Draft Rajon Rondo with #16

Sign Melvin Ely

Bibby/Duhon/Rondo
Bonzi/Kevin
Artest/Cisco/Corliss
SAR/Armstrong
Chandler/Ely/Popatenko

Last edited:
I like both Chandler and Duhon, but Chandler needs to develop an inside game and his jump shot needs to improve. He also tends to get in foul trouble and is easily manipulated as he gets angry quick. Duhon would a nice fit, but the only thing that concerns me is the surgery he had.

SacTownKid

Hall of Famer
Sac.Kings said:
I like both Chandler and Duhon, but Chandler needs to develop an inside game and his jump shot needs to improve. He also tends to get in foul trouble and is easily manipulated as he gets angry quick. Duhon would a nice fit, but the only thing that concerns me is the surgery he had.
I have been waiting for years to see this happen. I just don't think you can expect Tyson to ever be good at either of these.

He would be perfect alongside Brad though.

As for the lineup, I think overall, our frontcourt is downgraded.

Ronnie Price is far from irrelevant yet. I like Rondo, but you can't just leave out Price. Other than that, I like the line-up. Would rather see us get a combo guard like Douby/Stinson/Diaz with #19, and draft Hilton at #16. As we've always had a CG/spark guard, and haven't since Bobby left. Would allow Price to devleop as PG, and one of the others to develop as a spark scoring guard 6th man off the bench.

Duhon's surgery information:

http://www.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=515777

Chris Duhon had surgery on his lumbar spine this morning at Rush University Medical Center.

The surgery was performed by Dr.’s Howard An and Brian Cole.

The surgery to remove a herniated disc went well and without complication.

Duhon will rest at home for the next several days before beginning rehabilitation. He is expected to make a full recovery and return to full basketball activity next season.
Doesn't sound bad.

Last edited:
ForlornKing said:
Price really might be the future of this organization.
I don't know about that. KMart is the future of this organization along with Cisco, but Price needs some playing time to show us what he can do before saying he is our future.

Hey, they see him in practice/camps... Also has shown good things in games, aside from garbage time. He just needs the PT, like Martin and Garcia have gotten (though out of force, still), it'll come this season.

ForlornKing said:
You are totally right.

I just forgot to add Price.

Price really might be the future of this organization.

I'm glad to see some people agree with me! The kid is Bobby JAckson in the making! If you want proof of his potential...look up the game against Dallas in December on TIVO and look at the similarities between the players!

Plus, I think I can give a deeper insight than most into the potential of this kid. I go to school near Utah Valley State College where Price played college ball. Granted it's small-time ball, but those guys have started playing annually against major D1 college teams, and Price not only held his own with those guys as a senior, but also made some of those supposed superior D1 guards look helpless at times to stop him. If he had a deeper team, UVSC probably would've stolen one of those games. The kid will be star one day! I just hope it's not with another team. It would hurt to see him kill the Kings later on down the road with another team.

Price's stats his senior year: http://www.uvsc.edu/athletics/mbball/news/stats.html

His shooting percentage isn't the best from beyond the arc...but I like the fact that he's not afraid to take the shot when he's open. If Bonzi stays...Price can shoot at will knowing that #42 will clean up the mess if it's not falling. Heck...that's exactly what Bibby does now as the starter!

BJax also wasn't known for his shooting coming out of college...but he's gotten better as his career has gone along. I see the same potential with Price given the playing time and the right coaching!

Last edited: