[Game] Game 7: Sacramento Kings @ OKC Thunder, 11/09/14 4 PM PST 7 PM EST

Your current vote for NBA MVP

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
There is absolutely NOTHING to learn from this game.

The Kings quite clearly did not want to win this game.
Anyone can see how they treated the 4th quarter, leaving their backups in an incredible amount of time, letting the clock tick down, only putting in their starters when it became obvious they were throwing the game if they didn't.

When the starters finally came back in, I looked at their faces and body language, and they were not looking forward to having to go in and lose the game. It was clear to anyone who watched this game that the Kings did not want to win.

There actually is one thing to learn...

Never, in any situation, should Sessions be subbed in ahead of McCallum.

I know we can't win them all, but we lost against a depleted OKC.... Sessions and Nik were both equally ****ing horrible. I don't know who was worse. The bench made all of our momentum go away in the 4th. Then the refs didn't help either. Calling BS fouls, like the one on Cuz where he didn't even touch Lamb. Refs were BS this game.

S

SacKings2002NBAChampions

Well, if there's one thing we've gained from this game:Ben Mac is NO longer a garbage time player.

Hallelujah

If Sessions hadn't come in a crapped away all the momentum we had, we could have easily stolen this game. Can't expect the starters to be able to just come back in and make up the deficit in the 4th quarter on the road. Malone needs to get rid of Sessions and stop benching Collison/Cousins/Gay all at the same time

Larry89

Disgruntled Kings Fan
The Kings need better offensive organization, too many times they wasted the clock just standing around the 3pt line. Part of the problem is that when Ramon Sessions comes in he does not make plays for his team. Some of it is too much Iso ball trying to feed Rudy, not enough dribble penetration.

S

SacKings2002NBAChampions

There is absolutely NOTHING to learn from this game.

The Kings quite clearly did not want to win this game.
Anyone can see how they treated the 4th quarter, leaving their backups in an incredible amount of time, letting the clock tick down, only putting in their starters when it became obvious they were throwing the game if they didn't.

When the starters finally came back in, I looked at their faces and body language, and they were not looking forward to having to go in and lose the game. It was clear to anyone who watched this game that the Kings did not want to win.
Let your adrenaline down, my friend.

We have a lot to learn and grow from beyond this game. It's a good learning experience. The main positive is that last year when we were down by 17 in the 3rd quarter, we would have given up. Last year, our bench would have made that into a 25+ deficit. Things have changed for the better.

We lost this game due to multiple reasons: They were lights out from shooting. You know when Nick Collison is draining three's like it is nobodies business then you're having a hell of a night. Their D-leaguers were motivated as hell against us and Ramon Sessions cost us on those plays. REBOUNDS. We didn't rebound well at all. You could tell that Cousins was missing that extra jump from his game. He was a little worn out. You forget that him and Gay had a very very long summer. Those World Championship games took a lot out of them. Granted, they didn't play during playoff season but they also didn't get a proper rest. This also helped us as a team to get to a better start because our players were already conditioned before the season started. That's why our win-loss ratio is so inflated. Last but not least, they got a lot of help and BS calls from the refs. Down the stretch, there was about 4-5 wrongful calls against us. That's what did it.

One other thing that we learned as I stated previously, Ben Mac is no longer a garbage time player!

We can also learn from this game that Ray Mac needs to play more. I think the reason that he hasn't is he takes too many questionable shots. He took a ridiculously contested 3 pointer today and Malone was pissed. That's not how you run a game as a true PG. He needs to learn from Collison.

If Ben Mac can develop this year, I honestly believe the playoffs are close. Gay's contract next season could be around 12 million which gives us 7 million to bring in an upgrade.
Also, lets not forget we can offload some useless contracts like D-Williams. ;)

Future is bright guys. :)

I feel like we went in thinking we had it in the bag and got punched in the mouth and never recovered.
We recovered nicely in the 3rd Q but our bench let us down completely. Nik couldn't guard a standing tree, Sessions was a complete negative and Landry was overpowered by Ibaka and Perkins.

funkykingston

Super Moderator
Staff member
Rough loss. No way around that. Especially with two very difficult road games coming up next.

I'd like to see them come home 6-3 but 5-4 is a very likely outcome with the Spurs the next opponent at home.

Are the Kings still a bad team that had a hot start?

Or are they new and improved and just stumbled a bit in OKC?

I sure hope it's the latter and we see a team that continues to scrap on defense, hit the boards and gradually improve on offense.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Tonight was the first time since Dec 3, 2013, that we had at least 23 assists and 10 or fewer turnovers in a game, and lost. The last time that happened... was also against Oklahoma City.

I'm going to have to have to eat tuna casserole for the rest of my life, aren't I? :confused:

This same OKC team took the previously undefeated Memphis team to the brink, it's a tough place to play. We'll learn from it and move on. We weren't going to keep up the 5 and 1 pace all season, guys.

Possibly. I give a lot of credit to Cousins for not losing his composure, in the face of some tough calls.
Agreed. Even with that we were right there, but Malone left the bench in too long in the 4th. Sessions has been an utter waste for us. He drained the life out of our comeback on offense and got abused defensively, giving up several and 1's

shot clock violations.
stupid technical fouls.
Turnovers.
Collison not hitting anything.
Sessions effing away the momentum.
Way too much PT for the bench to start the 4th.

Ben was the only bright side. Other than that, this was a step back.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Agreed. Even with that we were right there, but Malone left the bench in too long in the 4th. Sessions has been an utter waste for us. He drained the life out of our comeback on offense and got abused defensively, giving up several and 1's
Marinate on this for a minute: if Cousins couldn't get calls against Steven Adams and Kendrick Perkins, what's he going to be in for when he plays two of the last three DPOY's in successive games?