Get Cousins, Rudy & Ben to the NYC All Star Game

Since Aldridge is hurt that basically ensures the Cousins gets in. If you pick the next three in votes it is Duncan, Durant, & Cousins.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Alright, Boogie just made the All Star Team:

Kobe Bryant: Torn Rotator Cuff. Should end his season. Maybe his career, although think he'll want a goodbye tour.
LaMarcus Aldridge, out 6-8 weeks with torn ligament in thumb. Will miss All Stars.

Boogie's gonna make it.

Yep Cousins is not only getting negative attention in the media again, but he's once again looked at as a "guy putting up numbers on a bad team"

All has spiraled out of control since these morons assassinated our season
Yeah from the outside he looks like a selfish player looking for numbers while not caring about wins/losses.

But that's actually the fault of the FO, and DMC really, really cares about wins and losses and teamwork and defense.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Query: anybody know is it just Conference coaches who vote for their own Conference's Al Stars? Or do all 30 get to vote for all of them?
NBA coaches vote for the reserves for their respective conferences, none of which can be players on their own team. Each coach selects two guards, three frontcourt players and two wild cards, with each selected player ranked in order of preference within each category. If a multi-position player is to be selected, coaches are encouraged to vote for the player at the position that is "most advantageous for the All-Star team", regardless of where the player is listed on the All-Star ballot or the position he is listed in box scores.
(cite)

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
To the contrary, that's actually a nice final total. At one point Dwight had passed him, but the Boogie machine almsot caught up to LMA and is right there with the guys who didn't make it. Voting:
West Frontcourt Voting
1. Anthony Davis (NO) 1,369,911

2. Marc Gasol (Mem) 795,121

3. Blake Griffin (LAC) 700,615

----------------------------------------------

4. Tim Duncan (SA) 546,817

5. Kevin Durant (OKC) 545,226

6. LaMarcus Aldridge (Por) 498,131

7. DeMarcus Cousins (Sac) 465,334

----------------------------------------------

8. Dwight Howard (Hou) 348,275

9. Dirk Nowitzki (Dal) 292,557

10. Rudy Gay (Sac) 144,702

11. Kawhi Leonard (SA) 132,150

12. DeAndre Jordan (LAC) 117,816

13. Serge Ibaka (OKC) 107,223

14. Draymond Green (GS) 99,039

15. Tyson Chandler (Dal) 98,654

I would have loved to have gotten him up above Tim as the best of the rest, but still, that's not a bad showing at all for a guy stuck on a franchise that can't even find a way to win 30 games in half a decade with a pissed off fanbase who's emptied out the arena. Now it goes to the coaches, but the recognition is there elsewhere.
There is a distinct possibility that we lost a large number of votes from Twitter because some people used @BoogieCousins instead of DeMarcus Cousins, depending on the sort parameters.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Yeah from the outside he looks like a selfish player looking for numbers while not caring about wins/losses.

But that's actually the fault of the FO, and DMC really, really cares about wins and losses and teamwork and defense.
I'd like to see you back that up with some evidence.

There is EVERY reason to argue just the opposite, including a lot of comments from opposing fan bases. I have heard DMC called a lot of things but I have not heard hin called a selfish player who looks for numbers but doesn't care about winning.

I'd like to see you back that up with some evidence.

There is EVERY reason to argue just the opposite, including a lot of comments from opposing fan bases. I have heard DMC called a lot of things but I have not heard hin called a selfish player who looks for numbers but doesn't care about winning.
Unfortunately, I have no evidence.

But I don't think its a stretch to think that someone who only glazes over the Kings could create the aforementioned assumption, is my point.

Actually, from all the national games I have watched and the two against the Nets plus the Knicks game, no one has called him selfish. In fact, the story is usually that they feel rather badly for Cousins because he started the season on a tear, got sick, his coach was fired, and now the team is underachieving. Selfish? I have yet to hear that from any credible source.

i've never really heard him called selfish but i do see a lot of fans calling him an "empty stats" guy on a losing team. Which is also similar to the types of things you hear from media people and guys like Charles Barkley who say stats only mean so much, if you're so good eventually you gotta make your team win

i've never really heard him called selfish but i do see a lot of fans calling him an "empty stats" guy on a losing team. Which is also similar to the types of things you hear from media people and guys like Charles Barkley who say stats only mean so much, if you're so good eventually you gotta make your team win
That wasn't the case with Anthony Davis last year, but who cares? It's Anthony Davis.....

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
To be fair i do see a lot of people starting to put AD in the empty stats category too...
Who?

No, seriously, who? Anthony Davis' team is at .500 and, when he's in the lineup, they're two games above. What idiots are trying to call his numbers empty, and what the **** are they basing their bull**** on?

Who?

No, seriously, who? Anthony Davis' team is at .500 and, when he's in the lineup, they're two games above. What idiots are trying to call his numbers empty, and what the **** are they basing their bull**** on?
same stuff people are basing it on when they call Cousins an empty stat guy.

they look at a guy with top 5 numbers in the NBA and a team not in the playoffs and just assume the player isn't a winner.....

