Fire Walton

Status
Not open for further replies.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
There really needs to be a sarcasm emoticon. Being truthfull, I just assumed it was kicking him to the curb. :oops:
If we can't move him at the deadline I do hope we buy him out along with some of the other 1 year guys that are blocking any young players.

This is getting ridiculous. Last night we were basically playing a seven man rotation heavily favoring vets like it was game seven in the playoffs. Its a sign of a desperate man desperately trying to keep his job. This is not sustainable or the best for this team in the long run either. I mean can we stop this? We have the fifth worst net rating, we are not a playoff team.

I dont care if Luke coaches the rest of the season but it better not be like this. Expand the rotations, give young guys some playing time so they can get some valuable experience. Then the wins either come or wont.

Hearing from my friend that works for the Kings that Luke will in fact be fired during the All Star break. They wanted to let him ride out the season before making a change, but the optics of the losing streak and the way guys have checked out on defense all season has put pressure on the FO to do something. Gentry will be the interim coach.

This is some egg in the face for the Vlade/Walton cheerleading crew (do I need to name them?) here who were all giddy when Joerger got canned for daring to stand up to Lord Vlade. What a monumental cluster-eff up again, all overseen by Vivek. Although I won’t be mad in the end if we end up with Cade in the draft and maybe Atkinson as our coach.

As much as I want to see Walton gone, I have to disagree that he's lost the team. By all accounts, the guys are still playing hard for him. Buddy after the Lakers game said something along the lines that they had to win, people's jobs were on the line. I would be surprised if he's gone after the break.

Warhawk

Give blood and save a life!
Staff member
As much as I want to see Walton gone, I have to disagree that he's lost the team. By all accounts, the guys are still playing hard for him. Buddy after the Lakers game said something along the lines that they had to win, people's jobs were on the line. I would be surprised if he's gone after the break.
Agreed with the bolded, but he also isn't a very good coach (IMHO). He can still be canned even if he hasn't lost the team, obviously. I'm about 50/50 on if he gets canned this season, and really wouldn't be surprised either way.

It feels as if we might be on the cusp of being an 8th seed, but we just can't get out of our own way sometimes. And defensibly we are horrible for long stretches. These two things are probably somewhat related. Maybe linearly. ;)

Agreed with the bolded, but he also isn't a very good coach (IMHO). He can still be canned even if he hasn't lost the team, obviously. I'm about 50/50 on if he gets canned this season, and really wouldn't be surprised either way.

It feels as if we might be on the cusp of being an 8th seed, but we just can't get out of our own way sometimes. And defensibly we are horrible for long stretches. These two things are probably somewhat related. Maybe linearly. ;)
I agree with this. If I had foresight, I would know what side of the 50 I would be on. But I don't, just uneducated guesses.

Hearing from my friend that works for the Kings that Luke will in fact be fired during the All Star break. They wanted to let him ride out the season before making a change, but the optics of the losing streak and the way guys have checked out on defense all season has put pressure on the FO to do something. Gentry will be the interim head coach.
It will be interesting if this post is proven true. The Kings have been tight lipped this season and I’m only 50 percent sure Monte is still alive

Yeah, I thought he might have lost the team a few games back, it looks right now like the team is still trying and just isn't good. It just looks like they are dejected from so much losing. I think Walton isn't a good coach, and after listening to the JJ Redick podcast with Zion, it sounds like Gentry isn't a good a coach either (not a surprise).

It will be interesting if this post is proven true. The Kings have been tight lipped this season and I’m only 50 percent sure Monte is still alive
Whether or not it happens won't necessarily prove the post true or not. That poster could very well have someone on the inside feeding bits of information but even if it doesn't happen doesn't mean the first part is false. How many times does the scuttlebutt of office politics not come to fruition? Office politics are office politics. And if it does happen, it doesn't necessarily make the first part true. That sequence actually happening is a logical bet, regardless of inside information available or not.

I do know if I was that poster's friend, I would be pissed. I wouldn't appreciate someone putting me in the firing line. You can share without "sharing."

Whether or not it happens won't necessarily prove the post true or not. That poster could very well have someone on the inside feeding bits of information but even if it doesn't happen doesn't mean the first part is false. How many times does the scuttlebutt of office politics not come to fruition? Office politics are office politics. And if it does happen, it doesn't necessarily make the first part true. That sequence actually happening is a logical bet, regardless of inside information available or not.

I do know if I was that poster's friend, I would be pissed. I wouldn't appreciate someone putting me in the firing line. You can share without "sharing."
to be fair, the friend shouldn’t be sharing company business with civilians. Either way it’s not the end of the world. I’m glad we don’t hear much from Monte other than when a move is made

I’m glad we don’t hear much from Monte other than when a move is made
Agreed. By all accounts, this front office is more tight-lipped than the last couple. (I believe Jason Jones and others have commented to that.) Maybe that’s a convenient way to deflect criticism of inaction, but the trade deadline is still almost three weeks away, so we will see soon enough how it shakes out. Given that they were burned by another front office blabbing to Woj about a deal that wasn’t actually done, I wouldn’t be surprised if they’re being extra cautious about leaks.

Hearing from my friend that works for the Kings that Luke will in fact be fired during the All Star break. They wanted to let him ride out the season before making a change, but the optics of the losing streak and the way guys have checked out on defense all season has put pressure on the FO to do something. Gentry will be the interim coach.

This is some egg in the face for the Vlade/Walton cheerleading crew (do I need to name them?) here who were all giddy when Joerger got canned for daring to stand up to Lord Vlade. What a monumental cluster-eff up again, all overseen by Vivek. Although I won’t be mad in the end if we end up with Cade in the draft and maybe Atkinson as our coach.
For what purpose? So we can pick 10th or 11th instead of 6-7 with a chance of top 4.

Yeah, I thought he might have lost the team a few games back, it looks right now like the team is still trying and just isn't good. It just looks like they are dejected from so much losing. I think Walton isn't a good coach, and after listening to the JJ Redick podcast with Zion, it sounds like Gentry isn't a good a coach either (not a surprise).
no kidding just say I’m hearing. No point in putting someone’s job on the line.

<this post should be replying to the getting of data from insiders>

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.