue the Charlie puth and wiz "see you again" and you'll see it's just for fun

The alternative was to accept after 2021 that they weren't going to win a championship with Chris Paul on the roster, and instead try and build around Booker, Ayton, Bridges, Johnson and Payne. Phoenix was doomed as soon as they decided to build around two players that had very different windows, and then doubled down on that error by going all-in to acquire a player that was closer to their older star's age than their younger one.
So a team that makes the conference finals doesn't run it back but the Kings should? Well, like said, they're still in after nearly not even making the playoffs so we'll see. Hold onto all those other players and they're basically in the same boat with the same fat contracts, just without Chris Paul. They still had their superstar in Booker when the smoke cleared. Would Bridges become the player the Nets think he can be with the Suns? Maybe, wasn't happening up to that point though and Chris Paul certainly wasn't holding him back. Once they went all in to keep Ayton they were committed. When you commit, you commit. The Kings are closer to that now themselves. The Suns have a window now. Later? Later might never come and before the deadline it was sinking into oblivion.

Not a coincidence that Curry finally exploded w Davion riding the pine. And more than anything Curry going off seemed to totally gut the team down the stretch

What do you mean, no excuse?

If you are losing a lot of your shot appetite from your major source, your rhythm will be thrown off too.
I guess my expectation for the players is to have them adjust. All good players have to do this in the course of the playoffs, but neither Huerter or Barnes found their footing. We saw Murray shake it off after 3 games, and he’s a rookie. I’m really disappointed by their play in the postseason. Maybe they shouldn’t be this reliant on Domas

I guess my expectation for the players is to have them adjust. All good players have to do this in the course of the playoffs, but neither Huerter or Barnes found their footing. We saw Murray shake it off after 3 games, and he’s a rookie. I’m really disappointed by their play in the postseason. Maybe they shouldn’t be this reliant on Domas
Yeah, I think that is the biggest surprise, I don't know if Brown and co expect to see Sabonis getting completely neutralized. And obviously, the longer this series go, the harder it is for Sabonis to find his groove as he got more and more battered and hurt thanks to Draymond and Looney's brutal treatment.

I think Huerter needed to really, truly run like Steph, the kind where you run continuously non-stop, positioning, repositioning, until you find yourself an open shot or your running help get your teammate one.

I'd pay good money to see the alternate universe where Brown subbed in Davion for serious minutes guarding Steph the rest of the 2nd half.
A crazy move would have been to start Davion in the second half and just tell him to STICK on curry the whole time he was in. Say something like "the warriors may beat us - bit it's your job to make sure curry doesn't beat us".

A crazy move would have been to start Davion in the second half and just tell him to STICK on curry the whole time he was in. Say something like "the warriors may beat us - bit it's your job to make sure curry doesn't beat us".
I mean, when Steph started to get hot, he should've stuck Davion on him, even just as a temporary solution. Same thing like I question his decision to not bring in Len to bang down low with Looney so he can't grab every single rebound.

Status
Not open for further replies.