[Game] Game 73: Kings @ Grizzlies, 3/30/15 - 5pdt, 8edt

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
I'd love for Karl to experiment with starting Nik...Memphis has been in a slump as of late, what better way than to play versus the Kings!

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
I started this so I could share some "news" from Jason Jones:

Jason Jones @mr_jasonjones · 2h 2 hours ago
After practice George Karl said he might rest some players to experiment with lineups. Said he'd talked to DMC/Gay about sitting 1-2 games

Jason Jones @mr_jasonjones · 2h 2 hours ago
Cousins and Gay both have played with lingering injuries.
Sigh. DMC, you ****ing turned into a pumpkin just when I needed you for my fantasy league playoffs! THIS is how I get rewarded for years of brand loyalty, taking you season after season until everybody else caught on?? SMH,

I can imagine the crap they want to do with Rudy's spot. But unless Sim suddenly appears on the roster I don't even want to know what they think they're going to do with Boggie's minutes. Ryan Hollins development time? Going full Nellie?

Sigh. DMC, you ****ing turned into a pumpkin just when I needed you for my fantasy league playoffs! THIS is how I get rewarded for years of brand loyalty, taking you season after season until everybody else caught on?? SMH,

I can imagine the crap they want to do with Rudy's spot. But unless Sim suddenly appears on the roster I don't even want to know what they think they're going to do with Boggie's minutes. Ryan Hollins development time? Going full Nellie?
Oh poor you :p

rainmaker

Hall of Famer
I'll never, ever, ever, support resting/sitting a player who can play and can give it a go without risking further injury unless we have no foundation and are tanking to acquire one.

As a fan, I'm supposed to go along with the idea a guy who just put up 39/20 and it could easily have been 45/20, should or would sit for a game or two? To experiment? What bleeping experiment is worth sitting your franchise player? Why the bleep would you run such an experiment in the first place? Affirming Cuz's +/-?

That's a tank move. You don't sit a top 10 player who can play so you can experiment without him unless you have ulterior motives, i.e. tanking.

Take it as a random thought, but I don't think you could "rest" Russel Westbrook, no matter the circumstance, unless the 82nd game of the season resting for the playoffs.

gunks

Hall of Famer
After our moral boosting win streak, I guess I can stomach a liiiiiiittttle bit of tanking.

We can use the game thread to debate who to pick at number 10 (I'm assuming we're going to fall as low in the draft as possible)! :p

I like Stanley Johnson myself. Projects to be a meeeeaaaaaan defender at the 3.

Dear Coach Karl,

If you must screw around, please do so against the Pelicans.

Sincerely,
Someone who would like the Pelicans to be in the playoffs.

P

PoundForPound

Sitting healthy players is something that I am totally against. Regardless of the fact that we're not making the playoffs, we're playing to win. Fans pay good money to come to these games and when teams and opposing teams sit their best players it's just not as great of an experience.

I had actually underestimated the will , on the contrary , I know who these Memphis last season . Matter of the 3 losses in a row , that to give some optimism .

P

PoundForPound

Cousins is out for this one. Yikes big guy, Z Bo must have really scared the crap out of you.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
After our moral boosting win streak, I guess I can stomach a liiiiiiittttle bit of tanking.

We can use the game thread to debate who to pick at number 10 (I'm assuming we're going to fall as low in the draft as possible)! :p

I like Stanley Johnson myself. Projects to be a meeeeaaaaaan defender at the 3.
No. The game thread will NOT be used to discuss draft picks. No way, no how.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Sitting healthy players is something that I am totally against. Regardless of the fact that we're not making the playoffs, we're playing to win. Fans pay good money to come to these games and when teams and opposing teams sit their best players it's just not as great of an experience.
Those two words are the real key. Boogie is far from healthy right now. He's been playing through a plethora of injuries because he has the heart of a competitor and a champion. If they want to rest him on some road games, I don't really see the problem - if he buys into it. His opinion is the only one I care about.

P

PoundForPound

Those two words are the real key. Boogie is far from healthy right now. He's been playing through a plethora of injuries because he has the heart of a competitor and a champion. If they want to rest him on some road games, I don't really see the problem - if he buys into it. His opinion is the only one I care about.
My problem with this is that he could have taken any recent game off, what a coincidence that this game happens to be against one of the most physical teams in the league, err - Z Bo's team. He's supposed to be our big man, our enforcer. This is a bad look for us.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
My problem with this is that he could have taken any recent game off, what a coincidence that this game happens to be against one of the most physical teams in the league, err - Z Bo's team. He's supposed to be our big man, our enforcer. This is a bad look for us.
Bad look? Yeah I'm sure that's a major concern on the mind of most fans.

I'm sure Boogie doesn't want to take any games off. If he's doing so, it's because he and George Karl have come to a meeting of the minds. In my mind, that's a helluva lot more important than whether or not you think it's a "bad look."

rainmaker

Hall of Famer
Sean Cunningham ‏@News10Sean
Kings C DeMarcus Cousins out tonight in Memphis as a rest game. #NBAKings

Slap in the face to fans who've stuck by this team during the train wreck this season has been. One of the few reasons to watch this team, Cuz, is being sit so he can "rest" and to run experiments without our franchise centerpiece?

It's a pure tank move. We have 10 games and two weeks left, Cuz will get as much rest as he likes 16 days from now. It's not a 4th game in 5 nights situation, he just had two days off after putting up 39/20.

P

PoundForPound

Sean Cunningham ‏@News10Sean
Kings C DeMarcus Cousins out tonight in Memphis as a rest game. #NBAKings

Slap in the face to fans who've stuck by this team during the train wreck this season has been. One of the few reasons to watch this team, Cuz, is being sit so he can "rest" and to run experiments without our franchise centerpiece?

It's a pure tank move. We have 10 games and two weeks left, Cuz will get as much rest as he likes 16 days from now. It's not a 4th game in 5 nights situation, he just had two days off after putting up 39/20.

Thank you!

Finally someone who agrees, and sees things from my perspective. Fans who are okay with guys resting with "lingering" injuries I will not understand. News flash, every NBA player is playing with some type of lingering injury its a long season and almost nobody is 100% healthy. fans deserve better than this.

P

PoundForPound

Bad look? Yeah I'm sure that's a major concern on the mind of most fans.

I'm sure Boogie doesn't want to take any games off. If he's doing so, it's because he and George Karl have come to a meeting of the minds. In my mind, that's a helluva lot more important than whether or not you think it's a "bad look."
You don't understand, like I said previously, almost nobody in the NBA is perfectly healthy. Everyone is playing with lingering issues and sore bones here and there, the point is that Sacramento has been put through so much this year, and the games are winding down, we still watch to see this team win and we want to see our franchise center play.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
It's a pure tank move.
Actually, that's not a tank move at all. A tank move would be to rest him against the Pelicans or the Jazz - games that we could win. On the road in Memphis? A game we're likely to lose anyway against the most bruising frontcourt in the league? For a guy who needs rest, that's just common sense.