Fire PDA!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol. Larry, if anything I've done a poor job of illustrating that I DON'T KNOW. I really don't! No clue. I'm simply choosing to give these guys some room and time to work. That's all. Not going to hang them until the defense rests. Not just the prosecution. Doesn't that make any sense at all?

Damn straight I want the arena rocking. Only way to make that happen? Wins. And on that, we can all agree.

We. All. Want. Wins.

And thanks for listening! Believe it or not, this gives me material for my "busted show"
No with the 2014 draft looming, some of us are fine with cutting out the cancer on the current roster, development of players and a winning style of basketball, but only enough wins for a top 4 pick. I'd give up 6-8 wins this year for 20 more than building a mess now that's stuck in no mans land.

Your show didn't suffer from material or anything you did. You are talented. Your cohost and format are very brutal. I don't think PDA should be fired yet. But I'm pretty sure that Brooks and your producer should go already

I've said all along, anyone can have any opinion at anytime. Period. It's the quick fire that makes you look stupid.
Correct me if I am wrong, but your opinion at this moment is that you don't have an opinion. What do you think you will accomplish telling those who do have an opinion that their opinion is stupid? That's the area of conversation I am stuck on here with you. You can have a discussion with people who have different opinions, but to not have one and attack those who are tying to have a conversation with one falls under that "sad and silly" that you mentioned earlier. Gary is a perfect poster to look to as an example here. He often disagrees with people, but presents an argument that stimulates discussion.

I guess you might just be a masochist and enjoy talking to the idiots and telling them how dumb they are, is that the point here?

Last edited:
I've said all along, anyone can have any opinion at anytime. Period. It's the quick fire that makes you look stupid.
so basically have an opinion but make sure its not quick fire? implying that my opinion is okay as long its middle of the road and doesnt really state anything? but if its strong in one direction or the other im stupid? k gotcha.

Glenn

Hall of Famer
OptimusRhyme may regret starting this thread but it tapped into something that is real. CD may think it has revealed the average Kings fans stupidity. That's one way of looking at it. People are very angry at something and to trying to pass this off as some kind of aberration is unfair. That' my opinion.

What are people angry about? Is it really coming from stupidity? Does it have no basis in reality? I don't think this ownership should stick their heads in the sand and try to talk away what is happening. There is a minor uprising going on here. It can be solved by a major signing of a great SF but until something good happens, the anger will be here. It's real.

OptimusRhyme may regret starting this thread but it tapped into something that is real. CD may think it has revealed the average Kings fans stupidity. That's one way of looking at it. People are very angry at something and to trying to pass this off as some kind of aberration is unfair. That' my opinion.

What are people angry about? Is it really coming from stupidity? Does it have no basis in reality? I don't think this ownership should stick their heads in the sand and try to talk away what is happening. There is a minor uprising going on here. It can be solved by a major signing of a great SF but until something good happens, the anger will be here. It's real.
Yeah, if we signed AK-47 today, I'm sure tempers would calm a little......a little.

Because the ONLY implication here is that Vivek is so colossally stupid, that he would ridiculously overpay for this franchise, and then go out and hire some imbecile to ruin his team and cost him his fanbase, all while he idly sits by and reads the TIBCO news letter.
Sorry, I just felt I had to point out that I think this is horribly wrong (and if it is coloring how you or others perceive those who are questioning the recent front office moves, then it would make sense why they seem to bother people as much as they do).

Yours is certainly not the "ONLY" implication, and in my opinion it is in the minority of opinions. I think most people would consider Vivek (a) awesome for buying the Kings and keeping them in Sacramento and (b) to-be-determined as far as quality of ownership. And even after the moves most of us disagree with I think the general sentiment is that he will be better than average in that respect.

Last edited:

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Correct me if I am wrong, but your opinion at this moment is that you don't have an opinion. What do you think you will accomplish telling those who do have an opinion that their opinion is stupid? That's the area of conversation I am stuck on here with you. You can have a discussion with people who have different opinions, but to not have one and attack those who are tying to have a conversation with one falls under that "sad and silly" that you mentioned earlier. Gary is a perfect poster to look to as an example here. He often disagrees with people, but presents an argument that stimulates discussion.

I guess you might just be a masochist and enjoy talking to the idiots and telling them how dumb they are, is that the point here?
Step back and read that part again. If Dave hasn't "stimulated" the discussion, I'll eat my laptop. ;)

K

Kingsguy881

TV shows seem to get cancelled after 1 show these days. How long can talking about Dave's head last?
I heard part of it this am. It seemed forced. But like the new regime I am willing to give it a chance. My fave was when Dave was on late night. That show was killer.

