Evans trade poll

What do you think of the Evans trade?

• Total voters

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Weeks before we actually drafted Tyreke, when most on this fourm were going nuts over the possibliity of drafting Rubio, I suggested that if we want to draft a player that could bloosom into a star, we should draft Tyreke Evans. Of course my suggestion wasn't very popular at the time. And when we actually passed on Rubio, and drafted Evans, just about everyone was furious. I voted undecided! I'm a results person, and we won't know the results until the opening bell rings. So I'll wait until then, and maybe even longer, if thats what it takes to see how it all plays out.

I try not to get emotionally involved with players. My favorite player on the original team was Mike Woodson, and one year later he was gone. I loved Brian Grant, and wa la, he was gone. I seem to remember the world ending when he left, but just a couple of years later, he was long forgotten with the emergence of Vlade, Webber, J. Will, Peja, and Christie. So I'll wait and I'll see!

Weeks before we actually drafted Tyreke, when most on this fourm were going nuts over the possibliity of drafting Rubio, I suggested that if we want to draft a player that could bloosom into a star, we should draft Tyreke Evans. Of course my suggestion wasn't very popular at the time. And when we actually passed on Rubio, and drafted Evans, just about everyone was furious. I voted undecided! I'm a results person, and we won't know the results until the opening bell rings. So I'll wait until then, and maybe even longer, if thats what it takes to see how it all plays out.

I try not to get emotionally involved with players. My favorite player on the original team was Mike Woodson, and one year later he was gone. I loved Brian Grant, and wa la, he was gone. I seem to remember the world ending when he left, but just a couple of years later, he was long forgotten with the emergence of Vlade, Webber, J. Will, Peja, and Christie. So I'll wait and I'll see!
I'm with you man... I was on this forum predraft that year comparing Tyreke to Wade (ended up being not the best comparision, lol) and saying Evans was the guy we should pick rather than Rubio. Was PUMPED when it went down like that and estatic after his rookie year. I'm disappointed but I guess where I differ from most on this forum is I'm more than willing to let our f.o. have a couple of seasons before I begin to judge them. Like I keep saying, I've learned my lesson in this regard by going down this route with the 49ers and Giants over the last few years. No fans on chat boards liked any of their moves when they were made yet they've all turned out alright. Now any move they make is called amazing immediately upon completion... it's a reputation thing. Let's give Pete D some time to build his rep up... he doesn't like Reke, bummer. He might very well be right where all of us are wrong though. Imma wait and see...

I am disappointed, but I do understand and I am not angry. I think that he just became too expensive for what he has shown in the past few seasons.

rainmaker

Hall of Famer
Bordering between disappointed and furious. I'm disappointed because PDA and a number of fans don't appear to realize the talent we had but I can understand moving Reke if we have a deal lined up in using the created cap space. But furious because it increasingly looks like we traded Reke for Vasquez and cap space without a plan, unless using the cap space to be completely hopeful on the free agent market without anyone lined up qualifies as a plan, which I'd say is a crap plan.

If there's a player, a player with star talent we have lined up and had lined up and that's why we wanted cap space, understandable and I'll wait to see who that player is, but that would happen pretty quickly in the next few days. But given his comments yesterday it appears he doesn't have anyone lined up and he's simply hoping we can sign a vet shooting/passing SF for 1-2 years, which is an inexscusable plan if true but has yet to be determined although looking more likely by the day.

If PDA didn't do his research on our lack of success on the FA market and is running this operation on some miscalculated dream, shame on him.

Last edited:
I don't think Tyreke was going to be a good fit for our team going forward. It's clear we're focusing on DMC and need good shooting and ball distribution as our foundation. Tyreke never blossomed into a franchise type player and wouldn't have been worth the money NOLA offered him.

Will miss having his slashing abilities, but he still wasn't the type of guy who could create a shot for himself to close out games.... my biggest disappointment really is that he was never able to develop a reliable jump shot. Would have made a HUGE difference. I don't doubt that he put in the work, it just obviously wasn't successful.

I think had we kept Reke, best case we improve somewhat next year, but maintain a confused identity that keeps us from developing into a playoff team.

Biggest thing is losing a guy with Tyreke's character and attitude. Truly a team guy who said and did all the right things.

Looking forward to us setting an identity as a goal and pursuing making it happen with the right pieces rather than just collecting a whole bunch of mismatched talent...

I wish we could have got a first round draft pick thrown into the mix, in addition to Vasquez, but all in all, I'm cool with the move.

I've said repeatedly that Reke's rookie season was fool's gold, and one of the worst things that could have ever happened to our franchise in the last 5 or 6 years, because that one season had people thinking that Evans could be a huge star, and ever since then we've been trying to shape and mold our team around Evans unique and hard to mesh with talents. Basically, we pretty much ruined our team trying to get all the pieces to fit with Evans unique talent, and now that we have a standard type point guard, we don't have to worry about all of that anymore.

This will be New Orleans headache now.

Will I miss Tyreke's defensive ability ? Hell yes. Comparing Evans to Vasquez straight up (which is foolish imo), obviously we take a HUGE hit defensively, but it's a hit I can live with, because ultimately, Tyreke was never going to take us anywhere. (again, just my opinion)

I wish we could have got a first round draft pick thrown into the mix, in addition to Vasquez, but all in all, I'm cool with the move.

I've said repeatedly that Reke's rookie season was fool's gold, and one of the worst things that could have ever happened to our franchise in the last 5 or 6 years, because that one season had people thinking that Evans could be a huge star, and ever since then we've been trying to shape and mold our team around Evans unique and hard to mesh with talents. Basically, we pretty much ruined our team trying to get all the pieces to fit with Evans unique talent, and now that we have a standard type point guard, we don't have to worry about all of that anymore.

Will I miss Tyreke's defensive ability ? Hell yes. Comparing Evans to Vasquez straight up (which is foolish imo), obviously we take a HUGE hit defensively, but it's a hit I can live with, because ultimately, Tyreke was never going to take us anywhere. (again, just my opinion)
We ruined our team trying to find pieces to fit with Reke???!!! Wtf are you even going on about? What pieces did we acquire to fit Reke?

I'm disappointed because the FO turned down Jeff Withey twice and Robin Lopez.
You say it as if that's some capital sin or something. The sun will rise tomorrow without those 2 players I assure you. Also I agree with Anthony1's post. Its one step closer to looking like a basketball team that makes sense.

Last edited:

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
Voted Disappointed, though I am also in the undecided camp. The disappointment comes exactly from what the poll answer says - he was jerked around too much by the past regime which put us in quite the untenable position this offseason. Yes, it is true that crap teams stay crap teams because they let their future stars walk. It is also true that crap teams stay crap teams because they misjudge and overpay their talent. 4 years in we should have had a better handle on Tyreke's true value and we didn't

disappointed, for so many reasons i've stated on so many occasions. very disappointed, to add a qualifier. will upgrade to "furious" if PDA fails to bring in further personnel that constitute 1) a commitment to defense, and 2) a replacement for the elite rim attack that was just shown the door...
voted furious, but this post more precisely describes how I feel.
The Kings magic is gone for sure no matter who, if anyone, is acquired.

I was going to wait a few days to vote because maybe PDA has something up his sleeve. So far that something is Carl Landry so I was forced to put in my vote early. So far I believe tyreke>>GV+Landry. Please let there be something more coming. Wait let me correct that, please let there be something BETTER coming

This made me lol hard!