Cousins>Davis though

Glenn

Hall of Famer
Who?

Although I disagree with your language (cough!) I wonder also. Seems like "facts" are being manufactured. AD is a spectacular ball player. Oh, and so is Boogie.

Glenn

Hall of Famer
same stuff people are basing it on when they call Cousins an empty stat guy.

they look at a guy with top 5 numbers in the NBA and a team not in the playoffs and just assume the player isn't a winner.....

Cousins>Davis though
I am not sure if this is true but I'd love to see them on the same team.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Unfortunately, I have no evidence.

But I don't think its a stretch to think that someone who only glazes over the Kings could create the aforementioned assumption, is my point.
There's a big difference from a blanket statement of apparent fact (which is what you did first) and your admission that it was only an assumption.

I'll adamantly disagree that someone who only takes a cursory look at the Kings would think Cousins is a selfish stat-filler. DeMarcus Cousins is a once-in-a-decade player and any fan who delves deeply enough into the NBA to even look at the stats is already aware of who he is. Casual fans don't even bother to look at stats or interpret their significance. They really don't.

For what it's worth, Ric Bucher selected Cousins as well for his reserves.

The TNT panel all selecting DeMarcus Cousins has a bit to do with Shaq's constant push. Not to say the Boogie didn't deserve it on his own, but if anyone watched the previous shows, Chuck in particular was resisting Boogie deserving to be and all star because his team wasn't winning (of course it really has more to do with their beef :D ). But Shaq basically just calls Chuck out every time and declares DMC as the #1 center and Marc Gasol as #2.

The way the media is all actually behind him this year makes me think it's a lock. To the point where i almost want to get my funds together for a jersey :D

(if they actually make a jersey, im still waiting for the Team USA DMC jersey that one of the owners tweeted me that they were "working on")

K

KingMilz

During the Bulls-Spurs game Reggie Miller and Grant Hill were saying Duncan/Dirk deserve the LMA spot..............smh................Cousins is probably the only player on a losing team (aside from AD obviously) that has a shot on getting in. I think it will come down to him and Dwight probably.

I really hope Monta Ellis gets in (Dallas has to have 1 guy imo) and Mike Conley as well.

Starters:
Curry
Harden (kobe out with injury)
Flop Griffin
Gasol
Davis

Reserves:
KD (even though he has missed a ton of games, i think he's in)
Westbrook
Lillard
Klay Thompson

that leaves 3 more spots for CP3/Cousins/Dirk/Ellis/Howard/ Conley?/ Duncan?.

i think it's VERY VERY VERY hard not to pick Cousins as one of those 3 guys......

feeling pretty good about his chances after looking at that

In other news, the format of the Rising Stars Challenge was changed to USA vs World. The rosters haven't been announced yet, but Ben receives attention from media. His name is mentioned in every article I've read and I hope he makes the roster. Would be great for his confidence after not making it last year.

There's a big difference from a blanket statement of apparent fact (which is what you did first) and your admission that it was only an assumption.

I'll adamantly disagree that someone who only takes a cursory look at the Kings would think Cousins is a selfish stat-filler. DeMarcus Cousins is a once-in-a-decade player and any fan who delves deeply enough into the NBA to even look at the stats is already aware of who he is. Casual fans don't even bother to look at stats or interpret their significance. They really don't.
Well I wasn't politically correct here. In terms of political correctness, it was an assumption.

Here's some jaw dropping numbers from Boogie, that, especially with LMA out, would make it pretty much unprecedented to keep him out. Last year was bad, but this year, it's hard to make any argument, either through the eye test or the numbers, that Boogie is not an all star.

"What’s more: No player has ever posted the per-36-minute averages that Cousins is this season (25.6 points, 13.5 rebounds, 3.4 assists and 1.8 blocks). The fifth-year big man is in the midst of a historically dominant season, even as his Kings are plummeting out of the Western Conference playoff race.

Based on per-game averages alone, Durant, Cousins and Aldridge should steamroll Duncan, Howard and Nowitzki for the remaining three All-Star spots. Of course, per-game stats don’t capture the totality of a player’s impact on the court; that’s where advanced statistics can help out."
http://bballbreakdown.com/2015/01/2...es-demarcus-cousins-deserves-an-all-star-bid/

It has nothing to do with "political correctness"...
I said that I made a genuine mistake writing as if it were "apparent fact", and would like it to be interpreted as an "assumption", or at least an educated guess on how someone might react. My writing wasn't politically correct, is what I'm saying. What are you arguing with me about?

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I said that I made a genuine mistake writing as if it were "apparent fact", and would like it to be interpreted as an "assumption", or at least an educated guess on how someone might react. My writing wasn't politically correct, is what I'm saying. What are you arguing with me about?
Merely trying to point out that "politically correct" might not mean what you think it means. I'll leave you alone now.