Faith/believes and rational are both needed in some dose to win hearts and minds.

Just asking for blind faith... that just does not cut it.

Rational/strategy from before draft and immediately after draft conveyed via interviews was "defense, long term goals, clean mess".... I do not see that in actions, no draft picks, no bad contracts shed (yet), record contract for Landry signed.
Then Rational was "ball movement" ... and Landry was signed and Ellis is being courted.
Through all that, I do not see how having Landry and Ellis contracts for 4 years fit anything down the road.

All or some of these actions are in minds of bunch of folks simply wrong. Completely counter productive way to solve it to ask for blind faith, which I am hearing from folks that have some insight like Leslie Moore and CD.
Give some story, some strategy in madness, something that would make at least partial sense.
You cannot reason by asking for faith.

The only saving grace right now is that there can be more moves, but the time and number of players on the market is shrinking daily.
This off season is not completely lost, but we now need KO stuff since we are losing by points.

Bull****. The initial Landry thread was critical of the move and you popped in to remind everyone how grateful we should be to have a team. You used Vivek as a shield, not that anyone was going after him, and generally condescend to all who dare judge these moves.

This is a place where people discuss the Kings. Not only do you not add to that discussion you are trying shut it down, now claiming we are not qualified to present opinions of merit. If you came on here and called for patience you would be in good company. Instead you tried to make people feel guilty for having a opinion, plus this new schtick about how people are unqualified plebs. What a incredibly ****ty thing to do. And enough with the dismissive post where you mockingly self flagellate, new schtick please.

Last edited:
And you know this how? By looking into your crystal ball?

As far as I know, PDA and co. don't have a large track record in making good or bad moves. Hence, the whole "be patient" argument.
no i know this by evidence of every championship team ever assembled...any other questions?

What is happening here is really quite simple. We have had 7 years of spiraling downward, grasping on every little move as some saving grace of positivity for this franchise. And every move ended up being a cost cutting move to put or keep money in the owners pockets. Along that path we had a 3 year roller coaster of the team staying/leaving/being sold. Finally we received the outcome we wanted and we are getting our new arena and we have new owners and a new FO. We had expectations of having Iggy, reke, trading thorton, jimmer, Hayes for good pieces. Now that those things aren't happening the way we thought, we have vacillated back to the doom and gloom but it's being magnified by the rays of hope we had from 2 weeks before the draft to July 2nd.

This forum is like a bunch of Meth addicts that got off the drug for 3 weeks after 7 years of reliance and now we fell off the Wagon. Hard.

People need to stop being so visceral. I have had many disagreements with VF21 over the years, I am shocked she is allowing this to go on, but I think I agree with her it's best to get all of this out of our(your) system or this will be a miserable place in the next few months.

Bull****. The initial Landry thread was critical of the move and you popped in to remind everyone how grateful we should be to have a team. You used Vivek as a shield, not that anyone was going after him, and generally condescend to all who dare judge these moves.

This is a place where people discuss the Kings. Not only do you not add to that discussion you are trying shut it down, now claiming we are not qualified to present opinions of merit. If you came on here and called for patience you would be in good company. Instead you tried to make people feel guilty for having a opinion, plus this new schtick about how people are unqualified plebs. What a incredibly ****ty thing to do. And enough with the dismissive post where you mockingly self flagellate, new schtick please.
Sigh. I give up. There is no endgame here.

You obviously missed my points, or I poorly communicated or both. Don't know how many times I can express everyone's right to an opinion, or remind those that accuse me of condescending how much of a normal dong dong I am like everyone else. But then it's schtick or whatever.

We are all Kings fans. Period. Fire PDA, don't. Freak out, don't. I've dropped my two cents, more like 99 cents. It's an endless circle. Those who see my point, fine. Those who don't, equally fine. I feel how I feel and am dead passionate about it, as are many else. It saddens me to see all the negativity and faith, but I can't counter counter counterpoint all day. I give.

Go kings.

Yes, because its well known that indian software magnates obviously have more basketball knowledge then let's say the several hundred former coaches and players on this board. Or the occasional Ivy League lawyer. :p

But no need to go after Vivek. You can bury your head in the sand, elevate basketball GMs to the level of professionals if you like, but its not a complex industry or endeavor. Its a made up league playing a made up game, with all the rules of both wide open to anyone who watches. David Kahn was a GM. Colangelo was a GM. Joe Axelson was a GM. Geoff Petrie was GM. Every terrible stupid move in NBA history was made by a GM. Every team that has ever blown its capspace, wasted its youth, ruined its chemistry or put together a mismatched roster has done so at the hands of a GM.
Vivek and Pete have more NBA front office experience than all the x-jocks on this board combined. Vivek alone has a better entrepreneurial track record than this whole board combined. Vivek's skin is in the game big time. I'm backing that horse. I think for all your insight - you are inflexible on the Tryeke thing. Seems to be no consensus among the league that he is the next coming of dwade. And you seem to be of the opinion that we were a few shrewd moves from being a winner. You are persuaded that chuck and Jason and tryeke are good Locker room guys although you have not shared their locker room.

