Explosions Near Boston Marathon Finish Line

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
There just aren't words any more to describe the feelings every time something like this happens. My thoughts and prayers are with all of those impacted by this tragedy.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
It's also being reported that more devices have been found and are being disarmed.

From Twitter:

ER Problems ‏@ERProblem 38m

Trauma RN from Mass Gen states many pt's with severed limbs, children with massive burns, pos casualties. God bless her and everyone there!
Retweeted by Dave Lack (Fireplug)

For those who do not know him, Dave Lack is a firefighter.

Krunker

Northernmost Kings Fan
If devices are being found and disarmed that is great news and will go a long way to identify and catch the culprit.

rainmaker

Hall of Famer
WTF is wrong with this world. Every time something like this happens I lose a little more hope in humanity, and this kid of crap is happening at an increasing rate.

Heart goes out to those on Boston.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
My God....That's......that's just awful.......

Terrorism?
Yes, if you use the definition of terrorism as "violent acts used to cause fear or intimidation." It doesn't matter who is behind this. Innocent people have died because of an act of violence.

We stay away from discussions of politics or religion around here. It's probable the motives behind this will touch either one or the other or both topics. All we can do is keep those impacted by this in our thoughts and/or prayers.

It's moments like this that make me lose my faith in humanity.
However, there are reports of runners going straight to the hospital to give blood. Men and women who ran towards the explosion to see how they can help.
There will always be evil and good in the world. Let's hope the good continues to outweigh the evil.
My prayers go out to those who are affected by this tragedy.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I agree, Prophetess. And there's another group of people who run towards the explosions, fires, etc. That's our first responders. Thoughts and prayers in their direction, too, along with my utmost respect and thanks.

From Twitter:

demarcus cousins ‏@boogiecousins 7m

#prayforboston

FOX40 News ‏@FOX40 16m

Google Launches Person Finder for Boston Explosions http://bit.ly/137o5sR @FOX40

You never want to see anyone get killed in these types of attacks, but the fact one of the victims was an 8 year old child is hard to stomach.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
So many people out to watch a sporting event. I guess we should be thankful there haven't been more fatalities. It truly boggles the mind.

I posted this on FB earlier:

I am thinking of Boston tonight and the devastation that befell it today. My thoughts are also with the loved ones of those who died or were injured. Their pain tonight must be almost unbearable.

My love and caring intentions are with them and will be for a long time. This is a time to love and to reach out in support.

Though its hard, I will not surrender to thoughts of hatred and violence, because then evil wins. I don't know who did this or why they felt the need to do something so horrific. They are not important and neither is their cause. They want my attention and they will not get it.

Only those harmed and suffering today deserve my attention. They will get as much as I have in me in love and support. May they find some comfort in the love and support of millions.

And I am thankful to all the brave first responders and to bystanders who also rushed to help, despite the danger they were facing. Blessings on them all.

Last edited:
[yt="Cqo1Ad6spkY"]Cqo1Ad6spkY[/yt]

Video recorded by some residents of the gun fire late last night in Boston (skip to 50 second mark). Homes are on lockdown and the military roam the streets.

I don't understand why they did this. These kids were both smart and well liked. One even had Olympic aspirations for the US.

EDIT:

Wow another hail of gunfire this afternoon and now the younger brother is trapped on a boat. I hope they take him in alive and figure out what this was all about.

Last edited: