GAME-Summer League- Kings vs. Warriors (again)

SL has 10 foul limit I belive.
I am here at the game.

Summer league playoff games you have a limit if six fouls which is a change from the 10 you get in the normal games.

So they had to pull WCS.

Fortunately he had a good 2nd quarter and did not pick up his third foul.

And Moreland is looking stronger around the rim through-out all these games. The extra muscle he put on is really showing.

Complete collapse after half time... went almost scoreless in third quarter. Think Miami's backcourt of Shabazz Napier and Justise Winslow is going to kill us.

CruzDude

Senior Member sharing a brew with bajaden
baja and I been discussing Dukan vs. Wear as 3/stretch 4's. Wear looked good last 3 games but is that his upper limit? What is Wear's upside or is this it? Dukan shows his 4 yr ball with top college program that went 2 final 4's with him as starter. Fundamentals seem good and he improved last 2 games from his first game (Kings game #2). My argument is Dukan has an upside but don't know if Wear has one.

Hey, we are division rivals!
baja and I been discussing Dukan vs. Wear as 3/stretch 4's. Wear looked good last 3 games but is that his upper limit? What is Wear's upside or is this it? Dukan shows his 4 yr ball with top college program that went 2 final 4's with him as starter. Fundamentals seem good and he improved last 2 games from his first game (Kings game #2). My argument is Dukan has an upside but don't know if Wear has one.
I toyed with this as well. Wear was much more consistent through all the games, Dukan showed flashes that made me perk up that David doesn't......... then, I realized, for the first time in a very, very long time that, thank Vlade, we won't be relying on either! I am quite content, at this point, to watch young undrafted talent develop in the D league and not on the court. Call em up if we have some injuries and let them sit in wide eyed wonder on the bench, neither of them will be someone we actually are counting on in real games this year. Then I just smiled and let that thought sink in for awhile. It took the sting out of losing, since I hate losing.

funkykingston

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hey, we are division rivals!

I toyed with this as well. Wear was much more consistent through all the games, Dukan showed flashes that made me perk up that David doesn't......... then, I realized, for the first time in a very, very long time that, thank Vlade, we won't be relying on either! I am quite content, at this point, to watch young undrafted talent develop in the D league and not on the court. Call em up if we have some injuries and let them sit in wide eyed wonder on the bench, neither of them will be someone we actually are counting on in real games this year. Then I just smiled and let that thought sink in for awhile. It took the sting out of losing, since I hate losing.
And that's exactly it. Our frontcourt now has two young veterans who aren't quite into their primes in Cousins and Koufos and two youngsters in Cauley-Stein and Moreland. Then there's Mbah a Moute who is a 3/4 these days but even counting him 40% of our bigs are inexperienced and not guys the Kings want to have to lean on heavily. I think the team needs one more PF who has some years under their belt. I know Vlade has said he's looking for a stretch 4 and I was okay with Bonner, but less so with Hedo. And beyond those two the cupboard is pretty bare. So I hope the team is looking at guys like Reggie Evans, Darrell Arthur, Kevin Seraphin or maybe even still looking to add Josh Smith at this point.

But in any case, the only guys from our summer league that should be on the Kings opening day roster are WCS, Moreland and Anderson with the last two likely being the two inactive players to start the season.