Draymond being Draymond, 2023-24

I have zero faith that the commissioner will finally grow a pair and drop the hammer on D Green.

Man, id love to see how David Stern would handle Green. He was a real commissioner.
I didn't really like Stern, but I feel he was trying to make the league better.

I hate Silver he's just in it for the money and fame. His management of referees(that is to say none) and inconsistent foul calls(that is bias) clearly caters to the "entertainment" portion of Sports Entertrianment.

I have zero faith that the commissioner will finally grow a pair and drop the hammer on D Green.

Man, id love to see how David Stern would handle Green. He was a real commissioner.
If Stern had been in the building like Silver was last playoffs when the chest stomp happened, Draymond would have been suspended for the rest of that series at minimum, maybe the entire playoffs. When Draymond got on the chairs and started taunting the crowd, that would have been it for Stern. IDK why Silver is so lax with this stuff.

After all, spectator sports of any sort are entertainment. Draymond is entertaining. He makes money for the league and the team. Follow the money.

But NASCAR wrecks, MMA mayhem, hockey fights, football dirty hits, and similar are also entertaining. Not excusing any of it...just human nature.

Draymond has been spazzing like that for years. It's incredibly odd. It's like his anger builds up and he knows he's not allowed to just straight up hit anyone so he purposely flails his arms and legs to hit people in an attempt to make it look unintentional. It just winds up looking like a really weird, unnatural intentional shot.

I usually like Draymond. I have no issues with hard fouls and 80s style basketball but stuff like this is pretty ridiculous. If you're mad at Nurkic, floor him when he goes for a dunk or layup. Don't turn and do some weird spinning front fist to the side of his head and then say you were just trying to sell the call.

After all, spectator sports of any sort are entertainment. Draymond is entertaining. He makes money for the league and the team. Follow the money.

But NASCAR wrecks, MMA mayhem, hockey fights, football dirty hits, and similar are also entertaining. Not excusing any of it...just human nature.
Only if you're a Luddite. Some if us want to see the best players playing the best basketball.

Draymond has been spazzing like that for years. It's incredibly odd. It's like his anger builds up and he knows he's not allowed to just straight up hit anyone so he purposely flails his arms and legs to hit people in an attempt to make it look unintentional. It just winds up looking like a really weird, unnatural intentional shot.

I usually like Draymond. I have no issues with hard fouls and 80s style basketball but stuff like this is pretty ridiculous. If you're mad at Nurkic, floor him when he goes for a dunk or layup. Don't turn and do some weird spinning front fist to the side of his head and then say you were just trying to sell the call.
Its remarkable he can do this weird crap in the course of a game and its just close enough to look like basketball to fool the administration into thinking its incidental. Its his best skill at this point.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Its remarkable he can do this weird crap in the course of a game and its just close enough to look like basketball to fool the administration into thinking its incidental. Its his best skill at this point.
I would argue that exactly zero of the last three incidents have looked like basketball at all, yet the league still seems to soft-pedal it.

Sounds like Warriors fans are finally turning on him. The question is, what now? I won’t count them out until they are eliminated and they have a ton of assets to trade but it’s pretty funky over there right now. If they decide to move on they won’t trade him to a team like the Lakers. Philly?

Kingster

Hall of Famer
I don't think it fools anybody other than maybe small children and the mentally challenged. Stan Van Gundy was a joke when he said he didn't know if the clobber was intentional. He's on my "most disingenuous" list - zero credibility. I guess he thinks by being on Green's side he has a better chance to get back into NBA coaching for some reason. There should be no debate AT ALL whether these incidents are intentional and Green should be rewarded with a very long vacation.

I know what I see.
Draymonds a criminal who assaults coworkers. Hes already use his "whoops sorry" allotment. Anywhere else would be lawsuits and blacklisted.

Sounds like Warriors fans are finally turning on him. The question is, what now? I won’t count them out until they are eliminated and they have a ton of assets to trade but it’s pretty funky over there right now. If they decide to move on they won’t trade him to a team like the Lakers. Philly?
Exile him back home to Detroit? Bojan’s contract might fit, and maybe the Pistons are that desperate for a jolt?

Warhawk

Give blood and save a life!
Staff member
Exile him back home to Detroit? Bojan’s contract might fit, and maybe the Pistons are that desperate for a jolt?
Can we exile him to like, Toronto, instead, then revoke his passport? I'd seriously like to never see his name associated with the NBA again, except for a lifetime ban for all his attacks on other players.

He's a delusional lunatic loud mouth. He might even actually believe that this was "an accident", so nothing he says at this point really matters

Last edited:

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
Just watch, Draymond will be reinstated just in time for the next Kings game against the Warriors. :rolleyes:
I think that would be 20 games. If that's his ban that's a step in the right direction as surely that would be strike 2 on a 3 strikes your out deal.

Just watch, Draymond will be reinstated just in time for the next Kings game against the Warriors. :rolleyes:
Something tells me he finally crossed a line. I know Silver is known to be a "player's commissioner" but I also think he really cares about the image of the league. You simply CANNOT have this type of behavior in the league Silver wants to create. There have been many warnings, and something tells me Silver is kinda done here.

He's not a stranger to long suspensions: See one Ja Morant.

I wouldn't be surprised if he's gone for the rest of the year. In fact I think there's an outside chance is gone permanently. Better practice your Chinese draydray.