Favorite TV shows (other than sports programming)

Favorite Primetime TV show (other than any type of sports programming)

• Lost

Votes: 7 18.4%

Votes: 5 13.2%
  • Survivor

Votes: 3 7.9%
  • My Name is Earl/The Office funny hour

Votes: 4 10.5%
  • American Idol

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Dancing With The Stars

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Desperate Housewives/Grey's Anatomy

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • Prison Break

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • CSI (either one or all)

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • Other

Votes: 13 34.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Other than any type of sports programming, what is your favorite TV show. Some listed are not showing new episodes, but still have an intent to continue. I have also listed an "other" for all "the others". Pun intended. :D

I chose Lost. This show just captivates me! I have some runner-ups though, and that would be:

2nd Runner Up: Earl/Office funny hour
1st Runner Up: Prison Break (for the hotties)

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
I have two questions:

1 - Why are "Desparate Housewives" and "Grey's Anatomy" grouped together? What if you only watch one or the other?

2 - Does wrestling count as "sports programming?"

I wish this was multiple choice. I am addicted to 24, can't wait for Prison Break to come back, I think karma is on my side if I watch Earl, The Office is the funniest show on TV IMO, Dr House is a must see, Boston Legal and Danny Crane are my poop don't smell it comes out in pretty colors and I do have a guilty pleasure of enjoying American Idol. Thank god for 2 dual tuner HD dvrs (all the shows I listed are in HD!!). So much easier too watch all that at my own convenience and without commercials.

I voted the My Name Is Earl option with all the generally weak shows offered.. Earl is funnier than I had thought it would be. One of the FEW regular cable sitcoms I follow when I can ... along with Nip/Tuck of course.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
^^??? My Name is Earl isn't cable programming. It's NBC, as is The Office (a blatant ripoff of the BBC program of the same name).

I would have liked to see this be a multiple-choice selection because while I chose 24, I have different "favorites" in different categories. Survivor is reality, My Name is Earl is sitcom, CSI is crime dynasty, and Americal Idol is Springer TV.

;)

Okay, those may be just MY categories but I do separate them in my mind.

VF21 said:
^^??? My Name is Earl isn't cable programming. It's NBC, as is The Office (a blatant ripoff of the BBC program of the same name).

I would have liked to see this be a multiple-choice selection because while I chose 24, I have different "favorites" in different categories. Survivor is reality, My Name is Earl is sitcom, CSI is crime dynasty, and Americal Idol is Springer TV.

;)

Okay, those may be just MY categories but I do separate them in my mind.

Whatever, Earl is the best option IMHO..

Mr. S£im Citrus said:
I have two questions:

1 - Why are "Desparate Housewives" and "Grey's Anatomy" grouped together? What if you only watch one or the other?

2 - Does wrestling count as "sports programming?"
I figured most people tend to watch both shows since they follow each other. You can vote for it but maybe just say you love DH and hate GA, or vise versa. Sorry, the max was 10 and I tried... :(

...anyhoo...

And for #2, the answer is no because it is scripted. ;)

Well, I haven't posted a poll in ages so I didn't do a great job (waaah!), maybe one of the mods could change the poll? Not sure, but multiple choice probably would have been better.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
SKFFL said:
I figured most people tend to watch both shows since they follow each other. You can vote for it but maybe just say you love DH and hate GA, or vise versa. Sorry, the max was 10 and I tried... :(

...anyhoo...

And for #2, the answer is no because it is scripted. ;)
In that case, other; with the exception of Grey's Anatomy, I don't watch any of that stuff... And, for my tastes, "reality" tv is the absolute worst.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
SKFFL said:
Well, I haven't posted a poll in ages so I didn't do a great job (waaah!), maybe one of the mods could change the poll? Not sure, but multiple choice probably would have been better.
I can't change the poll from single response to multiple-choice. It wouldn't matter if the poll was perfect, however; we'd still find a way to whine about it. It's our job, it's what we do...

;)

Slim - Reality shows are REAL. And if you watch them, you'll realize your problems are nothing compared to the delusions some of them suffer under.

:D

i dont watch much tv, but when i do, it's usually kings basketball or reruns of seinfeld, friends, and everybody loves raymond. that said, i think my name is earl is the best new show (comedy) on tv. the office is funny, but it is a ripoff of the BBC show. arrested development is great, as well. can't believe they're cancelling it. such a shame...

Padrino said:
i dont watch much tv, but when i do, it's usually kings basketball or reruns of seinfeld, friends, and everybody loves raymond. that said, i think my name is earl is the best new show (comedy) on tv. the office is funny, but it is a ripoff of the BBC show. arrested development is great, as well. can't believe they're cancelling it. such a shame...
I love(d) Arested Development. I hate howFOx put the 2 hr season finale on Friday night without advetising it that much. That was probably yhe series finale as I doubt it will se the light of day again :(

As for The Office, it is not really a ripof because it is done in collaboration with BBC producers. I thought it would be hard to match the original, but they have developed characters very nicely and I think it is just as good (if not better) as the original.

CSI - Las Vegas and Miami .... all the reruns ... I've seen the NY one, like it ... it's on an evening I'm usually doing something else.

Hi my name is Folsom Al and I'm also a SEINFELD addict :D

1. Battlestar Galactica (the new one)
2. 24
3. CSI (original one, although I also like the Miami one)
4. House, M.D. (although I'm always missing these shows)

I LOVE Grey's Anatomy. That and Desperate Housewives (which I think is ok, was better last season) are the only shows I watch during the week. I guess I should get TIVO or something to record other ones, but those two are the only ones I'm able to make time for.

You there are other shows besides sports on TV?!:eek:

I had no idea.;)

Prophetess said:
taped for me weekly

Stargate, Stargate Atlantis..

Lucky you. I havent seen either show completely in 4 weeks. I have to wait till the DVDS come out this summer. :(

slugking50 said:
You there are other shows besides sports on TV?!:eek:

I had no idea.;)

Lucky you. I havent seen either show completely in 4 weeks. I have to wait till the DVDS come out this summer. :(
and this would be ONE of the reasons, I love my parents, they have dish so they tape them for us. ;)

Prophetess said:
and this would be ONE of the reasons, I love my parents, they have dish so they tape them for us. ;)

I just go over to the Official Stargate forums every week to see what i missed.

Thats where i found out they just started filming season Ten on Monday.

Last edited:
I have never been a TV fan (except Kings games, of course) but this last weekend my son rented all of the first season of LOST - and the whole family got completely hooked. We did this incredible marathon - and had a blast. What a great show. I am bummed that we have missed all of this season. It's on Wednesday nights at 9 right?