I think Vivek and PDA are in better position to make these calls than you are - and they have the advantage of knowing what their big plan is.

Want to say there is no big plan? Well that's just religion you have yours I have mine.

Sure hope to see the post game write ups next year and years to come. Hope not too many pretty girl threads.

What is happening here is really quite simple. We have had 7 years of spiraling downward, grasping on every little move as some saving grace of positivity for this franchise. And every move ended up being a cost cutting move to put or keep money in the owners pockets. Along that path we had a 3 year roller coaster of the team staying/leaving/being sold. Finally we received the outcome we wanted and we are getting our new arena and we have new owners and a new FO. We had expectations of having Iggy, reke, trading thorton, jimmer, Hayes for good pieces. Now that those things aren't happening the way we thought, we have vacillated back to the doom and gloom but it's being magnified by the rays of hope we had from 2 weeks before the draft to July 2nd.

This forum is like a bunch of Meth addicts that got off the drug for 3 weeks after 7 years of reliance and now we fell off the Wagon. Hard.

People need to stop being so visceral. I have had many disagreements with VF21 over the years, I am shocked she is allowing this to go on, but I think I agree with her it's best to get all of this out of our(your) system or this will be a miserable place in the next few months.
I think if we just hadn't been able to get the people we wanted, your point would be valid. But the fact that we are apparently going to spend money on the types of pieces we are is what is frustrating people. Again, people would have been just as angry if it was Petrie/maloofs doing it. So the moves are still bad under the new regime.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member

That's your interpretation. The only thing I had visions of was a new front office making moves which make the team better and so far I haven't seen that. It's not that I've been conditioned to hate everything by the previous regime, that doesn't even enter into it. Bad decisions are bad decisions in any circumstance. You either think these are bad decisions or not. The amount of energy that has been expended to discredit people for even having an opinion is what's shocking to me.

1. Incomplete. Let's see the rest of the moves, if any.

2. Same thing. Let's see what happens next.

3. I vomit at the idea of Ellis coming, but these guys know him a hell of a lot better than I do. If it happens I will shudder, but ill wait for the games to be played before I want PDA fired and think Vivek is a cute little short guy who is clueless about basketball.

But that's just me.
You sound like me, and sir, because of that you will be flamed to no end like I am on a daily basis here :)

You sound like me, and sir, because of that you will be flamed to no end like I am on a daily basis here :)
Flamed? Though we have different views, I enjoy our squabbles. It's not like we shout random random insults at each other, we present our conflicting ideas in an argmentative manner (most of the time, LOL)

That's your interpretation. The only thing I had visions of was a new front office making moves which make the team better and so far I haven't seen that. It's not that I've been conditioned to hate everything by the previous regime, that doesn't even enter into it. Bad decisions are bad decisions in any circumstance. You either think these are bad decisions or not. The amount of energy that has been expended to discredit people for even having an opinion is what's shocking to me.

And I think it is a correct one. I don't like the moves as they stand right now either. But that doesn't mean people need to be fired. We've had:

- This thread started
- A guy quit the board because of this
- A guy profess if the Kings trade DMC he wont be a Kings fan anymore
- Numerous personal attacks

That is not what people do when they are upset we signed carl landry and might be looking at Ellis.

CruzDude

Senior Member sharing a brew with bajaden
CD has it right. There is no endgame to this thread. VF21 has been more than patient with the core mob exercising their 2nd amendment rights on this particular thread but the accusations and "snarking" and arguing for the sake of arguing has gone way too far. The owners, the GM and the coach has joined forces and set a plan in motion. That in itself is NEW. They have clearly said this first year they want to establish a "culture" for the team to play team ball. That is also NEW.

It has been said many times the Kings of the last 2 years had some good players on the roster but there was not the slightest hint of a good team, of a culture or philosophy. Since its obvious the core mob doing all the mouthing off has never coached basketball and likely never played ball above the high school level, their credibility to me is near zero in their dialog.

Real Kings Fans? Why the argument here and now? One definition of "real Kings fans" could be those of us who endured thru the late 80's and the 90's before Peja, CWebb, JWill and Vlade. But whether we are "real" or not has nothing to do with it. Kings Fans are Kings Fans. Period. This thread is of no benefit to anyone anymore. It ends here.

Status
Not open for further replies.