[Game] Game 12: Sacramento Kings vs. Chicago Bulls. 11/20/14, 7:30 PST, 10:30 EST

Who has the best hair in the NBA?

• Luke Babbitt

Votes: 5 12.2%
  • Elfrid Payton

Votes: 11 26.8%
  • Joakim Noah

Votes: 10 24.4%
  • Tom Thibodeau

Votes: 15 36.6%

• Total voters

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Joe Davidson ‏@SacBee_JoeD
36s36 seconds ago
Charles Barkley on TNT on DeMarcus Cousins, "I know he doesn't like me, but I know one thing. He can't whup my ass."
To be fair to Charles, I thought it was a real lame bait question from EJ. "I read an article recently and Cousins is still offended by your criticism of him years back" (paraphrased).
It's also a ridiculously truncated 'summary' of about a three-minute response to the obvious trolling by EJ. I thought that Barkley was actually quite complimentary of Cousins, and his growth. I'm not getting this paradigm in Kings Nation that you're only allowed to recognize Boogie's growth if you ignore his past.

It is concerning that DeMarcus still seems to be holding a grudge towards Barkley for speaking the truth and essentially saying the same thing as everyone else or at least saying what everyone else is thinking. I'm not sure these days Cousins would condone his own behavior from 2 to 6 years ago so it's odd that he holds it against Barkely for pointing out the obvious.

The fact that Cousins is much more under control last year and especially this year is proof that Barkley was right all along. If DeMarcus truly didn't believe his own self-destructive behavior was a problem then he wouldn't be changing it. The proof is in the results too, as Cousins has matured and stopped acting like such a baby........his game and his team has improved.

I would imagine one day the two will bury the hatchet and Cousins will realize that Barkley was right and actually trying to help him. If that never happens it's probably a bad sign for him and the team

To be fair to Charles, I thought it was a real lame bait question from EJ. "I read an article recently and Cousins is still offended by your criticism of him years back" (paraphrased).
Barkley was very complimentary...but he did not back down from the things he said about Cousins in HS...and I'm sure we can all agree that while Cousins has done a good job of growing up, he used to be quite a knucklehead...it was nothing personal on Barkleys part. He also was just letting it be know n, after complimenting Cuz on his growth in skill and attitude, that he could and would still whoop his ass if Cuz ever put hands on him...it was actually pretty hilarious. Cuz really does need to get over it though.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
If the article that was posted earlier this week is to be believed, Cousins' whole beef seems to be based on the fact that he feels betrayed by a fellow 'Bama Boy. As someone who has no personal concept of regional loyalty, I can't relate to that sort of thing.

My money is on Chuck...you obviously are unfamiliar with old man strength
HAHA true. Old man strength is real and I think a lot of people forget what a badass Barkley was on the court and off the court. Barkley has been in enough bar fights that he'd have no problem putting the young buck in his place. It's be a hell of a fight though but I'll take the old guy.

HAHA true. Old man strength is real and I think a lot of people forget what a badass Barkley was on the court and off the court. Barkley has been in enough bar fights that he'd have no problem putting the young buck in his place. It's be a hell of a fight though but I'll take the old guy.
Still in awe of when he dipped Shaq and slammed him during that brawl..he was crazy strong.

Still in awe of when he dipped Shaq and slammed him during that brawl..he was crazy strong.
Yeah that was cool and among his many bar fights (most of which we don't know have any real details) there was the incident where he threw a dude through the plate glass window at the front of the bar. It was self defense but he went overboard to where he was arrested and Clyde Drexler who was with him at the bar had to bail him out. Coolest thing of all is that he didn't apologize to the media and instead said the guy got exactly what he deserved.

When Barkley says "I know he can't whup my ass".......lol that is a fact.

Yeah that was cool and among his many bar fights (most of which we don't know have any real details) there was the incident where he threw a dude through the plate glass window at the front of the bar. It was self defense but he went overboard to where he was arrested and Clyde Drexler who was with him at the bar had to bail him out. Coolest thing of all is that he didn't apologize to the media and instead said the guy got exactly what he deserved.

The best part about the plate glass incident was when the judge asked Chuck if he had any regrets..He replied in classic Chuck fashion... " yes, I regret we were only on the 1st floor" lol

The best part about the plate glass incident was when the judge asked Chuck if he had any regrets..He replied in classic Chuck fashion... " yes, I regret we were only on the 1st floor" lol

I really don't think this little verbal tussle between two 'Bama bros means squat. Kind of like Shaq's berating us as "Sacramento Queens" way back in the day. He said he didn't mean anything by it, moved on, so did we. Time for Boogie to move on and not bait Barkley anymore - even if he doesn't like him for whatever reason. I kind of like seeing Barkley put down if for no other reason for his years on TNT laughing at us, dumping on Sac as boring cowtown and all the rest. At least blasting Barkley about those big mouth insults is deserved.

