Elephant in the room

I believe most of you have saw the Wojo report that Karl is really pushing for a Cousins trade. My question is who could you get the most value from? It's also being reported that Karl really would like an established NBA player in the deal too not just picks and young players.

Lakers are pushing hard for him. Randle, Clarkson and the #2 pick would be a pretty good start.

Celtics have a bunch of picks to start with

Denver is probably the best partner considering Karl really likes Lawson. Denver also has Faried, Nurkic Chandler and the 7th pick.

What do you guys think? Who do you see getting the most value out of come draft night?

A report of Woj with no acutal quotes, that is not worth any salt.
Cousins is flat out the best center of the league and has a longterm deal in SAC.
None of the teams you mention has a possible package, that is worth dealing Cousins for.
A bunch of picks and prospects or mediocre players will not get it done.

After all of the things that surfaced overnight I don't see him with us at the start of the season and I forsee an absolute debacle very shortly. I'm so done trying to figure out what this franchise is doing.

After all of the things that surfaced overnight I don't see him with us at the start of the season and I forsee an absolute debacle very shortly. I'm so done trying to figure out what this franchise is doing.
Why? Cousins is under contract until 2018. There are acutal quotes of our FO and owner, that there will be no Cousins trade. On the other hand there are a few rumors by sports journalists and people, who consider themselves sports journalists, without any reliable sources or quotes.
No reason to act like a Cousins-trade is set in stone.

Couins, Iggy and Melo all tweeted out "snake in the grass" in one form or the other. I can't see Karl coaching Cousins one of them will have to go, shots have been fired

Couins, Iggy and Melo all tweeted out "snake in the grass" in one form or the other. I can't see Karl coaching Cousins one of them will have to go, shots have been fired
Because an emoticon on Twitter is of more value than a long term multi million dollar contract?
If our FO decided DMC is not tradeable, which they clearly said, than it's up to Karl and DMC to get on the same page. After all this is not kindergarten - it's business. These guys are pro's and will get along fine as long as the franchise takes a step into the right direction next season. Winning cures everything.

Woj is usually a fairly reliable source yeah? I just have a feeling. That and almost every move starts out with a rumour of some type.
Well, Woj told the story of PDA tenure in Sacramento as if weasel sent him his diary, and Woj simply forwarded it to the editor to check the spelling. Same happening here would be the only hope for peaceful resolution.
We obviously don't know, what goes on behind the curtains, but even if Karl had every intention to find a way to co-exist with Boogie, this puts him in defensive position: George must now deny this at least in private to repair the relationship, which would be rather surprising given his ego. Plus Karl has a lot of leverage given the way, he became Kings' head coach.
Vlade will have to build one helluva bridge to connect the two, which is really doubtful.

Last edited:
Priority #1 by far, keep Cousins, trade/fire Karl if this is true...

Lakers aren't an option, I don't care what their assets are. I would rather have Cousins leave in free agency than trade him to the Lakers.

Denver or Orlando can offer the best package IF a trade is going to occur.

I think this a PDA leak to try and cause problems with DMC and the kings. He is probably leaking old karl feelings.

PDA is trying to get his slimy hands on DMC by giving woj a "source".

News flash here PDA, you are no longer GM of the kings, thank goodness!

Vlade is in charge now and DMC not going anywhere. If anyone goes, it will be Karl.

Spike

Subsidiary Intermediary
Staff member
Stop. There's too much smoke to this fire to just be PDA. Just stop.
Well:
  • Cousins's camp asked for a trade a month ago. We heard nothing.
  • PDA takes a new job 2 weeks ago.
  • Denver tries to get #6 for Lawson. Fails.
Now this.
Karl may feel the way he does. Cousins may feel the way he does. None of this should be out in the open. This probably happens more often than you think, but good teams have a way of keeping things under wraps.

There's really just one guy who was on the inside who could leak this. Now, I give PDA credit for knowing the possibility of combustion existed prior to bringing Karl in, but that doesn't mean he didn't light the match.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
Stop. There's too much smoke to this fire to just be PDA. Just stop.
We have one report from Woj with an anonymous source and a bunch of other "insiders" calling this news and citing Woj as their source. This isn't a lot of smoke, it's a photograph of smoke being xeroxed to infinity. There's a substantial difference.

We have one report from Woj with an anonymous source and a bunch of other "insiders" calling this news and citing Woj as their source. This isn't a lot of smoke, it's a photograph of smoke being xeroxed to infinity. There's a substantial difference.
There's a lot more than that...you have CD basically confirming everything including Cuz privately requesting a trade a month ago, Cuz's tweet with snakes in the grass aimed at Karl, you have JT when asked about Cuz say something to the effect of sometimes its not just about the numbers (don't have the source for the JT comments, but was referenced on the CD show this morning).

