[Game] Game -6: Sacramento Kings vs. Toronto Raptors, 10/7/14 7PM pst 10PM est

it's a short list...

michael jordan
dwyane wade
jerry west
drazen petrovic
sarunas marciulionis

all i can think of off the top of my head.
Wade?! You do realize he is a 29% 3pt shooter and 73% ft shooter for his career, don't you? That's hardly someone that would pop into my head as "best shooting guards for percentages." He's nowhere close to sniffing 40% from three or 90% from the stripe.

K

KingMilz

The preseason literally goes for like 1 month I just realized, that is far to long just make it two weeks and start the NBA season a little earlier, I want to watch basketball but not 4 weeks worth of Preseason unless they make it into some mini tournament like the Summer League let them play for a trophy and prize money or something like that, give it the smallest amount of meaning at least so the results do mean a tiny bit more.

The preseason literally goes for like 1 month I just realized, that is far to long just make it two weeks and start the NBA season a little earlier, I want to watch basketball but not 4 weeks worth of Preseason unless they make it into some mini tournament like the Summer League let them play for a trophy and prize money or something like that, give it the smallest amount of meaning at least so the results do mean a tiny bit more.
Except for that it defeats the purpose of having preseason in the first place.

Last edited:

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
The real purpose of pre-season is to determine, among other things, which players will actually make it onto the final roster. That's the meaning, not some contrived trophy or prize money.

K

KingMilz

The real purpose of pre-season is to determine, among other things, which players will actually make it onto the final roster. That's the meaning, not some contrived trophy or prize money.
Can't it be both? The Summer League is a similar sort of purpose and I thought the way they made it, made the whole thing way more exciting.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Preseason games are a by-product of training camp, which has a purpose. There was a time, many moons ago, when NBA teams used to scrimmage with local teams of ex-college players. It was never intended as entertainment. So for me, its a bonus. But not to worry. I'm sure that someday in the future, everything will be televised.