My problem with Barkley, and I suspect that it might be DeMarcus' issue too, is his hypocrisy. For example, during the highlights of tonight's game - when they showed Noah's hissy fit resulting in a technical foul - Barkley complimented Noah's passion and said he could play for his team anytime. However, when DeMarcus' does the same thing and gets a 'T' Barkley is critical of Big Cuz and labels him immature.

Barkley is being a hypocritical jerk (as usual).
KF's should NOT be believing what he is saying.

Barkley just lied about what he said to DMC as a high schooler.

Cousins insists Barkley said much more,

I remember it like it was yesterday. Then, coming into my rookie season, you take up for your ex-coach and say I’m the worst thing that ever happened to Sacramento on national TV. Yeah, I’m going to remember.”
A lie of omission is still a lie.

It's GUARANTEED that Barkley told him more than "don't complain to the refs and get techs."

And he's proved himself a hypocrite when he praised Noah for his passion (reality check - Noah threw a tantrum on the court this game, AND last game got ejected!) but crucifies Boogie for his passion.

It was very loud in the arena. Very. They damp down the noise on the broadcast. I've noticed that when I go to a game and then watch the rebroadcast.

They do it on Comcast Sports Net, too. I think they have to, our you'd have trouble hearing the commentators.

Boy, that was a fun game to be at. My granddaughter said she was the loudest person in her row (different section from me). I've obviously taught her well. ;-)

My problem with Barkley, and I suspect that it might be DeMarcus' issue too, is his hypocrisy. For example, during the highlights of tonight's game - when they showed Noah's hissy fit resulting in a technical foul - Barkley complimented Noah's passion and said he could play for his team anytime. However, when DeMarcus' does the same thing and gets a 'T' Barkley is critical of Big Cuz and labels him immature.
I notice this hypocracy too. How many techs has many of the top NBA players get? Cuz is no different but gets held to a whole different level than the rest of the league in my opinion. Grateful Shaq has his back. Cousins lets his frustration get to him at times and then does something dumb, like the foul on Brooks following the bad offensive foul he got. But it all comes from Cuz's passion and fire. I love it and have come to appreciate it.

Spike

Subsidiary Intermediary
Staff member
Cousins's 4th foul on Brooks was a very clear "here, let me show you what an actual foul looks like". The game was still very much in doubt, so I'm a little concerned from that aspect, but the knucklehead in me did guffaw.

Cousins's 4th foul on Brooks was a very clear "here, let me show you what an actual foul looks like". The game was still very much in doubt, so I'm a little concerned from that aspect, but the knucklehead in me did guffaw.
I'm noticing a pattern which must change. Cuz is doing his best not to pick up techs, only has one. But this is now like the 4th or 5th time at least that he's been called for a foul, or didn't get a call, while sitting on 2 in the 1st half or 3 in the the 3rd and immediately swipes hard at the ball on the next possession, committing an obvious foul and having to go to the bench.

It was a frustration foul, and he's committing frustration fouls instead of getting techs. At least techs keep you on the floor. But IMO this foul wasn't all that different than him thinking he got fouled on offense and quickly committing a backcourt foul out of frustration. It's the one thing he really has to improve on as it's really the main factor in him not playing more mins. Not getting techs doesn't help that much if he instead goes and immediately picks up a frustration foul which puts his ass on the bench.

I'm noticing a pattern which must change. Cuz is doing his best not to pick up techs, only has one. But this is now like the 4th or 5th time at least that he's been called for a foul, or didn't get a call, while sitting on 2 in the 1st half or 3 in the the 3rd and immediately swipes hard at the ball on the next possession, committing an obvious foul and having to go to the bench.

It was a frustration foul, and he's committing frustration fouls instead of getting techs. At least techs keep you on the floor. But IMO this foul wasn't all that different than him thinking he got fouled on offense and quickly committing a backcourt foul out of frustration. It's the one thing he really has to improve on as it's really the main factor in him not playing more mins. Not getting techs doesn't help that much if he instead goes and immediately picks up a frustration foul which puts his ass on the bench.
Very interesting observation.

I think Cousins deliberately does this when he is tired, so that Malone will pull him out of the game and he can sit and rest for longer periods. J/K:D

Last edited: