Food thread/what are you eating?

Weird confession here (to me at least, although I am sure that some out there might find it "normal")...

I do not like to cook (I don't know what it is about cooking, but it just doesn't excite me enough to grab my interest long enough for me to be able to produce something that tastes like something), HOWEVER...

I will watch about any, and every, cooking show out there that sparks my interest (Hell's Kitchen, MasterChef, Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives, along with a few others).

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
I wouldn't go so far as to say that I like to cook, but I like having control over what goes into my food. Especially when it comes to seasoning; my s**t's not always the best, but no one will ever call my food bland. That said, I do like grilling; I find myself volunteering to man the grill at pretty much every family gathering.

I wouldn't watch a cooking show on a dare, though.

Weird confession here (to me at least, although I am sure that some out there might find it "normal")...

I do not like to cook (I don't know what it is about cooking, but it just doesn't excite me enough to grab my interest long enough for me to be able to produce something that tastes like something), HOWEVER...

I will watch about any, and every, cooking show out there that sparks my interest (Hell's Kitchen, MasterChef, Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives, along with a few others).
I’m exactly the same. Love eating all types of food, watching all the shows, but absolutely despise cooking. My doordash bills are next level…like…I’ve legitimately wondered if my household is their #1 customer.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer

do you know how to cook or has anyone in your family cooked for you in the past or present?

do you know how to cook or has anyone in your family cooked for you in the past or present?
Do I know how to cook? Some stuff (very basic, though).
Has anyone in my family cooked for me (past or present)? My mom is an excellent cook. My sister can cook as well. My brother enjoys it himself, but not as much as my mom and sister. My brother-in-law, as well, is a good cook.

Last edited:

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Do I know how to cook? Some stuff (very basic, though).
Has anyone in my family cooked for me (past or present)? My mom is an excellent cook. My sister can cook as well. My brother enjoys it himself, but not as much as my mom and sister. My brother-in-law, as well, is a good cook.
do you ever watch them cook?

do you ever watch them cook?
Periodically, yes. Not my mom so much, as most of her cooking is done while I am working. But, if we're ever all together (as a family), and my brother and brother-in-law are making breakfast (for example), I will roam around and see what they're doing.

Admittedly, I probably watch cooking shows more than I watch my own family in the kitchen.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Periodically, yes. Not my mom so much, as most of her cooking is done while I am working. But, if we're ever all together (as a family), and my brother and brother-in-law are making breakfast (for example), I will roam around and see what they're doing.

Admittedly, I probably watch cooking shows more than I watch my own family in the kitchen.
do you think you don't like cooking because you aren't comfortable doing it properly? Long term, home cooking saves you lots of money and is much better for you than eating out constantly because you know what's in your food and how it's prepped.