Francisco Garcia

I barely looked at the numbers involved in Francisco Garcia's contract, and I have one question. Why the hell did we sign him for so much money? :confused: Does this reflect the tendency of bad teams to over-invest in anything even remotely close to "valuable"? (Thus, remaining bad for such and such number of years.)

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Huh? That seems to be only slightly more than the going rate for a five-year vet of his talent level. Are you of the opinion that all non-All-Star players should be making the league minimum, or something?

Spike

Subsidiary Intermediary
Staff member
Well, we don't really have an albatross of a contract round these parts anymore, so I guess he's next up. Raja Bell's 5 million puts him 27th among shooting guards. Garcia's isn't bad, unless you think his 6.4 million team option in 2013 is going to be a problem.
300K bump each year? Isn't that like COLA money for the NBA? :D

He's a good glue guy to have. I'm actually pretty excited to see how he's matured once he gets his sea legs back. Now's not the time to bag on the dude.

It's borderline fair, about the price for marginal starter/#1 swingman off the bench.

But in the context of the cheaper available talent (Omri/Donte) and the existing overpaid vets (Nocinoi/Beno) who play the same positions, it looks a lot worse.

Missing half a year already puts him in catch-up mode in terms of earning his share.