Frozen Four anyone?

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
For me its a rare chance to see my alma mater on the tele. After being consistently at the top during the 90s the Boston University Terriers fell off for a bit but they're back on top as the number one team in the nation right now. They take on Ohio State in a few minutes.

In any event in the early game of the NE regional University of New Hampshire had an impressive come back against North Dakota - down 2 with 10 minutes to play they netted the tying goal with .1 seconds on the clock and then scored the game winner 45 seconds into OT. They may be tough to beat in Manchester.

Anyone else follow college hockey?

Last edited:

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
Aren't they getting their butts kicked by some team from India right now?

Oh, Bemidji State is from Minnesota... my bad.

Spike

Subsidiary Intermediary
Staff member
We're a third period team. Talk about coming in and expecting a victory. Not something I'd expect from Jackson's teams.

Edit: at least UM lost.

Last edited:

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
I think after UM and Denver yesterday neither number one would take things lightly today. I did want to see ND and BU play though. I'm 20 seconds away from ripping my hoops bracket up right now so I need some entertaining hockey next weekend :)

Spike

Subsidiary Intermediary
Staff member
Unfortunately, we didn't open against a school from Ohio. ;) Double unfortunately, so endeth my viewing of NCAA hockey.

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
There was actually an article on USCHO last week suggesting BU throw the game against Lowell so they could play BSU. Glad Coach Parker had some integrity.

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
If Miami-OH beat MN-Duluth (they are up 2-0) not only would BU be the only 1 seed to survive their first game but the next highest remaining teams in the tournament would be 3 seeds. Crazy.

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
Had to go to a buddy's bar just to watch today's game since Comcast does not carry ESPNU. BU is now in the Frozen Four, not their best game but they got it done netting the winner off a deflection with 15 seconds to go. They changed it back to basketball afterwards so I couldn't stick around to watch BSU-Cornell.

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
Congrats BU Terriers 2009 NCAA D1 Champs!!!

What a game. My heart is out to Miami (OH) and their fans who did not deserve to go down that way.

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
They were a bit undisciplined at times but they are clearly the best team in the nation when they want to be - every time they got down the last few weeks they turned it up a few notches and got it done. Basically a pro team playing in the NCAAs, they generally were both the fastest, most physical and most skilled at any time. Miami sure played a brilliant center ice game to take away their transition opportunities. Hats off to them. They'll be back next year. Seems like half of BU is headed to the NHL.

Who is your cousin's roommate?