Dream Team Quarterfinals --- The Team (3) Vs. The Dominant Dozen (6)

Who Advances to the Semi-Finals?

• Kingsnation: The Team (3)

Votes: 9 60.0%
  • vikinginferno: The Dominant Dozen (6)

Votes: 6 40.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reed and Eaton vs. Russell and Malone. Advantage Vikinginferno. Jordan vs. Wade is pretty close, as is Nash vs. Hardaway...

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Reed and Eaton vs. Russell and Malone. Advantage Vikinginferno. Jordan vs. Wade is pretty close, as is Nash vs. Hardaway...
Yeah, the rebounding is a big advanatge to Viking, but the interesting thing is he's got Moses starting out of positon at PF, not at backup center. Makes for an interesting matchup -- Moses would destroy Dirk on the offensive glass, but had no ability to stay with guys on the perimeter at all.

Meanwhile viking has more talent, but kingsnation has some of the best championship caliber roleplayers in the biz. I remain torn.

Last edited:
Yeah, the rebounding is a big advanatge to Viking, but the interesting thing is he's got Moses starting out of positon at PF, not at backup center. Makes for an interesting matchup -- Moses would destroy Dirk on the offensive glass, but had no ability to stay with guys on the perimeter at all.

Meanwhile viking has more talent, but kingsnation has some of the best championship caliber roleplayers in the biz. I remain torn.
Yeah he doesn't have people to guard both Russell and Malone. Malone was actually pretty quick and in my mind would do great at power forward. I could even put Russell on Dirk.

He has great role players, but he doesn't really have much offense off the bench besides Terry. His team will definitely have trouble on offense when the stars go out. I also have very good role players and your whole bench shouldn't really be role players. I've got our own Doug Christie to provide some hustle, toughness, great D, and also some shooting. He would guard MJ when Wade goes out. Maurice Lucas is another role player on my team, known as "The Enforcer". He provides great defense, toughness, blocking, rebounding, some scoring, and also intimidation. Along with my other great players on the bench, I think I have the advantage there.

I actually have pretty good matchups. No one can really guard MJ, but D-Wade is one of the best matchups against him and will likely lessen his impact.

Tim Hardaway probably has an advantage on Steve Nash. Nash actually wouldn't be extremely helpful in a dream team because other guys like MJ would be controlling the ball and Nash's passing ability wouldn't be used as much. Nash also plays very bad D and will fall for all of Hardaway's moves and not be able to guard his shot.

Now to maybe my biggest advantages. Dirk on Malone??? He has no chance. Malone would destroy him.

Bill Russell will not let anything come through the middle and can provide another inside scoring threat.

Bernard King vs. Rick Barry is a good matchup, but King has a huge athletic advantage. Barry is the better shooter, but King for the most part will be able to stay with him. Barry will have a hard time staying with King though.

Last edited:
Viking, this will be a fun round. Best of luck to you.

I don't have much time here but I will answer the comment about the lack of offense on my bench. Terry and Parker will provide the offense off my bench. But more-so, I am not concerned about my offense in this matchup though because the way the rotation is set up, I will have at least 1 or 2 of my original starters in the game at all times.

Reed and Russell will be a great match, IMO. I also agree that King and Barry will also be very interesting.

I will comment more soon.

Yeah, the rebounding is a big advanatge to Viking, but the interesting thing is he's got Moses starting out of positon at PF, not at backup center. Makes for an interesting match-up -- Moses would destroy Dirk on the offensive glass, but had no ability to stay with guys on the perimeter at all.

Moses won an MVP playing a lot of power forward with the Rockets, so it's not really out of position.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Moses won an MVP playing a lot of power forward with the Rockets, so it's not really out of position.

Er...I don't think that's right, at least not to the best of my knowledge, although my knowledge of times B.B. (before Bricklayer) is sometimes splotchy.

These are Moses' teams during his two MVP seasons in Houston. There were basically no other centers even on the roster.

81-82
http://databasebasketball.com/teams/teamyear.htm?tm=HOU&lg=N&yr=1981

78-79
http://databasebasketball.com/teams/teamyear.htm?tm=HOU&lg=N&yr=1978

Status
Not open for further replies.