[FANTASY HOOPS] Keeper League...

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Anybody here ever run one? Specifically, has anyone here ever run one in Yahoo? My best friend and I are planning to try and run one next season, but we have no experience in this sort of thing. Any useful advice?

Mr. S£im Citrus said:
Anybody here ever run one? Specifically, has anyone here ever run one in Yahoo? My best friend and I are planning to try and run one next season, but we have no experience in this sort of thing. Any useful advice?

My best advice:
Let me draft Lebron. ;)

-King Nole

I've never played in one but would like too. I'm not sure yahoo offers any keeper leagues anyways, the only thing I've ever seen from that site are head-to-head, rotisserie, and winners leagues. I think the format is just that instad of the season ending you carry all of your players over to the next season. I think LOL.:)

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
Yahoo doesn't "offer" one, per se, but they can be done. The thing about trying to run a keeper league on Yahoo is that you pretty much have to do a offline draft every year, so I'm basically wondering if there's anyone here has any experience running an offline draft, and would they provide me with any useful advice?

heres how a guy on Yahoo is doing his:

"THE DRAFT When we do the draft, it will be offline meaning we will be in the yahoo pool and we post our pick when it's our turn and then you will pick up your player from the List of players. Each round will be like this until we finish the draft. This draft will take about a week or shorter (depends on how fast you make your picks). There is a 4 hour time limit for each pick, this may seem like a long time, but trust me, it's not at all. If it is too short or too long we can discuss this as a group. Also when we are drafting, you can trade your pick to get a higher pick. For example, if I wanted a third round pick, I could trade my 4th and 5th round pick for it. ROOKIE DRAFT Every season, we will have a rookie draft so this means you have a pick each season. Every team will draft a rookie this year, but after this yr, you will get a ROOKIE PICK. Now you can trade these away at any point in the season or hang onto them until the draft and draft a rookie. Each rookie when drafted will be free/3yrs. So this does not go against your cap. ALSO, THIS IS A HEAD-TO-HEAD LEAGUE. THIS WAY THE LEAGUE IS VERY COMPETETIVE THROUGHOUT THE SEASON. DROPPING/ADDING PLAYERS When you add a player at anytime during the season, you are signing that player for the rest of the season for 1 mil. After the season is done, he's a free agent. Now when you drop a player from your team, you keep that contract on your team until the contract runs out. For example, if I have a plyer worth 1mil/4yrs, i get that player's contract for 4 yrs. Free Agent Signing. After the end of each season, all the free agents are to be bidded on to be on your team. This will be a week process, after the week is done, the players will be put on your team. NOw if you win a bid, you must choose the length of his contract. you can choose to make it 1 to 5 yrs long. Since this league will last 5 yrs minimum. How it works is, you e-mail me how much you want to bid for that player, and I will post the highest bid for that player on the group page, in a FILE. Keep in mind, if you only have 7 mil in cap room, you cannot sign a player for 8 mil. You can only bid on as much as you have in the cap. The STats FG% FT% 3PTM PTS OREB DREB AST ST BLK there will be more later..... e-mail me"

guys name is mojayson on yahoo

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
I don't think that I can make that work for my league as-is, but it's as good a place as any to start, I guess... thanks; good looking out.

nice Samoa Joe pic Slim. Gotta love TNA Wrestling.

I would love to be in a keeper league. If you guys need an extra person, Im in.