The elephant in the room is that the Kings remain a totally dysfunctional right up to the top. He says Vlade is in total control, but teams are telling Stein that Karl is running the draft and can make "some trades." Woj is saying that Karl is talking to teams about trades, including possible trades for DMC, he knows Vivek doesn't want to move DMC, and he's trying to get enough players on his side to make a pitch to Vivek ... perhaps along with minority owners that aren't on the same page as Karl to push Vivek into a move like when they pushed to to hire Karl. Manix has the same story and he's said that PDA isn't his source. It's lots of teams and folks still working for the Kings.

For more than a year, we keep hearing that other teams have no idea who holds final control on moves when they have the Kings on the phone.

This falls on the feet of Vivek and his jacked up ownership group. It's been the most bizarre 9 months in a long time in the NBA. This is well beyond Mark Cuban or rookie mistakes. This team is very poorly owned.

Until this ownership group either gets competent or moves on, this is still going to be a mess.

funkykingston

Super Moderator
Staff member
If we're really talking about where we'd like to see Cousins traded then I don't really care what the Kings get in return and only really care which team he goes to because that will likely be the team I start following.

How about this:

Lawson
Faried
Chandler
Galinari

for
Cousins
Gay
Collison
#6 pick

Then Karl gets back all his old players while the Nuggets can draft Mudiay and WCS and I can be perfectly content watching Mike Malone lead that team to the playoffs.

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
I believe most of you have saw the Wojo report that Karl is really pushing for a Cousins trade. My question is who could you get the most value from? It's also being reported that Karl really would like an established NBA player in the deal too not just picks and young players.

Lakers are pushing hard for him. Randle, Clarkson and the #2 pick would be a pretty good start.

Denver is probably the best partner considering Karl really likes Lawson. Denver also has Faried, Nurkic Chandler and the 7th pick.

What do you guys think? Who do you see getting the most value out of come draft night?
You can't trade players for coaches so I don't see how this would fix our problem :cool:

Kingster

Hall of Famer
The elephant in the room is that the Kings remain a totally dysfunctional right up to the top. He says Vlade is in total control, but teams are telling Stein that Karl is running the draft and can make "some trades." Woj is saying that Karl is talking to teams about trades, including possible trades for DMC, he knows Vivek doesn't want to move DMC, and he's trying to get enough players on his side to make a pitch to Vivek ... perhaps along with minority owners that aren't on the same page as Karl to push Vivek into a move like when they pushed to to hire Karl. Manix has the same story and he's said that PDA isn't his source. It's lots of teams and folks still working for the Kings.

For more than a year, we keep hearing that other teams have no idea who holds final control on moves when they have the Kings on the phone.

This falls on the feet of Vivek and his jacked up ownership group. It's been the most bizarre 9 months in a long time in the NBA. This is well beyond Mark Cuban or rookie mistakes. This team is very poorly owned.

Until this ownership group either gets competent or moves on, this is still going to be a mess.
Doesn't sound like Vlade is running a tight ship, does it?

Doesn't sound like Vlade is running a tight ship, does it?
He will be once he fires George Karl's a$$ for undermining him in this way.

By the way - another clue that the "source" is PDA - notice how Vlade is being completely dissed in the whole story? Karl wants to trade DMC, Vivek won't let him. Vlade is completely marginalized as a decision maker. Something Pete D'Alessandro would do. I'm a little surprised Woj printed it quite that way actually.

Vlade has to fire Karl, or just shrink into the background from here on out - his title and Vivek's comments about him being the basketball decision maker will be a joke

i've been trying to figure out how we are going to take over nba in india with position-less cherry picking basketball. don't fret ppl, vivek has 2 giant indian centers waiting in the wings if cousins is traded. all 50 steps ahead thinking.

Payton and Vuc along with their 5th pick would be a start. I would want to trade with Orlando if I had my choice and if it was a foregone conclusion that Cuz was gone.

Use the 6th or 5th pick to draft Mario and trade the other pick for a pick further down the draft and a player, or for a player straight up.

rainmaker

Hall of Famer

Celtics don't stand a chance. If we're actually going to contemplate this for a second.

Cuz and the #6 to NO for Anthony Davis and Holiday/Reke

Cuz and the #6 to OKC for Durant(then flip Rudy) and Ibaka or Westbrook and Ibaka

Lebron sign and trade with Cle, with either Kyrie or Mozgov coming too, in exchange for Cuz, Rudy and the #6.

Would I do any of those? No. Would they? No. Maybe OKC does Westbrook/Ibaka for Cuz/#6 but I'm not. But the point is when you have a 24 yr old who's the best center in the game, you better be getting a top 5 player in return. Picks, decent vets, role players, are all non-starters. Anything else and this franchise might as well have moved to Seattle as it'll be dead to me.